Chapter 8 – Decisions

"Within Our Hearts"

Tuesday morning, she is due for a meeting with the ABS-CBN regarding her future film and teleserye.   Kim was in a hurry so she can stop by to her restaurant and see how it is coming along.  Driving down to ABS-CBN, somehow she felt proud about herself how she accomplished so many things in life and how God blessed her with many things.

While waiting for the elevator, she bumped in to Gerald.  They didn’t really say much but rode the elevator up in silence.  Kim had a suspicion that the meeting will be about Kimerald.  Gerald on the other hand, didn’t think anything of it.  He was just there to meet with his manager about his current teleserye.  As they got off the elevator, they both glanced and smiled at each other.

Mr. M: Kim, how are you?

Kim: doing fine, what’s the agenda?

Mr. M: Wow kiddo, you don’t play around anymore. I like that.

Kim:  I’ve matured, Mr. M, she smiled at him playfully.

Mr. M: okay, lets get right to it and go to the conference room and I will be there in a minute.

Kim: Yes, sir.

As they were seated and chatting, Mr. M walked in and saw Gerald with him.  Kim frantically said to herself, “I knew it.”

Mr. M: Ok guys, let’s go for a crunch time and I ‘m not about to go beat around the bush about it.  I really am glad that you are back, Kim.  A lot of people misses you especially the fans, four years of absence is a long time. 

Kim: Thanks everyone, I missed everyone as well.

Mr. M:  Since you left Kim, the fans, especially the Kimerald fans were hounding us about how it is our fault that you left.  They were mean about it and they actually succeeded by not supporting Gerald in any of the ABS-CBN production.  The rating plummeted. I know we talked about you working full time Kim.  However, under this circumstance, I would like you to consider doing one movie and teleserye with Gerald.

Kim & Ge: What?!

Everyone in the room was quite shocked with disbelief. Everyone knew that one of the reasons why Kim left is because they didn’t want Kimerald to be together anymore. 

Mr. M: I know it is my fault why Kim and Gerald ended the way it did.  As a father figure in this business, I should’ve sympathized and understood what was happening.  I was quite selfish and I am standing here now in front of you, I am sorry.  I am not only saying this for the ratings but I really did like the tandem between Gerald and Kim but I just didn’t want them to end up like Sharon and Gabby.

Everyone was in awe, jaw dropping when they heard this coming from Mr. M.  Kim and Gerald somehow relieved upon hearing this.  Although this does not mean that everything will go back to what it was before.  Kim was teary but looked away as Mr. M was making a speech.  Gerald on the other hand was staring at Kim. 

 Mr. M: so without further a do, go ahead, let him in.  The door swung open and Direct Jose Javier Reyes came in. 

JJR: Kim?!

Kim: she ran to him and gave him a big hug.

JJR: You are still beautiful as ever

Kim: Thank you po

JJR: gave a grip on Gerald’s shoulder.

Mr. M: Okay, he is going to do a movie once again with Kim and Gerald and other supporting casts will be decided later.

Kim:  I’m sorry but I don’t want to sound mean but do I really need to do this movie with Gerald?

Everyone was floored when Kim said that and Gerald was almost in tears but held it.  He understands where Kim was coming from and he doesn’t blame her for it.  But he felt like a daggered penetrated in heart without remorse.

Mr. M: What do you mean by that?  We are doing this for your fans.  Depending on the outcome of this movie, who knows, there will never be another movie between the two of you.  Please Kim, consider it.