Let's Sleep Together!

Under The Rose Petals

 

Edited?

(Half of it is edited, while I gave up half way, so please bear with my mistakes~)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                        I don’t think that words could express how happy I was to hear that she would let us be her friends. I personally didn’t understand why it mattered so much to us, I mean, we could just find other people to hang out with, and plus we had each other, yet in the midst of it all, I was one of those people holding my breath. I guess it was because I had grown to be attracted to her in some way. From our late night talks – even though either of us barely talked most of the time, to our similarities in many different areas, we must have formed at least some sort of bond at some point, and I would be lying if I said that I didn’t like that.

                        Ever since that day that I spent with her, I’ve found myself more drawn to her than I was when I first met her, and I knew that she was someone I would love to get closer to. When we sat in class together, I would always find myself looking towards her, watching as she pouted and scratched her right temple when she was confused and didn’t understand something in class, or, when she did get the answer, her eyes would become as bright as the stars and her smile, although very faint, it still seemed to take my breath away. When I watched her blow her bangs up off her forehead when she was deep in thought, I found it absolutely adorable, and when she fought with Dongwoo, you could see just how childish she really was on the inside. I also came to love her odd red hair, the way it cascaded down to her elbows, and when she was bored and gave up on the lesson in class, she would sit back and tangle her fingers in the length of her straight red locks. How much I wanted to run my own fingers through it and experience just how soft it looked.

                        I don’t think Erica really knew just how beautiful she really was, and I found myself wanting to tell her that every time I laid eyes on her.

                        I wasn’t someone who talked very often and I tended to keep more to myself; even with Myungsoo whom was my closest friend, I still had several secrets kept from him. I mean, you can’t tell everything to anyone, can you? But with Erica, I wanted nothing more than to sit down and tell her everything, be an open book to her and tell her everything that lay within my heart. To me, she seems like someone who would sit down and listen to whatever someone has to say. She doesn’t seem like someone who would not care, but someone who would simply listen and not judge you, in that way, I think it’s what most attracts me. I’m not usually someone who bases attraction on looks, but from the amount of information that I know about her – which isn’t really much – I know she’s someone who’s also extremely beautiful on the inside as well.

                        I was lost in my own daydream about her when I was startled by her soft voice whisper next to me, “hey, Woohyun,” the voice called to me, and I felt my heart stutter for a moment before I gazed into her green eyes. “I need some help on this question,” Erica said as she shifted her desk up against mine so I could look at her sheet. The teacher was a bit of a slacker and taught a quick lesson before assigning us questions either from the text book, or a worksheet that would be due the next day so we were always left to chat with our friends and accomplish no work. However, Erica was always eager to get her work completed in class, hopefully to get my help which is what I imaged to be the reason.

                        “What don’t you understand?” I asked her looking at all the eraser marks on her paper. I heard her let out a whine before slamming her head on the table.

                        “I can’t find the stupid inverse to this stupid function,” she answered me with that delicious pout on her face as she scribbled doodles on my paper. “It’s super hard and confusing!”

                        I let out a chuckle as I wrote out the steps for her to take and watched as she attempted to solve the problem. I couldn’t help my eyes as they made their way to her face, making me take in her real beauty up close. Erica’s skin was pale and no matter how hard I looked, it was difficult to find any blemishes and I was slightly envious because even I got the occasional pimple, but it looked like she never got any. Her skin also looked velvety soft and I had to hold back from wanting to caress her cheek to feel the softness for myself. I hadn’t noticed she had completed the question until she looked over at me and pointed to the paper. “Did I do it right?” She asked me, looking hopeful. I looked down at her paper and let a smile spread across my face. “Yes, yes you did! Good job,” I praised her, making her smile and eyes sparkle in happiness. With that she got back to work and didn’t say anything throughout the rest of class.

                        It was after school and Erica was nowhere to be seen – much to my disappointment – but I was standing with Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Lily, Hoya, and Sunggyu as we thought about what sort of thing we should do over the weekend. Lily had proposed the idea of all of us spending time together as a sort of way to celebrate the rare event of Erica accepting someone she didn’t know, but now we just couldn’t think of what that something would be.

                        “Aha!” Dongwoo shouted as he pointed his finger in the air, “a sleep over at our house!”

                        Everyone groaned except Lily who made a weird sound and clasped her hands together. “Oh Woo, that’s a wonderfully wonderful idea!” Lily had given every one of us a nickname, much to most of our displeasure, but it didn’t bother us too much, the nicknames were just… weird.

                        “We’ll have to invite everyone,” Lily continued as she took out her phone, “and as in ‘everyone’ I mean Anna and Juliea and Erica, of course!”

                        Everyone glanced at one another until it clicked in our heads that she was mentioning the two girls Erica had eaten lunch with on Wednesday. I saw Myungsoo smirk to no one in particular. I saw the way he was with Erica and it unnerved me that he might even be slightly attracted to her. I knew I was his closest friend, but I would fight for Erica, even if it meant going against someone I considered a brother.

                        “I’m cool with that,” Myungsoo said, everyone nodding in agreement.

                        “Great, I’ll let the girls know then,” Lily said as Dongwoo wrote down our address for her to give to the others. I hid my happiness as best as I could, but Myungsoo looked my way and we both made eye contact. I knew something was going to happen this weekend, something that I knew I wouldn’t like.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                        It was finally the weekend and I had it all planned out. I would stay up late tonight reading the book I’m currently ready, then I would sleep in on Saturday and spend the entire day watching cartoons in my pajamas, finally, on Sunday, I’ll call Woohyun to help me on my left over math questions and I might talk to him for a while. My weekend would be wonderful.

                        Speaking of Woohyun, I have to come to realise that he was creeping his way under my skin and into my heart the more I talked to him and got to know him, it was kind of frightening, but I seemed to welcome it nonetheless. I don’t think in all my years of living I have ever liked someone, but now that I thought more and more about it, Woohyun might be the very first person. I mean, he was sweet and caring, and he didn’t make fun of me when I made a mistake on a math question. Also, I tended to go on rambles about random things sometimes and he would always laugh with me and just listen to me. It was really nice to have someone like that, and I found myself getting more and more used to his company. Woohyun had a very special place in my heart and I had only known him for about a week and a bit. To me, that was amazing and I don’t think I would have it any other way.

                        However, I couldn’t avoid the topic of Myungsoo. I have a feeling he also got under my skin, but it was more by force than anything else. His company is unwelcomed, but whenever I looked at him and we made eye contact, or when I caught him looking at me and he would shyly look away, I seemed to swoon even though my head told me there was nothing to swoon about. Myungsoo was a troubling thing to think, or simply talk about because everything I felt for him was so new and confusing that I couldn’t put any of it into real words. He was just… something else. He made me feel all these raw emotions that I haven’t experienced before and it scared me, but also warmed me in a way. He had the power to annoy me one minute, but the next make me want to burst out laughing.

                        I honestly had to get my thoughts straightened out and quickly or else I’m locking myself away in my room. All this stuff was confusing and making my head hurt a ton. Did I like Woohyun, or Myungsoo? Which one did I want more? These things, I didn’t know and I’m somewhat scared of what the answers might be. I sighed and unlocked my front door, already tired and wanting to get to sleep.

                        The house was quiet but I knew my mom was probably in her room resting. She had just recently gotten laid off on one of her jobs and she’s been stressed to no end, and as a result she’s gotten herself sick so the bosses at her two other jobs gave her a week off to rest and regain her strength again. I hated it when my mom got sick, but what can you do, that’s just life.

                        I made my way upstairs and stayed in there for the rest of the evening.

                        I had been super lazy and was in a pair of plaid pajama pants with a baggy t-shirt and my hair in a high bun when my cell phone rang with Lily’s ringtone. Lily was smart enough to know that a Saturday was my day of staying at home and doing nothing, so her calling me must have meant that something was wrong.

                        “Hey Lily, what’s up?” I asked not bothering to hide the worry that was in my voice.

                        “What do you mean ‘what’s up?” She asked. In the background it sounded like she was walking and it made me even more curious. “I’m on my way to your house so we can head to Dongwoo’s house to spend the night.”

                        I had absolutely no idea what the heck she was talking about. Going to Dongwoo’s house? When in history of peanut butter was that arranged!?

                        “Did… Did I not tell you?” She asked sounding worried. Like hell you did!

                        “No, no you did not,” I replied sounding only slightly annoyed, “was I supposed to know?” I heard her let out a nervous laugh before replying, “ta-dah, surprise!” Yeah, that wasn’t going to work. “Look,” Lily said on the other side of the line, “Anna and Juliea are going to be there as am I so just it up, pack your overnight bag and I’ll be at your house in fifteen!” With that, she hung up. I stared at my phone in disbelief. Was this really happening? Was this real life or was I still in my bed sleeping? Oh sweet popcorn I wish it were the latter, but I knew it wasn’t. With a sigh, I headed upstairs. It isn’t like I’m going to leave those three girls alone with seven boys, oh no, I had to be there to kick some in case someone decided to be naughty.

                        When I reached the top of the stairs I made a left and knocked on my mom’s slightly open bedroom door. “Hey, mum,” I called, poking my head into the room. She looked up from her book to me and took off her reading glasses. “What can I do you for, my wonderful daughter?” She asked me with a smile. I smiled back, “mind if I spend the night with some friends? I know you’re sick so I can stay home if you want me to.” I said taking a step into the room. I slightly prayed that she would tell me that I had to be her nurse and make her soup so she could feel better; however, my hope was short lived. “Of course you can go,” she told me, looking happy, “go spend time with your friends, dear, I can hold down the fort!” I shook my head at my mom and smiled, “you sure?” I asked, making her shake her head. “No, you go be a teenager.” With that, she yelled at me to leave her ‘chamber’ and get my out of the house, so I did.

                        I took a quick shower and got dressed; packing an overnight bag and meeting Lily outside my house and together we made our way to Dongwoo’s house. I was surprised to find that everyone was already there, and that Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Dongwoo all lived in a house by themselves. The house was small with only three rooms, a moderate sized kitchen and living room with only one bathroom. I actually found it rather cozy considering my house was huge and mostly empty with only my mom and me.

                        When Lily and I dropped our stuff on the living room floor, we made our way to the kitchen where everyone seemed to be. Dongwoo looked over at me and smiled. “Hey! French fry,” he called, using the nickname I told him millions of times not to use, “glad you could make it!” Lily smiled in reply while I focused on the disaster waiting to happen.

                        Anna was placed in front of the stove with Sungyeol attempting to make a grilled cheese sandwich. Anna was almost the same height as me, just maybe an inch taller with short black hair and dark brown eyes framed with glasses. One thing you should know about her though, is that for one, she’s aggressive and isn’t scared to speak her mind or tell you off, and two, the only thing she could make was probably ice so having her use a stove was a catastrophe waiting to happen. I shook my head in disapproval when Anna went to flip the sandwich only to reveal a very burnt side.

                        “Wow, when you said you couldn’t cook, you weren’t kidding.” Myungsoo’s voice came from the small kitchen table in the corner of the room. He had a smirk on his face, but when he noticed me, he smiled ever so slightly. I waved slightly in his direction, saying hello to everyone before coming up next to Anna.

                        “Listen, Anna,” I said to her, making her look at me, “you leave it on one side for five minutes if you want the perfect crisp, I can’t cook either, but this is simple stuff!”

                        She let out a scoff and raised the spatula over her head. “Don’t make me hit you with this,” she said puffing out her chest and taking a step closer, “’cause you know I will!” I held up my hands in defense and stepped back, laughing.

                        The rest of the day was spent making new grilled cheese sandwiches, a ton of jokes and a bunch of arguing mostly between Dongwoo, Myungsoo, and I. Throughout the entire day though, I found Myungsoo constantly staring at me at any chance he got and when him and I locked gazes, he would smile at me and I would feel my own heart flutter involuntarily. I don’t know what he was doing to me, but he was screwing with my brain, I just haven’t figured out if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Sungjong had brought some movies over and we watched all ten of them. A few were horror and, aside from me getting scared half the time and cowering into Myungsoo’s side, we laughed at the comedy ones and ordered Chinese food for a late dinner.

                        It wasn’t until late at night when only Myungsoo and I were awake. Dongwoo had fallen asleep on the floor with Juliea resting her head on his stomach. This whole day they had seemed to have bonded and were great friends now, which was nice knowing there was someone Dongwoo couldn’t insult. Lilly was cuddled into Hoya’s side on the floor near where Dongwoo was snoring, and Sungyeol was asleep with half of Anna’s body thrown across him. I mean, this girl had an arm in his face, a leg over his stomach and it just looked like an uncomfortable position. Sunggyu had taken Dongwoo’s room and Woohyun had gone to his own room, and Sungjong lay asleep on the couch.

                        “Hey,” Myungsoo whispered across from me. We were seated at the kitchen table because there was no more room in the small living area for us anymore. “What?” I whispered back, rubbing one of my eyes. “Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?” He asked me raising an eyebrow, knowing that I was really tired. I shook my head, there was no way that I would sleep in a guy’s room, but when I told him this, he scoffed. “Oh please, I know you’re tired,” he said looking at me in an adorable way, “just take my bed, I’ll sleep on the floor.” “Uhm, no, I don’t think so,” I replied back, holding up one of my hands and leaning back in the chair.

                        The more I thought about how tired I was, the more the chair became uncomfortable and the more Myungsoo’s offer seemed like a good idea, but I knew what would happen if I went into his room. I wouldn’t want that kind of thing happening, no way.

                        “Please?” Myungsoo’s pleading voice spoke from the other side of the table, “the chair’s no place for a beautiful lady to sleep on.” At this, I rolled my eyes and shook my head. Was he really getting his flirt on right now? You have got to be kidding me. “Listen Myung, that isn’t going to happe-“ I wasn’t able to finish my sentence because at that moment, Myungsoo lifted me up over his shoulder and carried my down the hall to a bedroom.

                        “You can’t do this!” I yelled at him when he flicked the light on and dropped me down on his bed. I was about ready to yell his head off when I looked around the room, taking in the light grey walls, the small bookshelf stocked up with books, the spines dented so much that you knew they have been read several times. The desk was cluttered with papers and more books as well as a black laptop that lay closed and covered in more paper. There was a dresser across from the bed that had drawers overflowing with clothes and on top were several colognes and creams and a large mirror. The only other door in the room was the closet door that couldn’t close all the way probably due to more clothes. The bed that I now sat on was soft and my literally sank into the mattress that was covered in a plush blue comforter with matching sheets and pillowcases.

                        “You were saying?” Myungsoo’s voice broke my admiration of the room, making me look up at him. “This is your room?” I asked making a circle motion with my finger to indicate the entire room. “Well, yeah, why?” He asked looking worried for some reason. “No reason, Myung, I just wasn’t expecting this…” I trailed off as the softness of the bed over took my senses and I felt even more tired if that was possible. I really just wanted to lie in this bed that probably smelled like Myungsoo and drift off to dream land. Obviously that wasn’t going to happen because Myungsoo sat on the edge of the bed and smirked at me.

                        “What are you doing?” I asked as I stared at him, “I thought you said you would take the floor.” His smirk only grew as he shifted closer to me.

                        “You know,” he said staring at me in a way that made my heart throb in my chest and my cheeks to go a slight pink, even though he only said two words. “Having such a gorgeous female in my bed is making me-“ “And that’s where you stop!” I shouted not wanting to hear the end of that sentence. His voice was seductive enough and it was making my mind think things it shouldn’t ever think. “See, this was a bad idea, the kitchen table seems like a much safer thing.” I attempted to get up, but I couldn’t get far because Myungsoo towered over my small form and literally pinned me down, each hand holding one of my wrists to the bed.

                        This brought me back momentarily to that dream I had and the room suddenly became very hot again, and I could only hope that this was a dream too. But by the way the heat radiated from his body looming over mine and covering me, and the tingles from where he was touching my wrists made me realise this wasn’t much of a dream at all. I attempted to wiggle out of his grasp but to no avail, it only seemed to make Myungsoo smirk that seductive smirk of his and lean closer to me.

                        Honestly, in my defense, I couldn’t hit the man even if I wanted to, and I really wanted to, but by the look in his eyes and how they gazed down at me with care despite my current hostage situation, I knew I didn’t have it in me to hit him. And as he leaned ever so slowly down towards me, our gazes still locked, I knew I was fighting a losing battle, and I knew, just like I had in my dream, I would give in to this man.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Note~

Gah, I just... ohmygerbils. My fingers hurt ):

So, thank you everyone that is reading this story, and i would like to say, that much to my semi-displeasure, the next chapter will be a chapter, but it's an optional read, so you don't have to read it if you aren't comfortable with it, however, if any of you are like me, or my friend reading this story, you won't skip it. It will be a whole chapter dedicated to . You can't resist. 

But, if you don't want to read it, fine by me, it will be explained in a non dirty way in the chapter after that so you won't have to feel left out <3

Also, i'm hoping to get the chapter up tomorrow at some point, then after a few hours, I'll most likely post the following chapter after it. I'm not sure about that exact time, but I'd like for them to be on the same day. Depends on school work :/

So i know this authors note is long, so I'll leave it here, commet on what you think so far, your opinion is honestly really important to me and it feels like i'm writing to empty space .-. 

Well, until the next update~

Ole!