XXVIII

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

Everybody gazes at me as I walk down the hallway. They’re stunned by my beauty. This is it. This is the start of something new. The start of being a new me, the revenge. I’m wearing dark clothes and don’t forget the eyeliner.

 

-

It’s English class and Ms. Insgram is teaching like crazy. I do understand English but what the heck, this is so boring. I am nervous about the plan. Hoping I won’t make a mess. Feelings mess up everything. I know that.

 

“Can you get the dictionary and textbooks at the English center?” Ms. Insgram asks Luhan to get those stuff.  Seohyun! You need to focus.

 

“Seohyun, help him.” Ms. Insgram continued and winked at me acting like a teen. What the ef? Oh no, Seohyun, act normal. Don’t show any signs, stay lowkey. Let him assume.

 

We went outside the class room and he started talking to me in an awkward manner.

 

“Hey, I really am sorry for what I did. I just want you to hear me out.” He says as he look at me. Those eyes that sparkle, that baby face of his. Oh. My. God.

 

“What for?” I asked, smiling.

“For hurting you. For toying with your feelings. I regret everything, I swear!”

I chuckled. “You don’t have to be sorry. There was never an us, right?”

 

I continued walking and leaving him behind. I made my way to the English center and find the books.

 

“Where are those books, eh?” I brushed my hair out of frustration. I can’t find it!

“Here they are.” Luhan said holding the books. They’re full of dust like is this an ancient book or something?

 

He gave me these lighter books and he carry the heavy ones. We’re going back to the classroom when suddenly, I feel ankle pain. No Seohyun, make him see that you’re stronger now.

 

“Ahhh!” I shriek as I fell down. The books scattered on the floor. Luhan came running to me.

“Are you okay?” he asks as he reaches his hand to me.

“I’m okay.” I ignored his hand and tried my best to stand up. But it cant be helped. I really cant.

“You’re lying.”

“Coming from you?” I glared at him.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I won’t say anything but lemme help you.” He says.

 

He carried me to the nearest bench then he picked up the books and give it to Ms. Insgram real quick. After a few minutes, he came back, panting.

 

“I’ll bring you to the clinic.”

 

-

At the clinic, the nurse gave me the medications and told me to stop wearing uncomfortable kicks.

 

Luhan is sitting beside me. “You should stop wearing heels. What’s with the transformation?” he asked.

“It’s none of your business.” I tsk-ed.

“You’re my business.” He replied with a smirk on his face.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He smiled and continued. “Okay but seriously! You should stop wearing these.” He raises the shoes.

“Don’t act like we’re friends.” I said, staring at the ground.

“We’re not friends and I don’t wanna be friends with you either.”

 

Wow, just wow.

 

“Because… I want us to be a couple.”

 

Shoot.

 

“Stop your nonsense jokes, will you? Because I am tired of this .”

“I am not giving up. Mark my words.”

 

An awkward silence passed by.

 

“Wait here and I’ll buy you a ramen. The biggest one! Remember? You ordered that before.”

 

Stop bringing those things up, stupid.

 

“Ok, I’ll come back really quick.” He bade goodbye and went out of the clinic. Why is he acting like this? It’s not funny. It hurts. It’s like, someone’s pinching my heart and tearing it to pieces. Luhan, why are you like this? Seohyun, back to the plan.

 

--

I went out of the clinic, ignoring the ankle pain. You know what hurts the most? It is my heart. I left a note saying I’m on the rooftop.

 

Ten minutes later, I received a text message from Luhan.

 

“Where are you? You aren’t here. T^T”

Hahaha, suffer .

 

“I can’t wait for you so I decided to go back to the classroom.” Message sent.

 

Hehehe, this is so exciting knowing Luhan is a short-tempered person.  I went back to the class room and picked up my belongings. I excused myself and Ms. Insgram gave her consent.

 

I am now on the bus, going home. Luhan texted me asking where I am. I’ll text him later when I got home.

 

--

“You’re early today, honey.” Mom kissed my cheeks and noticed that I have bandage on my ankle. 

“What happened?”

“Uhhh, because of the heels, mum.” I sat on the sofa and unlock my cellphone.

 

“I’m on the bus stop, going home.”

 

Message sent.

 

--

An hour passed by and still, I didn’t get any reply from him. I told you, Seohyun. He’s playing around AGAIN. Half of me is frustrated and half of me is mad as hell.

 

Before I make it to my room, the doorbell rung. Mum opened the door and you won’t believe me. It’s Luhan. He’s covered with sweat. Hot as hell. Okay, no. His shirt is wet and so as his hair. He’s holding cup noodles and  bouquet of flowers.

 

“Hello there, Seohyun’s suitor. Long time no see.” Mom chuckled.

“Mom!!!” I shouted. “What are you doing here? Did I tell you to come here?” I asked, raising a brow.

“I…went… to the bus stop… and you’re not there so I thought you’re home already so… I went here and I’m sorry… the ramen isn’t hot enough so I bought cup noodles instead… sorry for the withered flowers. I came here running so I’m sorry for the sweat..” he breathes between his words. He’s really exhausted.

“That’s so sweet. Come inside.” Mum said and left while making the ‘what-are-you-doing? Help-him’ stare.

 

I went downstairs and get the flowers while he sat down on the sofa in the living room.

“You don’t have to do this.” I said as I put the flowers in the vase on the table.

“Humidity destroyed the flowers…” he said.

“Why are you doing this? Why won’t you just give up?”

“Look at those flowers. They’re a little bit withered and destroyed but water can help them to survive. They won’t give up easily… just like me. I won’t give up, nerd.” He holds my hand and stare at my eyes.

 

“I’m not ready to give up. And I will never give up. I promise. I want you back. I won’t stop loving you even if it kills me.”

 

Shoot. My face is turning red. Is this really happening? Ground, please swallow me up! This is embarrassing!

 

Hey guys, the story is getting longer than I expected. Should I make it as a sequel or should I keep on adding chapter. You know what Im sayin? //the struggle is real// Who do you want to be in the end? SEOHAN or SEOKRIS? COMMENT BELOW. Love, xoxo.