XXI

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

Third day of recollection. Last day. Teachers told us to enjoy the day and have fun. We will not be doing any activities because of the weather. They also allowed us to go to the mall or to the hot tub and I am looking forward to it!

 

I’m making my way to the hot tub and saw Yonghwa sitting on the pavement outside; not bothered by the weather.

 

“What’s wrong?” I sit beside him. “What do you mean? There’s nothing wrong with me.” He replies as he rub his nose.

“You’ll catch a cold though. Wait, you’re so distant to me. You don’t have enough time to share stories or what was the feeling of being the leader; being busy and stuff...” Snow’s having its way on earth. Wind’s getting colder and stronger.

“I had to arrange things, you know...”

I snort “I don’t know!”

“Why are you shouting?” he asks as wrinkles form in his forehead. “I am not shouting! I am mad. I’m your best friend ever since we’re kids and now you don’t have time to say a word to me or tell me what’s happening to you.”

“You know what? I have my own life. I am fixing a mess so please stop nagging me! You sound like my grandmother.” He yells.

“And you sound like a little kid.” I say and stand up and walk away. I don’t know what’s happening to him. I am only concerned. As a friend or ‘best friend’, I should keep my eyes on him and he should ask me advices about what’s happening. I don’t get him!

--

The public hot tub is open and it is huge. I took my boots and socks off and also my coat. Sitting in the tub is so refreshing. The water is warm, the sound of water and giggles are like the background music. And for a moment, I find happiness.

 

I look at the other side of the tub and there’s Luhan. His eyes are closed and just like me, he’s sitting and enjoying the moment.

 

 

“Hey.” I say as I poke his arm.

He opens his eyes and got shocked. “What are you doing here?”

“Just a friendly reminder, my friend, this is a PUBLIC hot tub. P.U.B.L.I.C.” I say. Public tub is a nice way to befriends with people.

“Do you remember the time when you and Kris had a date and I came barging in with Hayley—“

“It’s Hunnie not Hayley!” He doesn’t have to bring this up, it was embarrassing!

“Oh well, it is almost the same. You know what I felt? I felt jealousy. It is like you’re turning your back from me.”

“What? What do you mean?” I ask and I don’t even get his point!

“I was real jealous!” he says as he leans forward. He brushes my hair and put some hair strands behind my ears. He leans forward and he kissed me. I don’t know what to feel! I feel so embarrass and also excited. What’s happening? Am I dreaming? And I am embarrass to say this but, I kissed him back.

He pulled away and says “You ate beef for lunch.”

“What... Is it hanging in my braces?” I ask as I cover my mouth; ashamed. “No, I tasted it.” He says and gets out on the tub to dry himself.

 

It is almost 5 p.m. and we should be in our bus at 6:30 p.m. I get up and dry myself with my towel. The wind hitting my back is such a pain. It is so cold! I can’t imagine myself kissing Luhan in a public tub and I am really shy because it is my first kiss. Thinking of it makes me blush.

 

“Students, please prepare and check your belongings because we will leave in an hour. Thank you.”

 

I should fix myself quickly. I went to the bathroom to wash myself. I step outside and saw nothing but the tub. Students exited the tub.  

 

I’m walking towards the door and notice that someone left their towel accidentally. I pick it up and saw Luhan’s name in it. It smells like shampoo and lavender and snow.

 

 

“He must be in our room.” I thought.

 

Before I get to our room, I noticed that there are people talking in the dark side of a room. It is almost 6 p.m. I heard Luhan’s voice and I was about to go and give him his towel when suddenly...

 

“Job well done, Luhan.”  Guy number one says. There are 2 guys and I can’t see their face because they’re facing the other side so all I can see is their back view and I can’t hear them clearly so I don’t know whose voice it is. I was flabbergasted at the moment so I have to hide myself.

 

“As promised, here is your 15000 dollars and the extra 500 because you took her first kiss. I can’t believe it Luhan! You made Seohyun fall in love with you within a month and you took her first kiss! We must celebrate because you did a good job.”

 

What... My head starts to think of thoughts. I slip that caused noise. .

 

I heard footsteps coming towards my ‘hiding area’ so I ran very very quick before they saw me. I went to the room, pack my bags and went to the parking area and climb on our bus to get to the school and go home with morals and lessons (according to our teachers.)

 

“May I sit with you?” I ask Juniel and ask Mami to sit beside Luhan and she agrees.

“What’s wrong? Your eyes are puffy and red.” Juniel says as she opens a bag of sour gummies. “What did I do that was so wrong?” I ask and tears can’t stop falling.

“Would you mind telling me the story?” she asks. “You knew how much I love him, right?”

“Yes...”

“Yonghwa and I had a fight because he is being so distant to me and I don't even know why and he looks so upset these days.. Aside from that, I went to the hot tub earlier and saw Luhan. We had a chit chat and he brought up the ‘double date’ thing with Me, Kris and him.” I sniff. “He said he felt jealous. He was jealous!”

“That’s a good thing! But why are you crying? You should be happy!”

“You know what’s next? He kissed me. The sound of water, the people’s giggles and the air were so romantic and stunning and sparkling.”

“Why are you upset then?”

“He left his towel on the tub so I pick it up to give it to him but when I was making my way to our room, I heard him talking with 2 guys. I only got to see the back view of those two guys but I saw him. I saw Luhan.”

“So?”

Tears rolled down my cheeks as if it were raindrops. “He made me fall in love with him and he kissed  me and the worst thing is, I kissed him back.”

“That isn’t worst, Seo.” She’s cheering me up. “No, it was the worst and embarrassing moment of my life. He did that because of a DEAL. Money’s involved. Now tell me, what did I do that was so wrong that he made me fall in love with him because of that goddamn money?!” I saw Luhan walking at the center to get to his seat. I wiped the tears and stare outside the window so he won’t notice that I was crying.

 

“Sshhh, I’ll let you rest and we’ll talk about it later, sweetie.” Juniel says wrapping her arms around me.

 

----------------------

a/n: An update :> Please do comment and upvote. Love you xx