XXVI

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

KRIS’ POV

 

My phone rang and it was Seohyun. I got a little bit shocked because she never calls me.

 

“Hello?”

“Hello, are you free today? If yeah, can you take me to the orphanage?”

“Yeah sure. Give me 30 minutes and I’ll be there.”

 

I felt happy when she called me. Like I really don’t know why but I also felt a little bit disappointed when she said that she’s going to the orphanage. Luhan’s there today and I don’t want them to meet there. I may sound selfish but the hell I care. It’s just killing my vibe.

 

--

 

We’re on the car, making our way to the orphanage then she started talking. She asked me how was my Christmas and whatnot. I’m fine but not today.

 

We arrived at the orphanage, she went inside to give presents while I stayed outside talking to the nun who’s taking care of the plants in the garden.

 

Suddenly,  there was a chaos inside the room. I rushed inside and saw Luhan, holding Seohyun’s wrist. I knew this is gonna happen. I walked closer to them and snatched Seohyun’s wrist from his tight grip. I don’t know what’s happening to me, but there’s no turning back.

 

We went out of the orphanage real quick and I didn’t  notice that I was holding her hand. Ugh, this isn’t me. Wake up Kris for God’s sake.

---

 

I drive while she’s sitting on the passenger’s seat. She is sad and anytime soon she’ll cry.  I took her to my favorite place. It’s quiet and peaceful. We’re surrounded by tall pine trees, snow on the ground, stars that are shining for us.  It’s already 7pm and I am planning to spend the night with her. I want to comfort her and by the way, tonight is December 31 so I thought fireworks display would be romantic.

 

--

She started talking and crying. She also said that she knows everything about the deal except for the 2 guys... She doesn't know that it was me and Kai. That was the  deal I regret the most. I met her when she bumped into me and she used to say that I am so tall that’s why she didn’t notice me. At first, I thought she was clumsy. But as time passes by, I still think she is clumsy… but in a cute way. We used to see each other from time to time, anywhere. In that moment, I swear I knew I like her.  I remember when I invited her for a date and she reminds me every time that it was a ‘Friendly date.’ She looked simple yet stunning. Suddenly, Luhan came with this chic. They argued all the time. Then the wine stained Seohyun’s coat and she went to the wash room. After a minute, Luhan said he needs to pee and I don’t really care about it. I waited for them but they didn’t come back.

 

And another thing, I also invited her for a coffee. She was so excited and I thought it was because of me but I was wrong. It was because Luhan mentioned her name. But I can’t tell her that Luhan’s ex-girlfriend’s name is So Hyun. They’re same in pronunciation but different in spelling.

 

Then the practice for the festival has come. Seohyun was supposed to be the leading lady but somebody came and it was Mami. Her real name is So Hyun and she is Luhan’s ex. Director Edward replaced Seohyun. I still remember the loneliness in Seohyun’s eyes. It’s like she really wanted to do it but she had no choice. Edward is still in charge and we have to obey his commands. Luhan became vulnerable and the strong look on his face vanished. His eyes were soft and sparkling and speaks a thousand of words.

 

Everything has changed since then. Seohyun became so distant to me. Luhan became so sad and has no energy to do anything when Mami’s around. I can’t tell Seohyun the truth because I have no right to say it. So I did everything to comfort her. But…. She doesn’t like me. She doesn’t like my company. She only wants someone. And that someone is… Luhan.

 

And here we are tonight. Together. She’s hurt because she loves someone who can’t love her back and I am also hurt because I am in love with someone who can’t love me back. How ironic.

 

“Err, Seo, I have something to tell you…” I look at her in the eyes. I don’t know if I have the courage to confess my love and to confess that I am one of those guys who made the deal.

 

“Go on.” She wiped her tears and smiled at me. Her smile that made my heart flutter and beat so fast. The smile that makes me melt. The smile that I fell in love with. Her eyes are still red and puffy. Her face is swollen but still pretty.  And the stars shines for her and here I am. I am just a hopeless romantic.

 

“N-Nevermind.” I whispered and tilted my head to the sky.

 

I can’t tell you the truth. I don’t have the balls to say it but tonight, I finally realized… I am in love with this girl. 

 

I continued… “Sorry if I’m selfish. I want to be with you right now. Let’s celebrate the new year together. Please?”

 

---

I want to say THANK YOU GUYS for supporting my story even though I am not a pro... wait, what?  I am so sorry for being a sloth. I am really busy that's why I can only update this whenever I have time but heyyy, few chapies to go! :)) Please do anticipate kekeke. Saranghae~