Chapter 18 – Discovery

"Within Our Hearts"

Kim decided to have a party at her house introducing her new line of clothing.  She was so excited, so much energy that when Gerald entered her house that early afternoon, she went up to him and gave him huge embrace and kiss on a cheek.  Gerald didn’t mind at all, actually he wanted more.

Ge: Wow Kim, can you do that again?

Kim: Ha, I don’t think so, maybe later.

Ge: Okay, I will remind you.

Kim: Did you pick up the stuff for me?

Ge: Yes dear

Kim: I’m all keyed up for this event tonight.  I hope nothing bad happens tonight.

Ge: Don’t worry, everything will be great. Everyone is coming?

Kim: Yes, and more that isn’t on the list

Ge: Dang, I guess you are a big shot now ha?

Kim: It’s all about hard work.

Ge: I’m proud of you. By the way, Fred will be coming in with his kids tonight.

Kim: Yes I know. I can’t wait to see them.  I can’t believe he works and live in Manila and his family in Cebu.  If I have a family, I wouldn’t want to be apart from them.

Ge:  That’s good to know. He didn’t tell you? He is moving his family down here in a month.  He saved enough money to buy a house to accommodate the whole family

Kim: Good to hear that.  I’m glad.

As the sun has set, people were coming in for the party one by one.  All her girlfriends were there to support her and mommy Vangie arrived as well.  Her friends from PBB came after all and couldn’t be happier.  She felt good that night until a delivery guy came and wanted Kim’s signature.

Guy: Can you please sign here?

Kim: Hmm, I wonder what’s this for?

Guy: Thank you and have a good night.

Kim: Thanks, you too

Ge: What’s that?

Kim: I don’t know

Vangie: Oh son, can you help with the sodas

Ge: Hold on Kim, I will be right back

Kim didn’t open the envelope but left it in her office and shut the door behind her.  “I’m sure it’s not that important.”

Before making an announcement, Kim went back to her office and grabbed her notes.  There she saw the envelope that arrived earlier.  She opened it thinking that maybe it will benefit somehow with her speech.  Slowly opening the envelope, the image before her was incredible.  She felt so weak, numb and felt this sharp points in her heart.  Gerald came in and said, “Kim, they are all waiting for you.” She looked at Gerald motionless with uncertainty.  Gerald, grabbed what she was holding and outraged upon seeing the photos.  “Kim, let me explain.” “Gerald, I don’t want to make this harder for us than already is so let’s just get through this night and we’ll talk later”. Gerald couldn’t say anything but felt like the world was crushing through.

Kim stood on the stage like she was traumatized and couldn’t talk at all. When Maja found out what had happened from Gerald, she went up on the stage and took over while Kim ran out crying.  Everyone was buzzing and wondering what had happened.  Kim went up to her room and locked the door.  Gerald was by the front door of her room, explaining to her what had happened that night with Sara and begged her to open the door. He was begging for forgiveness, begging and begging. He professed his love for Kim and told her over and over that he didn’t mean to hurt her and how much he loves her.  But Kim wouldn’t budge.  She went to sleep crying.