Perplexity

Mind Walking

I was running. I was running to GOD knows where. My head was pounding and my chest was in so much pain.

 

I don't understand anything anymore. 

 

 

Who Am I?

 

What...what am I?

 

 

I feel like I'm missing a part of myself. Something important. But somehow, I just couldn't figure that out.

 

I don't know anything anymore.

 

 

Anything.

 

Nothing.

 

 

I felt liquids running down my face. I hadn't noticed it before. I raised my hands up and wiped them away. My running never stopped. Even when I'm bawling my eyes out like crazy I continued my run, search, desperation, whatever you want to call it.

 

 

I continued running. 

 

 

Suddenly, I found myself stopped as I noticed something, no, someone, at the end of the hallway. My heart skipped a beat as I was both happy and excited to see another living soul apart from me in this confusing empty world.

 

I took a step forward, attemping to move myself closer to that figure. Even though I had no idea who that person could be, I'm pretty sure that he knows the way out.

 

 

He knows every answer and every wonder I'm searching for.

 

 

He knows why I'm somehow stuck in this unfamiliar world.

 

 

He knows.

 

 

He knows.

 

 

 

 

Well, I hope he does.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

I approached the figure that was curled up on the floor. He looked like a complete mess. His knees were folded on his chest. His hair was a catastrophe. His eyes were red and puffy and I instantly knew that he was crying. No, more like sobbing. He was sobbing, like there was no tomorrow. His whole body was shaking. As I looked closer at his face, I noticed that somehow, he seemed familiar, so,, familiar. I said nothing him as I continued to observe him. It was then I realized that he was holding a picture in his hand. Curiosity got to me and I took a closer look at that picture. What I saw shocked me and I could feel my head pounding once again.

 

 

Wha..what is this ?!

 

Why..why is he holding a picture of....me standing next....to him ?

 

Is he....somebody important to me..?

 

Who..who am I to him ??

 

 

Suddenly, I felt a huge pang of pain inside my head. I fell onto the floor as I couldn't handle the increasing pain. I held up my hands onto my head and I started to cry. It was just so painful. Soon after that, I found my vision came to a blur as I began seeing flashes of images inside my head. A flood of memories was attacking me with full force that I wasn't able to comprehend anything. It felt like I've been swiped me off my feet and pulled into the world of utter confusion. When I was finally able to put the pictures together, my eyes widen and I immediately looked at the figure in front of me. I stared at him in what seemed like forever as my emotions were beginning to play a toll on me. I just didn't know what to put of that situation.

 

 

'Rye..Rye-Ryeowook....?' I found myself say.

 

 

Then it hit me. Everything hit me as I came to a complete realization of who I really was. Everything became clear and I remembered everything about myself and the person in front of me. I smiled to myself. Relieved. Slowly, I approached him closer, putting my hand onto his shoulder.

 

 

'..Ryeowook....' I uttered to him for the second time.

'Why are you crying....?'

'What's going on...??'

'Where are the others???' I began bombaring him with questions that I demand an immediate answer but somehow, he wasn't responding. It was as if he didn't noticed or see my presence.

 

'Wookie ?' I tried again.

'Hey...Ryeowookie...it's me...Kyuhyun....'

'...Hey....'

 

 

 

He continued to sobbed as he ignored my presence thoroughly. I was starting to get confused by his actions.

 

 

 

'Ryeowook..it's me...why are you ignoring me??'

'AND why are you here and crying all by yourself?'

'Ryeowook hey...'

 

'Kyu..Kyuhyun.....' I heard him say. A smile formed on my lips.

 

'YES, WOOKIE. I'M HERE.' I replied him as I hugged him tightly.

'I'M RIGHT HERE.'

 

'Kyu..come...come..back to...me....'

'...I...I'm....so..sorry.....'

'..please come back...'

 

 

 

My eyes went round at his words.

 

 

'What are you talking about Ryeowook??'

'I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere.'

'Hey...look at me...'

 

'Kyu..Kyu...please come back....' His sobbed went louder than before and he was trembling.

'...please...'

'...don't leave me....' He held the picture I saw earlier on his chest as he continued his cries of pain.

 

'RYEOWOOK!' I tried to shake him. I was starting to panic.

 

 

 

Why does it starting to looked like that he really can't see me?!

 

 

 

'YAH! KIM RYEOWOOK!! LOOK AT ME!!' I yelled at him. I didn't want to, but I needed his attention. I needed him to look at me.

'I'M RIGHT HERE!! I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!'

'RYEOWOOKIE!!!'

'YAH!!! KIM RYEOWOOK!!!!'

'RYEOWOOK!!!!!!!!'

 

'KYUHYUN!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!!'

'..It's..my..fault...everything...is..m..my fault....'

 

'RYEOWOOK WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU??!!!!'

'YOU'RE FREAKING ME OUT!!!'

'HEY!!!!'

'RYEOWOOK HEY!!!!!'

 

 

 

Suddenly, his phone rang. I looked up and saw him wiping off his tears frantically while trying to calm himself down. After a while, he pressed the green button and cleared his throat.

 

 

 

'He..hello....' He said to the other line. I noticed him bitting his bottom lip in an effort to stop himself from sobbing all over the place once again.

 

'Yes..Eunhyuk hyung...I'm...I'm okay.....'

'..Please don't worry about me...' His hand was shaking as he uttered those words. He was really trying hard not to cry.

'...Okay..I'll be right there....'

 

 

 

He ended their conversation and stood up. He then began walking down the hallway leaving a stunned me behind. I found myself more confused then ever. I immediately stood up and chased after him.

 

 

 

'Hey Ryeowook!'

'Where are you going???'

'HEY!!!!' I tried to grabbed his hand but somehow, I couldn't. It was as if, my touch were nothing. I...couldn't grabbed a hold of him. 

 

 

 

Ryeowook continued his walking as I looked at my hand and his back. My head was spinning and I was once again, swallowed into a world of confusion.

 

 

 

Why didn't I feel anything when I touched his hand?

 

 

Now that I think about it, I didn't feel anything either when I hugged him earlier.

 

 

What's going on??

 

 

Why...why can't he see me.....?

 

 

Why..why is he..ignoring my very presence...?

 

 

Was he really not able to see me??

 

 

 

 

I...I don't understand anything anymore.....

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Please check out my new one-shot fic featuring Eunhyuk.

 

--> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/453267/breaking-the-anchovy-code-eunhyuk-oneshot-superjunior

 

Thanks! ^^

 

Much love,

Haruhi