Chapter 1 – New Start

"Within Our Hearts"

 

“I did everything for you and never did you once acknowledge the love I have for you”.  That lingering words from Gerald was an ultimate heart wrenching, Kim thought.  As Kim nonchalantly packing her suitcase, going back to Pinas seems to be so daunting. 

Kim doesn’t want to face all the people she left behind but she must go home and start over after finishing up her business schooling in the states.  Nonetheless, after everything that happened between Gerald and her after 4 years ago, facing him will be an overwhelming experience.  Kim is hoping not see him anymore but in the so called “showbiz business”, not meeting will be somewhat inevitable.

 “Its 2014, I’m 24, coming home and fresh new start. Let me start this time around with the right attitude, perspective and hopefully a new found love”, as Kim wrote on her diary. She’s all set, life is good and Chiu family is well and grounded.  All she needs to take care of is herself and her business she thought. 

She gathered all her things as soon as they landed.  Everything will be like new to her.  Four years of absence is quite encouraging.  “I must do this”!  Fight, the fight, Kim said.  “Here we go”.  As she exited the airport, she saw all her siblings not to mention all the reporters and cameras surrounding her.  She is still a celebrity after all, she thought.

 “Wow, she still looks beautiful”, Gerald thought upon seeing her on TV Patrol.  It has been 4 years and that old feelings for Kim came back to haunt him.  Although it feels weird seeing Kim’s face again on TV, Gerald must go on and live his life without Kim.  Cell phone buzzing, “Hi babe, are you ready to meet up?”  Gerald felt a bit unease as he answered the call from her recent girlfriend.  “Sure, I’ll meet you in 30 minutes at our regular place, bye babe.” Gerald hangs up and looked on the TV screen once more and grabbed his jacket and left.