Chapter 9 – The outcome

"Within Our Hearts"

The title of the movie is “Within Our Hearts”.  The script is very challenging characters and matured for Kim and Gerald.  In the middle of the movie, they will have to travel in California for 2 weeks.  Kim was somewhat excited but don’t know what the outcome will be between the two of them.  

Maja: What do you think about the movie?

Kim: I really don’t know what to think but I will go with the flow.  I have to keep in mind that I’m only doing this for the fans.  I guess I really owe it to them and I am sure Gerald feels the same way.

Maja: Have you talked to Gerald about it personally? I suggest you meet up with Gerald about this thing you guys are doing so there will be no awkwardness while filming.  Besides, you should lay down the rules for both of you without any pretenses especially about how you guys feel for each other.

Kim: Feelings for each other? I think that is done and over with, don’t you think?  I know Gerald, he for one isn’t looking back. I’m not.

Maja: Yes, we all know who the strong one of the two.  Kim, I know deep down there is unfinished business between the two of you.  I didn’t want to tell you this but when Gerald left, he was truly crushed.  He almost gave up all this and didn’t want to be around us people.  It took him awhile to come around until he met Cindy.  Do you even want to know what kind of a doctor Cindy is? She is his psychiatrist.

Kim: shocked! No I didn’t know that.

Maja: Sometimes Kim, you really have to look around your surrounding and see what people feel sometimes. Everyone knows you are gentle, caring and nice person. But what they don’t know is how I think you are so tapered at times.  Gerald grew tired of you being selfish when it came to your relationship. That is the reason why….

Kim: she interrupted before she could say the reason. I know, I know.  I realized that now and I am really trying to do what is right.

Maja: You have a lot going for you. But I think this the time, you have to do something for what it’s due long time ago.

 Kim decided to invite Gerald for dinner a week before they start filming. She figure, Maja was right about making this “thing” straight once and for all.  She feels nervous about it but she has to do it.  Kim thought Gerald will understand what she’s about to say and propose. 

 Door bell rang:

Kim: Thanks for coming, Ge!

Gerald: I’m glad you invited me.

Kim: Come on in, I’m just setting up the table.

Gerald: Can I help?

Kim: Okay, sure.

Gerald: Something smells good. You finally used the kitchen ware I gave you.

Kim: Yeah, in the states, I had to learn how to cook for myself which is a good thing.

Gerald: what are we having?

Kim: Spaghetti, okay with you?

Gerald: Great, love it.

Kim: made some pot roast as well and salad is in the fridge if you don’t mind grabbing it.

Gerald: not at all. You want me to take out red wine.

Kim: Oh yes, definitely.

The conversation was casual as always. They talked about their business and how excited they were to do a movie once again.  When they were cleaning the kitchen together, Kim felt like they were living together and married.  She actually missed being around Gerald.  She intently looked at Gerald as he was clearing and wiping the table.  There is some inept feelings between the two.  Gerald looked back at Kim and noticed that she was staring at him.  Suddenly Kim blurted to Gerald, “did you ever get tired of me when we were always together then”? Gerald immediately said, “No”! Somehow, Gerald was taken aback on Kim’s question.

 Ge:  After five years knowing each other, that was never in my mind. I grew up with you Kim. Being with you was quite a learning experiences, I learned new things from you everyday when we were together.  I was anxious to know more about you everyday when I see you.

Kim: her heart sank

Ge: When you told me you were leaving for the state to study and it will take four years, I thought, what will I do without you?  At the time, our relationship was already on a downfall.  It was my fault and I can’t forgive myself for that.

Kim: Ge, please, let us not go through this again.

Ge: I’m sorry Kim.  Okay, I will stop but I want to let you know one thing.

Kim: Yes.

Ge: I really missed you.

Kim: her eyes fixedly at Gerald’s eye. “I missed you too”, as she turned around and began to start washing.

Ge: he came to her and hugged her from behind. You just don’t know how much I missed hugging you.

Kim: Ge, please!

Ge: I’m sorry.

Kim: Look Ge, what we had is over. You and I both know that.  I wanted you here so we can talk about how we should approach working together again.  I mean, you know a lot of people will presumably think that you and I are back with each other. Besides, I don’t want your girlfriend to think otherwise.

Ge: So Kim, you are telling me what to do and what not to do around you and other people.

Kim: Its not that I’m telling you what to do

Ge: Oh so, now you are also going to tell me how and what I should feel around you also.

Kim: Ge?!

Ge: No Kim, I have to put my foot down this time.  Within those 5 years we were together, you always tell me to hang on and lets wait awhile until the right time comes for us to be a couple. I went along with you and trusted you but you still fooled me by leading me on.  I’m sorry Kim, when is the right time? Why is it that you gave everything in your life a chance and not once did you give me a chance?

Kim: Ge, please!?

Ge: grabbed his jacket and stormed out.   By the way Kim, Cindy and I aren’t a couple anymore.

Gerald left and Kim couldn’t help but cry.  “He was right”, she thought.  “Why is it that I gave everything a chance and not him?” “What am I scared of?” Fear isn’t a reality – it’s only a thought in your mind.