Chapter 15 – Promises

"Within Our Hearts"

Kim arrived in New York safely.  She was excited to see New York so she can see her old friends as well.  Nothing is going to spoil her visit, she said.  I will enjoy this trip because it will take some time to come back after leaving from here.  

Kim’s room was only two doors down from Gerald.  They ate breakfast together and were mingling with the staff until filming starts.  They really worked hard all week.  Derek decided they should have some down time before shooting for the next 4 days.

Kim met up with her old friends from school.  Gerald tagged along with her most of the time and Kim showed Gerald where she went to school.  Gerald was quite impressed and was never bored while he was with her.  She took him to her favorite places to eat and hung out at her favorite lounge where students studied and mingled.

Friday afternoon, the crew decided to have a picnic party at the Grand Central Park because Sunday will be heading home to Pinas.  It was a beautiful summer day in New York, crowded and full of fun.  While the others played Frisbee, volleyball and basketball, Kim was listening to her ipod while she lay down on the blanket.  After playing basketball, Gerald came over to Kim and asked if she wouldn’t mind having dinner later.  Kim agreed without hesitation.

Gerald stunned when Kim opened her door to pick her up.  Beautiful as ever, wearing a nice light blue dress and well groomed hair.  Kim blushed a bit when Gerald looked stunned and staring at her.  

Kim: Hoy Ge, like you never saw me with a dress before.
Ge: Oh, sorry I didn’t mean to stare.
Kim: Are we good to go?
Ge: Yes, definitely, let’s go!
Kim: where are we going?
Ge: Well since the last time we didn’t get a chance to eat at Serendipity, I figure the second time around shouldn’t be a problem.
Kim: Okay, I’m game.
Ge: Good, I am hungry.
Kim: Yeah, me too.

When they arrived at the restaurant, they placed them in a private room with a hint of a romantic aura. Kim was impressed and found herself a bit vulnerable.  The conversation was good and the food was good.  They decided to have ice cream at Grand Central Park for some dessert. Beautiful night, weather was just perfect and couldn’t have it any other way to feel romantic.

Ge:  Are you good?
Kim: yes, I’m fine thank you.
Ge: Can I ask you something Kim?
Kim: looking at him intently. Yes Gerald?!
Ge:  Do you think we can start over?  Do you really think you can give me another chance to be your friend?
Kim: dumbfounded! Why would you ask me that when we are still friends.
Ge: Do you think we can be the way we used to?
Kim: Gerald, you and I have grown apart and we matured as well. We can be friends and our friendships will always be there no matter what. As far as being more than friends, I don’t think I can take that chance anymore.  
Gerald:  Kim, you never gave me a chance to be more than just a friend to you.  We were close but never did you tell me you wanted me to be your boyfriend even though I kept asking you to be official with me.  Please Kim, I really want to take this to another level.  I will do anything you want and wish whatever you want from me, I will do it.  I will not care what other people think or say. I know I’ve hurt you and I want to make it up to you.  I don’t want to see you get hurt again nor cry anymore.  Kim….
Kim: yes
Gerald: I love you!  I never stopped loving you and never will.
Kim: Ge, I don’t know what to say.  Can I say that I will think about it?
Ge: Perfect, I will wait patiently for your answer.  I promise you Kim that I will always be here for you no matter what. Can I get a hug?
Kim and Gerald ended that night full of promises.  Before heading to the airport, Kim and Gerald went to church and prayed for each other.  They seemed sincere of making this relationship right.