Ugly Fame

Mind Walking

Kyuhyun sat on the cold floor as he leaned against the wall and wait. He waited with the most patient he had ever had as he continously went back and forth staring at the giant clock on the wall. At the same time he also stared at his almost lifeless body on the bed. Thou he had seen himself like this a few times before, he was still unable to get used to it. After what seemed like forever, the door to his hospital room was turned and Kyuhyun could feel his heart skip. He immediately got to se who it was hoping that it was indeed Ryeowook.

To his joy, Ryeowook walk in with a small bucay of flowers. Kyuhyun noticed that he had gotten tinner and he could not help but feel worried. He knew instantly that Ryeowook hasn't been taking care of himsel well lately. Kyuhyun watch in silent as Ryeowook walk slowly towards him, technically his body.

 

'Hey Kyu.' Ryeowook said with a sad smile.

'Sorry I wasn't able to come that much.' He then pulled the chair closer to the bed and sat.

'Things..have been really hard...with the members and such....' Kyuhyun could see how Ryeowook was struggling to held back his tears which then remind him. Where are the other members? Why haven't they come visit?

'You must be wondering where the other members are.' It was as if Ryeowook could read his mind as he said this. Kyuhyun was bewildered.

'Well, Teukie hyung has been...quite...occupied...with important things...and the other members...well...I don't know...I mean they're somewhere....'

 

Are they doing okay?

 

'They are.' Again it was as if Ryeowook could hear him!

'They're...coping...I'm...coping...' Ryeowook started to shake a little.

 

Ryeowook I'm so confused.

 

'You must be so confused.' Alright Kyuhyun was starting to freak out a little. Maybe Ryeowook can really hear him?

'I mean you're just laying there not knowing what's going on and all and here I am mumbling weird things to you.' Ryeowook held his hand and gently rubbed it.

'I'm sorry I'll stop.'

 

No don't stop tell me more! Tell me everything!

 

'It's just that, I have to let everything out of my chest you know.' Kyuhyun almost fell backwards at this. Ryeowook can really hear him! This is it. This great! Now he'd be able to know and understand everything.

 

'Ryeowook, what on earth is going on?' Kyuhyun asked, positive that Ryeowook would hear him.

'What's happening to everyone, why are you guys fighting??' To his disappoinment there was no answer.

'Ryeowook?? You can hear me, can't you??'

'Ryeowook?? Wookie??' He tried again.

'Kim Ryeowook yah! Don't do this to me!'

 

He can't hear you.

 

Suddenly there was a voice echoing inside his head. If it wasn't someone familiar he would have freaked out.

 

'What do you mean he can't hear me he said all the things I was wondering about just now!' Kyuhyun argued. With all his heart he wanted this. Ryeowook has to be able to hear him. Then he can ask for his help.

 

He can't

 

The voice said again.

 

'But then, how did he-'

 

He understands you.

 

'What do you mean?'

 

It's because he understands you that he was able to guess what was inside your heart without having to hear you. He must be someone close to be able to do something like that.

 

'He's my best friend...' Kyuhyun only said as he look at Ryeowook. His tears welling up as a proud smile formed on his face.

 

Perhaps...you can take advantage of this fact.

 

'What? How? What do you mean?' Kyuhyun knew it was pointless to ask as the voice was no longer echoing inside his head. He sighed as he went towards Ryeowook. He gently placed his hands onto Ryeowook's shoulder.

'Can you really understand me Ryeong?'

 

'Kyuhyun. There are just so much...that I wanted to tell you.' Ryeowook suddenly said which immediately put a huge smile on Kyuhyun's face.

'I wanted to tell someone...I wanted to let everything out because I just can't keep everything lock away in my heart any longer.'

'I need you to be here and listen to me Kyu. I need you to be my shoulder like you've always have.'

 

Go on. Tell me.

 

'Teukie hyung has actually been busy with meetings...with the company and our president.' Ryeowook uttered which instantly caught Kyuhyun's full attention.

'It's really a mess Kyu. The president's pissed off at us. Well, everyone's pissed off at us.' Ryeowook had that sad smile plastered again.

'I mean I understand why he would. The medias are eating us up alive and the members are just...all over the place. They're just not themselves anymore.' Ryeowook was shaking again.

'Kyu I just..I don't know when it happened but it did. It just did.' Ryeowook continued as his tears started to fall.

'Maybe we were already so broken from the start that's why..that's why it is just as broken as it is now...'

'Did we really know each other?' This question made Kyuhyun's heart stop. It was the same question that the white girl said to him earlier on.

'Cuz Kyu..I just feel...I just feel like I don't know anyone anymore you know?' Ryeowook blurted out with a long sigh.

'Have you ever felt this way before?'

'You must be so confused right now I'm not making any sense right?' Ryeowook chuckled as he wiped off his tears with the back of his hand.

 

Just tell me what happened.

 

'After you got carried here...' Ryeowook began. Kyuhyun could feel his heart pounding so loud. He was afraid of finally hearing the truth.

'Heechul hyung went ballistic he couldn't stop crying...' Ryeowook began playing with the hem of his shirt, fidgeting here and there.

'He wouldn't stop crying and apologising and...freaking out. I've never seen him like that.' 

'Kangin hyung was a different story.' Ryeowook continued. Kyuhyun never stop listening.

'He was angry, no he was furious. If it wasn't for Teukie hyung he would have killed Heechul hyung.' Ryeowook was silent for a brief moment as he stared at Kyuhyun's posture.

'What happened between you guys Kyu?' Kyuhyun wondered if Ryeowook was talking about the incident before he was brought here.

 

You're supposed to tell me that Ryeong.

 

'All I know is that, when everyone found out about those drugs Heechul hyung had hid under his bed he ran out the door and you and Kangin hyung chased after him.' Ryeowook's words made Kyuhyun so shocked that he felt his knees getting weaker.

 

WHA-WHAT...

HEECHUL HYUNG AND DRUGS....??!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??!

 

'And I still remember the look on Teukie hyung's face when Kangin hyung called and told us that you were hit and stabbed with a knife.' Ryeowook was completely shaking at this point.

'It was awful.'

 

Can you die over and over again ?

 

Because that was how Kyuhyun was feeling, he had never felt so suffocating it was killing him. He was...stabbed....? Oh GOD.

 

Please don't tell me it was Heechul hyung!

 

If it really was Kyuhyun wasn't sure if he wanted to live after that.

 

'The police said that there was no evidence that Heechul hyung did and Kangin hyung didn't see what happened because he said that you two had disappeared off somewhere leaving him behind.' Kyuhyun was a bit relief knowing.

'Even if there is such evidence I don't think Heechul hyung would ever do that you know...' Ryeowook uttered quietly.

'I just know it in my heart that it was someone else.'

 

Ryeowook stood up from the chair and walked towards the window. He then look at the birds flying up in the sky. Kyuhyun knew at this point, that there was something else that Ryeowook haven't told him.

 

'It's funny what fame can do to you.' Ryeowook suddenly said. Kyuhyun look at the smaller man.

'Fame can really turn a person into something they're not it's...frightening...' He continued folding his arms together.

'I would have never thought that Heechul hyung would use a sponsor for fame and popularity.'

 

'That was the start of this whole mess.'

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this when I was really sleepy so do forgive me for any mispelling and grammatical error.

I was too sleepy to do some proof reading hope you guys don't mind.

Do drop some comments down below and thanks for reading! ;)