Chapter 20 - The New Beginning

"Within Our Hearts"

Maja: Are you ready Kim?

Kim: I think I am, how do I look?

Maja: You look beautiful as always.  You got everything?  Let me do my checklist. Okay, everything’s good.  I can’t believe after 8 years, we are finally here.  Have you heard anything from him since then?

Kim: Yeah, he said he is doing well and I shouldn’t worry about him anymore after today.

Empress: Wow, you look dashing Kim!  Everyone is downstairs and waiting.  I saw Simon with a big grin on his face.

Maja: He should be, it was meant to be.

Kim walked down the isle by her father.  She didn’t falter, nor have second thoughts about marrying him.  She never felt so happy in her life.  He proposed to her in the basketball court.  After making a three-pointer, balloons emerged from the basket and at the end of the string was a dangling engagement ring.  All the audience were practically touched and cried when he got on his one knee and proposed.  It was so romantic.

As Kim saw his handsome face waiting by the altar, tears went running down her face.  She couldn’t’ believe this day has come. There were so many obstacles and relays but nothing deter their love within their heart. Was this really meant to be or destiny that was long ago written on the stars?

“I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride”, the priest beamed. The people in the church were roaring with glee and couldn’t be happier for both of them.  The priest once again aired, “Let us all welcome the newlywed, MR. & MRS. GERALD ANDERSON”. As soon as the ceremony ended and came out of the church, million of fans, Kimerald fans were shouting and cried with joy.  It was like William and Kate’s wedding that no other wedding celebrity can top in Philippine history. 

 

“And as they say: They live happily ever after!”