She's Mine

Under The Rose Petals

Edited?

[] No\ [x] Yes

 


                I thought this was something I could get away with. Although it’s difficult for me to explain it now, just know that this is what needed to be done. I know she’ll eventually come to accept what I have done; she seems like that kind of person. Or at least I hope she is.

 I can’t let him have her.

                These are the kinds of things I would like to say to her, but somehow all morning I’ve been evading her like she was some disease. Unfortunately I’m the one that’s the disease. I can tell she’ll hate me to matter what I say or do. She’ll hate this, think that I betrayed her trust and I know I didn’t want to do that but because of Myungsoo, I simply had to.

 

~flashback~

 

                The house was still quiet with people sound asleep. It was early in the morning; too early for anyone to be awake, but here I was alone in the kitchen lost in thought. I couldn’t sleep last night knowing Erica was alone with Myungsoo. I have a really bad feeling about those two and I constantly tossed and turned in my sleep unable to get comfortable. When I had entered Myungsoo’s room, I knew Erica was awake; her breathing was fast and Myungsoo’s face was slightly red. I felt sad that he must have liked her as well. But she would be mine.

                I heard a creek on the hallway floor and saw Myungsoo’s figure lower on to a chair beside me. The house was still dark but I could faintly see his outline. Neither of us said anything for a long time.

                “So,” Myungsoo said softly, almost a whisper, “what are you doing out here?”

                I didn’t look towards him and kept my gaze on the drapes in the large window across from us. “Thinking,” I replied simply, “what about you?”

                “Got hungry,” he said as he shook a box of cereal. He loves to eat cereal without milk and only eats the sweet flavoured ones. He hates the taste of milk unless it’s chocolate milk and he needs to drink it from a straw. This information I gathered from the years of us being best friends since we could walk. “What are you thinking about Woohyun?”

                I looked over at him to see him pop a marshmallow into his mouth. He was eating my Lucky Charms. “You and Erica."

                Oh,” he said placing the box on the table, “what about us?”

                “You like her don’t you?”

                “Cutting right to the chase,” he sighed, “yeah, I guess I kind of do,” he looked over at me probably coming to a realization of his own. “You like her too, don’t you.” It wasn’t really a question, more of a statement than anything else.

                His eyes were wide and only became wider – if possible – when I nodded. At that moment everyone but Erica woke up and came into the kitchen where we sat, saying their good mornings. Myungsoo stood up and signalled me to follow him into the now empty sitting room. Once we were on the couch, he spoke again,

                “This is going to tear us apart, isn’t it?”

                “Yeah, it probably is.”

                He let out a sigh as little footsteps sounded down the hall. We both knew it was Erica.

                “She’s mine,” he said looking at me, “she already has feelings for me.”

                I knew they had done something in that bedroom. “We’ll have to let her decide,” I argued. We couldn’t force her. Of course, that’s what I thought at the time.

                “She’s already decided. You can’t win.”

                With that he stood up and left to the kitchen, leaving the cereal box on the coffee table in front of me. At that point, I didn’t know I could feel this angry, and all I could think about was how much I wanted to take Erica from him. She was just as much mine as his.

 

~End Flashback~

 

                This is why it needed to be done. This is why I lied. But I can’t tell Erica about this, she’ll only hate me even more. I knew she hated me when she yelled at me in the cafeteria, in fact, she’s still standing there in all her grace pointing an angry finger in my direction, ordering me to explain myself. But how does one explain that they lied for a good reason? Was my reason even justifiable to lie?

                “Erica,” I began as I lowered my fork. Everyone at that table was looking at me with bewilderment; I didn’t make people mad very often. However, I wasn’t able to continue because she cut me off.

                “You know what, I don’t want to hear it,” she exclaimed, balling her tiny soft hands into fists, “I don’t listen to things that liars have to say, for all I know you could spit out more lies!” She looked like she was ready to reach over the table and knock me in the head, but Dongwoo placed what looked like a comforting hand on her shoulder to stop her.

                No one said anything for a while, everyone looking between Erica and me until she flipped her red hair over one of her shoulders and glared at me. “I can’t eat with people like you.” Then, she stormed off.

                When I tried to get up, Lily stopped me, “its best you leave her be,” she said with a soft voice. I sighed and sat back down, feeling terrible. When I looked up, I met Sunggyu’s disappointed look.


Author's Note~

Hello my litte cupcakes~! Sorry i've been gone so long, but life called and i needed to deal withi it ):

I've been under a lot of stress with school - exams and ISP's and all, so i've been super busy and... yeah, lot's of other nonsense that isn't worth mentioning.

BUT I'M BACK SO GET EXCITED!

Also, this chapter is incomplete, but i wanted to at least put something out there, so i did. But this also means that the next chapter will be even more longer. 

SO GET MORE EXCITED!!

Anyway, to all the new readers out there, hello and welcome, to all those that have been waiting, 

I'VE MISSED YOU <3

I promise there with be more updated after June 20th because that's my last exam~! 

So, until the next update,

OLE~