The Greatness in Silence

Under The Rose Petals

 

Edited?

[x] No [] Yes

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                My mom didn’t ask questions about why I was up early, she was just happy that I had woken up on my own this time. Today was a little cooler outside so I had on leggings and a long baggy sweater. I didn’t like cold weather and I would much rather stay in somewhere warm but my mom always told me that that wasn’t a good excuse to stay in my room and do nothing all day. I sighed, getting my combat boots on, swinging my bag over my shoulder, my mom already waiting in the car to drive me to school for a change. I still didn’t know what to do when I got to school, or how I would react when I saw Myungsoo, but I knew the best thing would be to act like it never happened. My intelligence is astounding.

 

                Obviously, life hated me real bad because all day I was awkward around Myungsoo. When he would talk, I would focus on his lips, when he would just sit there, I would look at his body, admiring it. Whenever he would catch me staring, my face would turn red and I would immediately look away, finding something else to focus on. However, it wasn’t until after school when we were getting our things from our lockers did he bring up the issue.

 

                “Hey, is everything okay?” He asked, sounding generally concerned about me. I shook my head, throwing my World History notebook in my locker, deciding to just carry the textbook and save my shoulders. I looked at my math notebook and remembered Woohyun, on the rare occasion that he talked, had offered to help me on the homework we had this weekend. I told him that I would love that because I was really behind and we just started the New Year. That’s how bad my math skills were. “Are you sure?” Myungsoo broke through my thoughts making me look at him. “You’ve been acting…” he paused trying to find the right words to finish his sentence, “out of character.” I shrugged, not really knowing what my ‘character’ was and closed my locker. Woohyun came down the hall with Dongwoo and Sungyeol and when he spotted me, he smiled just a tiny bit. Myungsoo turned when he heard Dongwoo yell about something and waved to them, them waving in return.

 

                “Ready to go?” Woohyun softly asked me when he finally reached us. I nodded and headed to the stairwell, the boys following close behind me. The others had gone with Lily to get some ice-cream so they wouldn’t be joining us on the walk home, but I really didn’t care; the less people the better. After much yelling on the walk home, Woohyun and I decided to head to the library down the street from my house since it would be quieter, and because my mom was home.

 

                The library was probably older than my great grandparents and had a very vintage and “old” feel. It had dark maroon carpeting, and probably a gazillion book shelves stocked with any kind of book imaginable. Woohyun and I took a table in the very back and got out our math books. We were the only ones in there besides a few people either reading, or on the computer. The thing I liked most about this library was that many people never came here. It was always pretty much empty and that’s why I loved it; not to mention it was close to my house too.

 

                The only problem was that I couldn’t get my mind to focus on the mix of numbers and letters in front of me. My mind kept drifting back to the dream I had of Myungsoo and I, and I eventually found myself becoming frustrated in not only the fact that I kept thinking about it, but because my life was ruined. I had a strange feeling that there might have been something special I was feeling for him, but I kept denying it. Finally, Woohyun took notice of my struggle and lack of paying attention.

 

                “You aren’t focused, are you?” Woohyun pointed out the obvious as he set his pencil down, staring over at me. I shook my head and sighed, “Numbers just aren’t my thing Woohyun. We have a terrible relationship with one another, and I don’t think I can see them anymore.” Woohyun let out a soft chuckle that made me look at him and my cheeks go pink. His voice was sort of deep, but also really soft and almost melodic. It made butterflies want to dance in my stomach every time he spoke; it was even worse when he laughed though, oh god I had only heard it once and I swear I died on the spot. I found out that Myungsoo and Woohyun were really close friends and had done everything together since childhood. I found it ridiculous how someone like Woohyun could put up with someone like Myungsoo considering Myungsoo was a jerk face ugly coconut, and Woohyun was like a fluffy bunny rabbit.

 

                “Well, maybe we should take a break. We’ve only been working for about… twenty minutes.” Woohyun suggested staring at his watch. I made a sound of agreement and leaned back in my chair, savouring the silence that followed. Woohyun seemed to do the same by the rustling of his clothes and I sighed in contentment. Woohyun was a good person, although he was quiet most of the time, we somehow had a mutual understanding of one another. It was nice having someone how understood you for once and never asked questions. Not that Lily didn’t understand me, she just asked and talked all the time that it was slightly irritating. My thoughts then found themselves thinking about the one week deal I had with the boys. I hadn’t forgotten about it, it’s just that I found myself growing used to them around. I didn’t like that after two days I was use to the yelling and joking that flew around the group. I think I’ll have to hang with a few of my other friends for a while. Woohyun and I finally got back to work and at about 5:30 my called me to tell me to get my home.

                Woohyun walked me to my house, much like Myungsoo had, but this time, I wasn’t going to get a kiss; which I loved more than anything. “Nice house, Erica,” he commented, looking around my front porch. I smiled and thanked him, fishing out my keys from my bag, ready to get inside and see what my mom made for dinner. Woohyun grabbed my arm and cleared his throat. “Uh, it was nice… you know… spending time with you and… yeah.” He said this despite the fact that we barely talked to each other unless I was asking questions about math. I smiled at him once more and nodded, “yeah, it was.” He took his hand off my arm and grabbed his phone from his jean pocket, offering it to me. “Let’s exchange numbers.” He sounded confident now and it surprised me, but also made my heart feel warm for some reason. I took my phone from my bag and handed it to him, taking his and punching in my number. He did the same, and I noticed the smile on his face.

 

                “You’re a lot better at this than Myungsoo was.” I commented stuffing my phone back in my bag. Woohyun let out a laugh and nodded. “Yeah, he isn’t too good with his words and actions.” I stared at him in wonder, “how did you two even become friends?” My question seemed to bring a laugh from him once more. “I get that a lot, but I honestly don’t know.” He replied taking a deep breath. “I mean, you’re like a cute bunny rabbit while he’s an ugly hippo. There are so many differences!” I threw my hands up in the air making him laugh even louder. “You think I’m a cute bunny rabbit?” He questioned, hand over his mouth as he continued to laugh. I brought my hands back to my sides and blushed slightly. “Well, for the record, I think you’re an adorable gerbil,” he said leaning in close to me so our noses touched. Just when I thought he would kiss me, he brought his hand up and patted my head softly. My face was beyond red as he leaned over and kissed my cheek. I realised how much of a hoe bag I really was at that moment. First Myungsoo and now Woohyun, academy has me at the top of their list.

 

                Woohyun straightened back up and smiled the brightest I had ever seen the boy smile and took a few steps back. “Have a nice weekend and call me if you need any more help with the math.” He started to walk down my front steps. I had momentarily gone into La-La land for a bit, thinking about what the hell was wrong with me when I realised Woohyun was halfway to the sidewalk. “Ah! Yeah, will do!” I called to him, watching him turn and wave before going down the street. I sighed and opened the door, greeted by mom waiting at the end of the front hall. “You know, as a mom I should be worried that twice in a row, a new boy’s brought you home.” She had her arms crossed with a smirk on her face making me glare at her as I took my shoes off and locked the front door. “I’m not bothered by it though, this is interesting.” With that, my mom walked into the kitchen to serve what smelled like chicken. I hated that woman sometimes.

 

                “Mom, why did you have to be this way?” I grumbled as I went into the kitchen to eat.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Ah, feels good to update again (: I won't be updating tomorrow though. Sorry.

But, in the meantime, i'll distract you with all these myungsoo gifs (:

  

Alright, that's enough (: I have homework to do and i'm just wasting time. 

Ole~