I'm Here For You

Under The Rose Petals

 

Edited?

[] No \ [x] Yes

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I usually never do this, or really want to do this, but this chapter I feel should be dedicated in honour of my very sick friend. One of my best friends is sick right now and she sounds a lot like a man, so I hope that this chapter will make her feel better. So with this fluffy chapter, i hope this will cure you and satisfy your myungsoo feels <3 (:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                As I came down the hallway, I spotted her sitting against the wall, knees bent up to her chest and her arms draped over the knees. She looked uncomfortable, but most of all lost. When I saw her this afternoon when we followed Lily here, I saw the tears in her eyes and I had the overwhelming sense to hold her, but instead I made her laugh – the only thing I knew how to do. I saw the look of distaste she bared on her face when Woohyun tried to comfort her, and not only did I feel a pang in my heart, but that look made my heart swell with a  pride; the sort of pride that I was winning the game that Woohyun and I had devised.

                I had taken the stairs up to the floor her mother was in, so Erica still didn’t know I was here, so I had time to study her gorgeous side profile. She really was something I had never seen before, and before leaving the house, I had made it clear to the others of where I was going. I had stopped in my tracks and watched a doctor leave the room, removing a mask from his face. Erica stood up quickly, holding her hands in almost a praying gestured as the doctor said something that I couldn’t see. She dropped her head and nodded slowly as the doctor walked towards me, and away from Erica. I moved passed him in the hall and made my way to Erica.

                “Hey there Munchkin,” I said quietly, but she still jumped in surprise at my appearance, “I see you’re doing marvellous.”

                She let out a sigh and I watched her roll her eyes before looking to the small rectangular window that showed her mother lying on the bed. She was unmoving, but the little heart monitor making jumps along the screen showed that she was still very much living.  I watched her every movements; rubbing her hands over her face, pacing a few steps for a couple seconds then sighing in frustration. I reached over and patted her head, making her look up at me with a scowl. She swatted my hand away making me chuckle.

                “Can you stop that?” She said when I attempted to do it again, and we ended up slapping each other for a few minutes before a nurse came out of a room and told us to be quiet. We looked at one another, and in that moment, the night before flashed through my mind; how soft her skin had been and the smell of chocolate on her skin, vanilla and strawberry in her hair. I kept my smile internal as we still had our gazes locked and I longed to touch her so much, that my fingers twitched.

                “Thanks for coming, Myung,” she said softly, averting her green eyes to the floor, “didn’t know you had a nice bone in you.”

                I chuckled at this and shrugged my shoulders. “Sometimes it just happens,” I saw her lips twitch into a smile, “creeps me out too all the time.” She looked over at me and her smile dropped. For a moment, I thought my joke had gone all wrong, but she walked over to me and encircled her arms around my waist, her head pressed against my chest. I found myself wrapping my arms around her and rubbing her back. I enjoyed the feel of her in my arms, not in the way that I wanted to take her to bed, but in the way that made my heart pound and my stomach erupt in fluttering butterflies. I had never felt this way for someone at all, and I smiled, loving the fact that it was Erica making me feel this.

                If only I knew that she felt this way about me as well…

 

~Erica’s Point of View~

 

                He smelled of mint and Old Spice cologne. My favourite combination of smells and I breathed it in as much as I could. When the doctor came out of the room, he had told me that the medication was taking very slow effects right now, although it still may be too early to tell, but he was estimating a couple more weeks in the hospital. Then, when I saw Myungsoo striding down the hallway with his overly confident walk, all I wanted to do was lose myself in him and forget everything that’s happened so far today.  I found that even through this difficult time, he could make me laugh even though I wanted to cry, and I wanted to feed off of his energy; make myself feel happy and content again.

                We stayed in our embrace for a total of ten minutes, I know because I was wearing a watch, and when we parted, we took a seat, side by side on the chairs this time. The nurse came to the room every half hour just for a quick look over, and it wasn’t until we had been sitting in the same spot, my legs draped over Myungsoo’s lap as he played a game on my phone, that the nurse said my mother was awake.

                I sprang to my feet and skipped to the window, tears coming to my eyes all over again when I saw her smile and wave to me. “She can hear you through the door if you sit up against it, sweetie,” the nurse said, patting my shoulder and making her departure to look after another patient. I pressed my forehead against the cool glass and smiled as best I could to my mom, and when I felt Myungsoo come up behind me and in the reflection of the glass saw him wave, making my mother wiggle her eyebrows to me and laugh like she wasn’t sick, I felt myself smile for real this time.

                I moved and sat on the floor, this time my back against the door and I still held my smile. “Hey mum.”

                It was a couple seconds before she finally responded, “hello daughter.” Leave it to her to sound sarcastic at this point in time. I let out a giggle, as did my mom, but faintly. Myungsoo came over and sat next to me and all three of us had a very peculiar conversation about everything and everything. But after a few hours, a nurse came by and said we had to go home, and by looking at my watch, I saw it was a quarter after twelve in the morning. (A/N: that’s 12:15 a.m for those that weren’t aware of the time fancy talk (: ) Myungsoo and I rose from the floor, but he waited where he stood as I walked to the window and waved to my mom. She waved back with a smile that shined and made her look like she wasn’t even ill at all.

                We finally made it outside and I was happy to feel the light breeze sway the trees and brush against my skin. My mom had told Myungsoo to walk me home since it was so late, and I didn’t argue which I found strange on my part, but at this point I couldn’t care. My mom looked healthy to me, and she wasn’t mad at me. I had told her about how I felt not seeing the signs that something was wrong, but she told me I was only living my life right now and she didn’t really care.

                I loved my mom.

                My house was a lot further from the hospital – maybe about a twenty minute walk, so we walked slowly through the quiet empty streets. Myungsoo never said a word the entire time, and neither did I, but when he did break the silence, I nearly jumped out of my skin.

                “Glad to see you smile, Erica,” he said, not looking at me. I stared up at him in shock, but my shock was soon replaced by a warm, fluttery feeling coursing through my body. It was similar to when Woohyun and I had spent the day together, but somehow, this felt warmer. “Smiling is better than frowning; frowning would ruin your beautiful face.” This time he did look at me, and I felt my face heat up at what I think was a compliment.

                “I wish I could say the same for you, Myung. Your face is covered in old man wrinkles,” I joked, causing him to laugh.

                “I would know if there were wrinkles on my face.”

                “That’s true, you always look in a mirror ever twenty minutes, and wrinkles would be hard to miss.”

                And that was the end of that little debacle and we didn’t speak again until we reached my front door. I looked at the giant wooden door and felt myself sigh, knowing it was going to be even more empty without my mother to liven up the place.

                “Erica,” I heard Myungsoo say, “don’t worry too much, it’s not good for your health and I’d die if I knew you got sick.” The caused me to look up at him and smile the best smile I could give at the moment.

                “Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine,” I said waving his words away, but he pulled me to him in another warm hug, stoking my head and back.

                “If you ever need me, I’ll always be free,” he murmured to me softly. I felt myself pull in nearer, resting my head on his chest, taking in his scent once more. “I’ll always be here for you, my little munchkin.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Hello my wonderful cupcakes, how are you~?

 I'm in a super happy mood because I am, and I want to spread that to you, so I made a happy, fluffy chapter~ 

If you weren't into that kind of thing, then leave.

:D Well, I don't have much to say other than I hope you liked the update, and not to worry, the rest of Infinite will be back next chapter :D

So comment and let me know how you like this, and, until the next update,

Ole~