XXIII

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

It is our Christmas party today. This year’s last day in school. Everyone is in frenzy. Everyone is dancing like tomorrow doesn’t exist. The music is so loud and catchy and the lights are dancing along with it. It’s like we’re in a club. Everyone wears their own costume also. I am wearing the costume of Hermione because this costume is on sale and very cheap and I don’t want to spend money for costumes that i’ll wear for one night only.

 

I sat down on the stools while sipping a punch. Watching them is so much fun even though I am not close with them. I love seeing happy faces and smiles that aren’t fake. This is gonna be the best day ever.

 

“Hey, how are you? Who’s that character?” I tilted my head and it was Luhan wearing a superman costume.

“I’m fine, how bout you? Are you in  a hurry?” I asked, biting my lips, trying not to laugh.

“No, why?”

“It’s like you wore your pants first before your underwear.” I smirk.

“That’s what you called S.T.Y.L.E. or maybe...”

“What?”

“Maybe you’re staring at my manhood for so long! !” he chuckled as I punch him on his chest.

“I’m not that kind of girl.” I smiled. Why do I feel like nothing happened? I think it’s time to forgive him and forget about the ‘deal.’ I love seeing his smile and enjoying his existence is everything.

 

The music switched from catchy to ballad real quick. Everyone’s in a hurry finding their partners. Juniel dances with Kai, Kris dances with the random girl, and Yonghwa is the DJ since he knows something about DJ-ing and music. Mami’s absent.

 

“Shall we?” Luhan extends his hands in front of me, waiting for me to respond. I placed my hand on his hand and we walked to the dance floor. The sweet slow music, the faded lights, the passionate love of lovers and Luhan’s scent is undescribable. I am speechless. Am I his first dance? Oh my gosh, I can feel my face getting warmer.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked having a knot on his forehead.

“Ah…yeah.” I shrugged.

 

It was like slow motion. Everything’s perfect. I feel like I am a princess and he’s my prince and everyone is watching us and I want to kiss him and cuddle and wait… what? I sound like a .

 

I didn’t notice that 2 songs have passed. Other girls wants to dance with him.

 

“I think you should be dancing with the other girls.” I said and he didn’t hesitate. I went back to my seat and get some cake. He is so graceful. He really is a good dancer. So perfect.

 

“Look at this ugly , thinking he owns Luhan.” I heard a murmur. I looked back and saw nothing.

“In front of you, .” I looked in front and saw them… again. Cl and Eunjung. The queenkas who used to lock me in a room and hurt me physically.

“You’re such a nuisance.” Eunjung said while staring at me like I am her prey.

“What did I do?” I asked calmly.

“What did you do?  Come here.” Eunjung grabbed my left arm and squeezed it as they dragged me outside the room.

“Stop flirting with Luhan-oppa!” Cl shriek.

“I am not.” I replied.

She slapped me and said “Stay away from him freak! You know what? You’re a nuisance. You’re pushing him away from us! From me!”

“He is not a thing and I didn’t steal anything from you.” I glared.

“He is mine. Just a friendly reminder my friend, you are not on the same level as him. Your hair is curly and dry. You have tanned skin and you have metals in your mouth. It is like you’re a cactus while he is a beautiful flower. You get it now?” She yelled as she slapped me on the other cheek. Man, they’re getting on my nerves.

“Why are you so afraid then? You know that I look like this so there’s nothing to be afraid of.”  I was going to hit her but Eunjung held my hand and pushed me on the ground.

“Don’t you dare talk to us like that you ugly little !” she shriek. She’s gone crazy.

“You should go on your level. Ugly duckling.” That was her final statement and went back to the room. I am left out in the dark, sitting in the cold hard ground. No words came out on my mouth but tears explains everything.

 

I went to the music room. It brings back memories. I was the bride but Mami came, so I ended up singing the background music. When people ship ‘MiHan’ or ‘MaLu.’ When we formed a band consisting of 7 members and Director Edward who is very mean to me and always complains that I am not that pretty for the leading lady role. When Yonghwa confessed his love to me and when he kissed me and I kissed him back for a second. I felt a rush feeling, an ache to my heart and my stomach clenches. I knelt down on the ground, grieving.

 

What if they’re right? I am so ugly. I am not suited for Luhan. Maybe the deal’s because I look like a joke. Why am I born like this? Why do I have a face like this? If only I could pull off this braces. I just can’t take this anymore…

 

I heard the door creaked open and it is Luhan, standing there with a frown face while he catches his breath.

 

“Are you okay? I noticed that you’re gone so I went to find you. I was so worried and what do you think you’re doing? You’re just…”

“A piece of ?” I interrupt him while wearing a bitter smile.

“What are you saying?” he runs towards me.

“Do I look like a joke? Do I look like a deal? You treat me like just because I look like this? Is it because I am not pretty? Why!? I did anything I could do for you. I sacrificed my time and efforts to make you pass the test. All I ever did was make you happy and all you have is a ed up heart.” words came out of my mouth and I am so shocked because I didn’t mean to say it out loud straight to his face.

“What are you saying?”

“Don’t deny it. You had a deal with some guy, right?You need to make me fall in love with you in a month?You even took my first kiss. You’re lucky you wont feel this way because you’re the ‘kingka’ in this school. I don’t see things the way my family does. At home, they tell me Im pretty and when I go to school, I’m back to being ugly. It hurts. It ing hurts so much.”

 

He didn’t respond. How could the silence be this loud?

 

“Answer me!” I hit his chest numerous times.

Seconds pass and he said “I’m sorry…”

“That’s all you got to say? You’re sorry?” I turned my back as I took off my hat. I am disappointed.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you, I really didn’t  have a choice.”

“You didn’t mean to hurt me? What if I put a shotgun in your mouth and say ‘I don’t want you to die, I didn’t mean to do it?’ and yes, you had a choice. And you chose to hurt me. You chose to break my heart. You broke my heart.” I heave a sigh and wipe my tears.

“Maybe your mother didn’t teach you moral and values.”  I continued.

He glared at me. “You don’t know a thing about me. I broke your heart? Then so be it!”

“Youre just a casanova here in school! A playboy!”

 

Ive fallen for you.. But now that you already know my feelings..Why did you left me hanging? Why did you left me with this broken heart? Why do you keep on hurting my feelings? Is it because youre rich, handsome, popular? I dont know you anymore.

 

"tch, what are you expecting? I never said that I love you.. Stay away from me and go to your level."

 

"How could you do this to me?"

 

"Im a playboy, what are you expecting? Bye, there's no YOU and I in this story. Got it?"

 

I ran to the nearest comfort room to cry. What should I do? Fate keeps on interfering. Destiny wont agree. How should I handle this? This is exhausting.

 

-----

N/A: Annyeong lovely subbies! :) Please keep on leaving comments bc I am reading them and thanks for supporting the story! :> Let me know what u think about this chapter. Few chapters left guise!!! :)))) I love you subbies xoxo