Chapter 2 – Setting Priorities

"Within Our Hearts"

Kim’s cell phone was off the hook ever since she got off from the plane. Maja, Angelica, Jake, Melissa, her old manager Mr. M were all calling her.   She decided as soon as she comes back home, she won’t go to full time acting but part time only.  She didn’t want the old thing back but limited to an extent of her personal life be just personal. 

 Mr. M, “Hi Kim, welcome back”!  “Hello Mr. M, thank you, how are you?” Kim shouted.  The conversation between Mr. M and Kim were quite long that as soon as Kim hung up, she felt exhausted.  “What did Mr. M say, Lakam asked?”  Kim answered, “Nothing much but telling me that he has a lot of projects for me all lined up.” “Mr. M knows my situation but we both decided that it will be good to do just 1 movie and 1 teleserye.” “I will be doing a teleserye part time so that will be a good start.” “Do you know who you will be pairing up with?” Lakam asked anxiously. 

“Nope, that will be decided later on, Kim said.” Gerald never once came to her mind until she saw an old poster of them two, I’ve Fallen For You.

 

Old memories came to haunt Kim.  Flashback: Gerald was there for her every single time she needed him.  He was so good to her and yet, it wasn’t good enough for her to really give herself everything to him.  He wanted so much more, he did everything a “boyfriend” could do for a “girlfriend” but Kim was determined. She was afraid to take a chance of falling deeply in love with him. 

There could be so many reasons why Kim didn’t want an official relationship with Gerald but one thing she will never forget is that one last night together in New York. Friends keep telling her in order to grow in oneself is to take a chance in life and be strong no matter what.  But falling deeply in love with Gerald is different.  They did everything together except going all the way.  They were a couple but didn’t officially state publicly.  “What you see, is what you get,” Gerald once said.