Chapter - 19 - The aftermath

"Within Our Hearts"

“Where’s Gerald?” Derek Ruel asked.  “Call Gerald and find out what’s holding him up”.  He was informed 10 minutes later that he’s nowhere to be found. After what happened that night, Gerald has been absent from the set of “49 Days without you” teleserye for almost a week.  Kim on the other hand, went home to Cebu and left everything behind in Manila without any notice.

Newspapers and TV were buzzing with horrible assumptions without any truth behind Kim and Gerald’s dilemma. Kim was in her bedroom when Lakam came in and asked her, “is this what you really want to do with your life?”

Kim: Ate, I really don’t know what to think anymore.  I don’t want to be hurt anymore, this thing I’m feeling, really hurts.

Lakam: Kim, nobody says that life will be easy. We only have one short life to live, why do we look a problem with terribly insignificant and petty.

Kim: Petty, Ate, that wasn’t just petty?  Gerald cheated on me again.  He promised me.

Lakam: Gerald didn’t cheat on you once or twice.  You guys weren’t in a relationship at all.  Kim, you are childish when it comes to owning up to your own feelings. Gerald has a good heart and intentions who did everything he could to make you love him.  I never told you this but since PBB, I was never worried about you when you were with Gerald.  I trusted him and he calls me with an update about what you guys were doing.  He truly loves you.  Gerald was and still is really committed to you. Kim, do you love Gerald? I mean love him not as a friend but a lover?

Kim: I do. (cellphone rang)

Lakam: Aren’t you going to answer it?  Who is it?

Kim: Sara?! (Kim picked up the phone and as soon as she hung up, she lamented and  hurried to her car.)

Lakam: What happened?

Kim: I’ll explain later, I need to get to Gerald soon and I hope I am not too late.

“Calling all passengers bound to Los Angeles, Flight 143 is now boarding.” Nothing seems to be real anymore.  Gerald wanted to leave Philippines and not come back in any circumstances.  There’s nothing to come back to and he did everything he could.  Gerald decided to give up on his career and start a new life in the states. 

Kim is ten minutes away from the airport and really antsy about getting to Gerald on time.  Mommy Vangie told her where he was and where he is going. She couldn’t wait any longer so she left her car in the middle of the road. She ran towards the terminal where he was to be boarded but he was nowhere in sight.  Was she too late?  No, Kim will not give up and determine to find him.  She went to an attendant and asked if Gerald Anderson boarded the plane already and was told…..