The Lie That Tears us Apart

Under The Rose Petals

 

Edited?

[x] No \ [] Yes

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                I slept wonderfully last night, a lot better than I ever thought that I could. I wasn’t sure if it was because of what Myungsoo had said to me before I went inside, or if I just felt all the guilt being taken off my shoulder, all my worries were forgotten and I could finally breathe. However, these thoughts were quickly swept from me when I came downstairs and found the kitchen completely empty; no mom singing and smiling, making breakfast and lighting up the room with her presence. Now, the kitchen looked dull and boring. Similar to a room you would probably get bored in. Although, the kitchen looked very much lived in with a chair at the head of the kitchen table pushed back, papers scattered on the table. The stove had a pan on it – probably there awaiting my mom to cook our dinner on.  The yellow and white polka-dotted curtains that hung in the window above the sink were drawn, not being closed since the night before.

                I sighed, not smelling any delicious bacon or French toast frying. I looked in a cupboard and settled on Lucky Charms cereal, eating in silence that completely consumed me and made me more depressed. I couldn’t wait till school.

                I was at my locker, twisting the knob to the right set of numbers when I heard rushed footsteps running towards me. I sighed, knowing exactly who it was. “Erica,” the voice called out, no more than ten feet away from me, “I’ve been looking all over for you!” I looked towards Lily, finally getting my locker opened.

                “What’s got you yelling so early in the morning?” I asked, shoving a notebook on the shelf.

                “I just heard the news!”

                I stared at her with somewhat of a surprised look. What news? Nothing has happened that’s worth screaming about. I went home and that was it. Nothing was exciting about that.

                “Woohyun, he just-“ Lily must have been running around the school looking for me because she was so out of breath. I had stopped what I was doing, hand mid-air as I was reaching for my textbook. “He-he told me.”

                “What, what did he tell you?” I wracked my brain for anything that might have gone one between him and I that would bring such a great reaction like this. I came up blank and stared at Lily with a puzzled look. Had we done something even remotely intimate? I don’t think so; at least, that’s what I thought anyway. Perhaps I said something to him and he took it the wrong way?

                “Congratulations on getting yourself a beautiful and wonderful boyfriend!”

                I was stunned. What boyfriend? I didn’t have a boyfriend the last time I checked. In fact, I don’t remember telling anyone that I had a boyfriend, or agreeing to anything of that sort. What in the name of trees was Woohyun doing? This was completely out of his character – well, from what I know anyway. I felt angry at Woohyun in that instant. Why would he even begin to think that saying something like that would be okay? I had no way to describe the anger that passed through me. Lily must have noticed because she held her hands up and backed up a few steps.

                “Hey Lily,” a deep masculine voice said that I knew only belonged to Myungsoo, “Erica.”

                I felt sad. I had somehow grown use to him calling me munchkin and I contemplated why he wasn’t calling me that now. When I turned to face him, he had a dark look on his face. I briefly remembered how I wanted to come to school because the large house had become so much emptier, but now, all I wanted to do was go home and be alone without any of these problems.

                “Hey L,” Lily said cheerfully from behind me and I knew she was probably waving at him as well, “d’you know where Hoya is? I haven’t seen the boy all day…” She trailed off, most likely patting her chin with her index finger in thought. Myungsoo only answered with a slight shrug of the shoulders, his eyes still locked with mine. It seemed to me that he was studying them, trying to see if something was there or not. I wasn’t sure what he was looking for and I was becoming slightly uncomfortable under his scrutiny, but I couldn’t seem to look away from his mesmerizing dark brown eyes.

                “Oh, there you are my little French fry!” Dongwoo called out to me. At least he hadn’t dismissed my nickname. I refused to break eye contact with Myungsoo though, and just sent a wave in the general direction that Dongwoo’s voice had come from. “What’s up with these two?” Dongwoo asked, the question directed to Lily.

                “I’m not sure,” she responded, probably more confused than him. She had never seen me act like this; holding eye contact like this with someone from the opposite gender. I usually just stayed clear of them and never bothered to interact with them. But now, things’ were much different.

                Eventually the others had joined us, all except Woohyun. Hmm, I wonder why? I didn’t like him like him, so I couldn’t understand why he would lie like he did. I for one wouldn’t do something so stupid like that. Now, instead of anger, I simply felt disappointed. Disappointed that he would even think of doing something like this; even the fact that he thought he could get away with something like this. Myungsoo seemed to read this off my face; he had come accustomed to reading my expressions like that now. We must have inconspicuously grown attached in the very little time we had spent together.

                He nodded his head towards me, the dark expression wiped from his face as he leaned over to wrap an arm around my shoulders. “Shall we head to class,” he questioned, looking down at me with a sly smile, “my little munchkin?” I smiled up at him, but only briefly before I replaced it with an annoyed expression.

                “We’re back to the munchkin business?” I joked as someone, probably Sungjong, closing my locker.

                “Hey, where’s Woohyun?” The voice of Sunggyu called out as we began making our way down the hall. Myungsoo still had his arm wrapped around me so I felt him stiffen at Woohyun’s name. I pondered the thought of why he would act like that considering they seemed to be such close friends, but I quickly dismissed it. It wasn’t any of my business anyway.

                “No clue, he wasn’t home when L and I left this morning,” Dongwoo said, coming up beside me so I squished between the two tall boys. No one seemed to press the issue further and we soon split up to enter our own classrooms.

                As I seated myself in the ugly plastic chair, throwing my bag against the leg of the desk, I made a mental note to ask Woohyun what the heck was going on with him and his crazy ideas. I knew in my heart that Woohyun was a special person, but I mean, he wasn’t that special that I would consider him dating material. I barely knew the boys enough to even think about things such as that. Lily and Hoya had hit it off pretty quickly and that was okay, but I’m much more different than that. Much more different.

                As the final bell rang for all students to get to their classrooms, I sighed, plopping my head into my hand. The empty and quiet house sounded much more pleasing at this moment.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Hey my little cupcakes, did'ya miss me? :D

Hehe, I missed you, and I'm extremely sorry for being absent for as long as I have, but all that matters is that I am here... with loads of unwanted drama that will make you want to kill me (:

Well, what do you think? Should I end the story with Erica ending up with Woohyun?

or, Myungsoo?

How about I be mean and say both?

Hmm, that's still up for debate... I might change it as I'm writting it so really, you'll never know. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Author-nim has gone crazy with all her evil plans, so she left me, Dongwoo, in charge of the farewells (: Let us know what you think of the story so far, and we hope to see you once more in the coming chapters! So, until the next update which we promise will be soon,

Ole~!