Chapter 11 – Experience

"Within Our Hearts"

 

As soon as Kim and Gerald saw each other on the set the next day, they both said hello to each. They both smiled, enjoyed each other’s company like no care in the world.  They even had lunch together.  Many people were astonished about their new found attitude.  Derek Jose was quite amused. 

The day ended in the late hour of the night and Derek told everyone to take the weekend off and resume filming on Monday.  It was Friday after all and he was tired as well after being on the set from M-F, 10-midnight.  Everyone gathered all their stuff and gave each other hugs and kisses as they exited the set.  Kim was still putting away stuff in her duffle bag when Gerald walked in her tent.

Ge: Kim, you still here?

Kim: yeah, I have so much crap that I have to take home so I can clean it up and wash it.

Ge: here, let me help you.

Kim: its okay Ge, I think I got it covered.

Ge: are you sure?

Kim: sure, my driver is waiting so I should get going.

Ge: Kim, I was wondering if we can grab a bite to eat before heading home.

Kim: Hmm, honestly my stomach is growling.

Ge: LOL! shomai, okay with you?

Kim: I’m definitely in.

Ge: give all that stuff to your drive and tell him I will take him home.

Kim: I’m not imposing?

Ge: Not at all.

Kim gave way to her driver to go home and she rushed into Gerald’s vehicle and drove off.  Kim couldn’t contain herself of asking Gerald what had happened to him and Cindy.

Gerald gave a simple answer and just said it didn’t work out.  She was too busy and I was too, Gerald said.  She found out also they were only going out for 8 months.  Gerald asked if she had any boyfriends while she was away and told him that she didn’t have time for a relationship. She was too busy studying and finishing her school, she told him.

Their conversation wasn’t terribly new but enough to keep in check where they really are.

It was pass 1am when they finished eating and Gerald took Kimmy home.  They both felt exhausted but they talked all night about their passed experience and anxious to know what the future holds.  Quite memorable day, they both thought.  No animosity and awkwardness for once.  They felt good that night.  Gerald walked Kim to her door and Gerald was about to give Kim a hug but faltered.  As he was walking back to his car, Kim called out to Gerald and said, “Drive safely, Ge.” “Good night and sweet dreams, Kimmy.”