An Open Hearing

Mind Walking

'Tell me what I should do Kyu.'

 

Ryeowook was almost begging as he stared at the unmoving body of his best friend and member. He was crying and trembling. Kyuhyun's heart broke at the sight. It is moments like these that made Kyuhyun angry at himself for being so vulnarable because there was nothing he could do to make Ryeowook feel better. He couldn't even go there and hug the latter because he was stuck in his current state. Most importanty, he was still overwhelmed at finding the truth about what happened with Heechul hyung and the members. He found himself even more worried and depressed. He sighed heavily.

 

'Ryeowook ah please stop crying.'

 

For a moment, Ryeowook stopped crying and looked around. Kyuhyun was immediately alert. Did Ryeowook somehow heard him?

 

'Nah that's impossible she said that he only understands, not hears.' Kyuhyun shrugged crossing his arms together.

 

'Kyu-Kyuhyun...?' Kyuhyun eyes went wide as Ryeowook said this. He could see that the other man was looking around.

'I must be going crazy.' Ryeowook said again but this time to himself.

 

'Ryeowook..could you..perhaps..hear me...?' Kyuhyun was so delighted and shocked all at the same time that he ran and stood next to Ryeowook immediately.

 

'I thought for a second that I could hear you Kyu.' Ryeowook chuckled sadly. Kyuhyun frowned but was delighted. This confimed everything! Ryeowook CAN hear him!

'But I guess that's impossible right? You can't be talking right? I must be going crazy right?' His voice broke as he uttered this.

'You're supposed to be in a coma what the hell is wrong with me.' 

 

Kyuhyun bent down and whispered into Ryeowook's ears.

 

'Ryeonggu.'

 

Ryeowook was so startled he fell off of his chair with a loud thud. He immdiately looked around for the source of the voice he just heard. He was sure that it was Kyuhyun but how is that possible?? He turned his head around and looked at Kyuhyun's body laying on the hospital bed. He wasn't moving at all so was he dreaming for the second time?

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was so excited he leaped for joy and ran across the room. He couldn't believe what just happened! Ryeowook heard him. He freaking heard him! This was just huge for the both of them.

 

 

'Kyuhyun?' Ryeowook tried to confirm his suspicions. 

 

'Yes.' Kyuhyun stopped running and whispered inside Ryeowook's ear again. Ryeowook was again surprised and jumped at the shock. Even though the voice is low and was almost fading, he could still hear it and he was now sure that it was Kyuhyun even though he was a little freaked out. What if it's not and was some random ghost out to get him?

 

'This is-is impossible.' Ryeowook said to the voice that he believed to be Kyuhyun's voice.

'I mean...are...are you really..Kyu-Kyuhyun?' 

 

'Yes.'

 

'Oh my God!' Ryeowook let out a cry as his eyes widened. He had read about how it is believed that people in a coma is never really in a coma. It was more that their spirit got separated from their body and they couldn't find a way to get back in. Never. In the million years would he has ever thought that it could be real. Plus, it was happening to one of s and his best friend. It was just surreal.

'I'm not hallucinating right?' Ryeowook wanted some confirmation.

 

'Nope. You're not.' Kyuhyun smiled so wide he was grinning.

'I also can't believe that you can hear me!'

 

'Oh my God.' Ryeowook was still overwhelmed at the sudden turned of event.

'Kyu!' He felt his tears welling up.

'You're here!'

 

'I am.' Kyuhyun chuckled walking around in circles.

'You don't how stressed I've been trying to reach out to any of you guys. I can't believe you can finally hear me!' He ruffled his hair.

 

'I can...but your voice is really really low so I have to concetrate really hard to grasp what you're talking about.' Ryeowook told him.

'It's almost as if you're not here next to me.' He continued.

'It's like you're in a place far far away.'

 

'Ouh really?' Kyuhyun asked.

'Well I guess it's because I'm in a coma and in another dimension.'

 

'I still can't believe this is happening!' Ryeowook honestly admitted.

'OH MY GOD I have to tell the other members about this they'd be so thrill and happy!' Ryeowook wanted to walk out of the room but was immediately stopped by Kyuhyun.

 

'No you can't!'

 

'Why not??' Ryeowook questioned. He didn't know where to look because he couldn't see Kyuhyun so he chose to look at his body on the hospital bed instead.

'Don't you want them to know? Is it because they can't hear you? Wait, am I the only one that can hear you thou??'

 

'No that's not it.' Kyuhyun replied. 'I want them to know but there's something I gotta do first.'

 

'What do you mean??' Ryeowook was puzzled. For a moment he just stayed quiet before asking,

'Wait Kyu, do you even remember what happened to you?'

 

'That's part of what I gotta figure out and do Ryeowook ah.' Kyuhyun answered.

'Now listen carefully, I need you to understand and know what I'm about to tell and explain to you. But I need you to promise me that you won't freak out and get upset because what I'm about to reveal to you is quite shocking. It's about the members and it's got something to do with my state right now and what I have to do. After that I need you to help me with something. I don't know if this is God's will or something but there must be a reason to why you can suddenly hear me. I'm sure that it is so that you could help me.'

 

'Wait what??' It was all too sudden for Ryeowook to take in.

 

'Just listen first okay?' Kyuhyun reassured the smaller man.

'I need you to help me cuz I can't do much with my current state. Please. Okay?'

 

'...alright then...' Ryeowook nodded.

 

 

 

 

------------------

A short update after a short hiatus. Will update more soon ;)