The Assumption of Realization

Mind Walking

I followed close behind Ryeowook as he walked down the hallway towards God-knows-where. I've given up in trying to called out to him. He never seemed to answer me anyway. It was like I didn't even exist.

 

 

WAIT.

 

What if...what if that's the case...?

 

What if..what if I am..?

 

Oh God...

 

 

I quickly shrugged those thoughts away as I noticed his pace getting faster. He seemed to be in a rush, which puzzled me even more. I sighed. I just don't understand anything anymore. I guess, I will only have my answer after we reached to wherever he was going. Suddenly, he stopped his track. I took this as an understanding that we had finally arrived at his destination. I held up my head high to see where we were exactly. To my genuine surprise, it was the same room that I've woken up to. I stared at the door and then at his back, my brows furrowed, completely confused.

 

 

Why is he here ?

 

 

I didn't even bother to say anything as I watched Ryeowook pushed the door to the said room quietly. As he was doing so, I noticed that his hands were sightly shaking. Then, he stepped inside. I hesitated for a bit before following him close behind. Ryeowook closed the door gently after our entrance as I looked up to my surroundings. My eyes immediately went big when I saw all of my members jumbled up inside the room. 

 

 

This is so weird.

 

How come they weren't here when I woke up before ?

 

Why are they here now when I'm not even in the room?

 

What the hell is going on??

 

 

I decided to stay quiet as I observed them closely from the back. They seemed to be in a foul mood. Some of them even had red puffy eyes and their cheeks were swollen. The entire atmosphere of the room was in a complete silence. None of them uttered a thing as they stared at something or rather, someone...well, I'm not quite sure so myself as to what that thing/someone is since they were all blocking my view. 

 

 

'Wha-what did the doctor say...?' Ryeowook suddenly blurted out breaking in what seemed like the longest silence I've ever encountered in my whole entire life.

 

 

What is he talking about?

 

Doctor??

 

 

'He said..well...he..he...well..said...' I saw Leeteuk bit his lips as he tried to answer Ryeowook. His voice slightly shaking.

 

'..it's bad huh...' Ryeowook said quietly as if he understood what Leeteuk was trying to say. I just stared at them in complete confusion.

 

'It's not that bad.' This time it was Sungmin who spoke. I turned my attention towards him.

'They just..don't know when..he'll..when he'll wake up.'

'...that's all....'

 

 

Who???

 

Wake up ??

 

What are they talking about???

 

Why do I feel like I'm being left out here..?

 

 

'But..but Eunhyuk hyung said....' Ryeowook hung his head down, unable to finish his words. He composed himself for a sec before lifting his head back up.

'..hyung you..you said...you said that..that there was no hope left....' He was now looking at Eunhyuk.

'...you said that the..the doctor to-told you that...he..he..he might not make it...' Tears started to welled up in his eyes. My eyes instantly widen at the sight.

'...that he...he'll never...never....' Ryeowook was literally trembling as he tried to finish his words.

'...wake up....' He managed before falling onto his knees and sob. 

 

 

Seeing this, I immediately ran to him. Thou I have no idea what was going on, or what the hell was everyone talking about, I do know one thing for certain, I hate seeing by best friend cry, more than anything in the world. I just hate it. I hate watching him break down like this. I knew I had to comfort him. I knew he needed me by his side. He needed me to embrace him and held him close to me and I was determined to do so. Therefore, when I reached his by side, I abruptly opened my arms wide before hugging him tightly. However, something felt wrong. No. everything felt wrong. It felt wrong. No no, that was not it. It was more to..nothing. That's right. It felt like nothing. Nothing. Absolutely nothing! I furrowed my brows as I looked down at my arms. Yeap. I was definitely doing everything right. I had opened my arms wide enough for Ryeowook to fit in. Heck, I was already holding him in my arms and his head was close to my chest. So...so...how come...how come I can't feel him.....? How come I feel nothing ?

 

 

How come he...felt like nothing ?

 

 

I tried to tighten my grip on him to see if that will work. If I could feel his presence near me by pressing him harder.

 

 

Nope. Nothing.

 

Why can't I feel him??!

 

 

GOD this was just like what happened before when I touched his hand. Suddenly, realization hit me as I somehow managed to put the puzzle pieces together. No. More like an assumption. I still wasn't sure whether what I thought of would be correct. I hope with all my heart that it's not. I soon found myself trembling as I let go of my grip on Ryeowook. I stood up queitly as I bit my bottom lip.

 

 

'Hyu-hyungs.....' I called out to the other members.

 

 

Nothing.

 

 

'...hyungs...' I tried again. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

 

 

Come on please. Please, please, please, please....answer me..somebody...anybody....just please...please...

 

..please answer me.

 

 

'..you guys....' I tried one more time. My whole body was beginning to tremble more than before.

 

 

None.

 

 

OH GOD. I just need them to answer me. I just need them to respond to me. Right now. I just need..I just need somebody to look at me. Just, anybody. 

 

I just need somebody to tell me that this was all just a dream.

 

That this was all just nothing but a horrible nightmare.

 

 

It...it can't be true....

 

...could it.....?

 

No way....

 

..but I'm....

 

...I'm still so young....

 

...there are still so many things that I want to achieve...

 

...so many things that I want to experience.....

 

 

I forced my shaky legs towards the bed. It was then I realized that my hyungs were actually looking at it. It was the bed that they had their attention to. I walked passed them and neared myself towards it.

 

 

I felt my breath hitched.

 

I felt my legs getting weaker.

 

I felt blood drained out from my face.

 

I felt myself losing every energy I've ever had.

 

I felt myself falling onto my knees.

 

 

There it was.

 

I finally understood everything.

 

 

Everything was clear now.

 

Everything had assuredly made sense.

 

 

The touch.

 

The calls.

 

The lack of response.

 

The ignorance.

 

The emptiness.

 

 

Everything.

 

 

Had made sense.

 

 

Finally.

 

 

I felt myself getting even more weaker as I continued to stare at the bed. 

 

 

I found myself screaming even before I realized it.

 

 

My chest tightened as a pang of pain hit me hard on the inside.

 

It was so painful that I couldn't breathe.

 

I couldn't even think properly either.

 

I couldn't do anything anymore.

 

 

 

----------

-------

---

 

 

 

Never in the world would I've ever thought, that I would be staring at myself.

 

 

It felt so weird.

 

It felt so...odd....

 

 

That's right.

 

I was staring at myself,,, laying...almost motionless,,, on the bed.

 

 

Looking so...dead.

 

Unresponsive.

 

 

Wait, Is that it ?

 

Is this really it??

 

 

Am I really....dead ?

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------