Chapter 12 – New day

"Within Our Hearts"

Gerald, wake up son?! Are you awake? Vangie cooked breakfast very early and her son was still asleep after walking the dog in the neighborhood.  “Did you have a late night?” “What time is it, mom?” “It's pass 10:30am, son”. Gerald took a quick shower and dashed down to the kitchen right after grooming himself.  He wasn’t really hungry but elated about what happened last night.  He didn’t share it to his mom because he didn’t want to jinx it so he stayed quiet the whole time and talked about his brother to his mom instead.

Afternoon came and Kim was still at home cleaning her closet. She heard a knock on the door and it was her sister Lakam.  “What are you doing, Kim?”  Nothing ate she said. “How’s the movie going so far and not mention you and Gerald?”  “Movie is going great and Ge and I are doing fine.” 

Lakam:  I was just watching SNN earlier and found out that you and Ge are dating again.

Kim: How’s that?

Lakam: Here, let me show you a pic.

Kim:  Oh yes, off course that was last night.

Lakam: off course?

Kim: Ate, its nothing. He and I went out for a late snack

Lakam: Really, I’m totally digging this new attitude from you

Kim: I have to. Life is too short to be straining a Nat and swallowing a camel. 

Lakam: Ha?

Kim biked around her neighborhood, savoring the sun and how beautiful the day was.  She didn’t give much thought about Gerald but just wondered “what could have been”.

As she was passing the guard post at her complex, surprisingly a car was honking at her.  She didn’t really notice who it was but when a head peaked out of the car, it was Simon A.

She and Simon were never properly introduced but just a text mate.  Didn’t really know him until she looked him up on Google, and honestly, she wasn’t really attractive to him.  Many guys were linked to her but nothing really gave a jump in her heart. 

Simon: Hi Kim

Kim: Simon?

Simon:  I called your cell phone but no answer

Kim: Sorry, left the phone at home (doh)

Simon: No problem, I was wondering if you and I can have lunch

Kim: Wow, aren’t you aggressive?  Good thing you caught me in a good mood. Ok, meet me at home and will go from there.

Simon: right back at cha.

Kim wasn’t really amused by his attitude but gave him a chance anyway.  She changed her shoes and grabbed her purse and sweater before heading out.  Phone rang!  “Hello?”

“Hi Kim, I’m in the neighborhood and thought I would drop by”, Gerald said. “Oh Ge, I’m going out to lunch with Simon”. Gerald didn’t say a word just said, “Okay, have fun”. Kim, “see you”.

After hanging up with Kim, he felt sick to his stomach finding out Kim will be out with Simon.  Gerald though held his emotions and told himself to chill and not to worry.  He can’t picture Kim with any other guys somehow.  She dated a couple of them before leaving for the state and didn’t bother him then, why now?