chapter 7

Next Stop, Your Heart

Taeyeon's POV - continue from Chapter 5

Where am I? Something is hitting me, wait ouch. What’s that?

“TAEYEONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!”

My eyes shoot open and all I see is hair. Then someone pushes me up and people are giving me weird looks as they walk by. “Where am I?” I ask to no one

“You’re at the interchange dude. Get up, it isn’t nice to lie on the ground for the past 10 minutes with people staring at me like a weirdo.” I hear Hyoyeon’s voice.

“Hyoyeon?” I call out. She squats down in front of me and confirms to me that she is indeed my cousin.

“Now kiddy, can we go now?” she says patiently and I roll my eyes at the way she treats me.

“Are you really okay?” an angelic voice asks me. I am not in heaven, am I? Wait, that voice sounds familiar...

“Yah she’s talking to you.” Hyoyeon scolds me and turns me around to face a girl. A... girl...

She looks at me with a worry look and waits for me to respond. I am like a dead log and all I do is stare at her face. I see her lips move again but nothing processes in my brain.

I feel a hard smack at the back of my head and I immediately spin around to glare at Hyoyeon, the culprit. “What you want!” I ask her angrily

Hyoyeon exhales sharply and rolls her eyes at me before she smiles at the girl as she says, “I am sorry Sooyeon-ssi, and this kiddy here is not at her best condition. I might have to bring her home now and thank you for staying with me for the past 10 minutes so that I don’t feel so awkward fanning a dead body.”

I look at them back and forth as I have no idea what Hyoyeon is talking about. Who is Sooyeon? What 10 minutes? Who was she fanning? Wait, why am I at the interchange?

“Uhm hyo… can I ask you something?” I whisper to Hyoyeon

She bobs her head once to tell me to go on. I swallow my spit and glimpse at the girl who I assume is Sooyeon before I whisper to Hyoyeon again. “Who is sooyeon? And what was I doing here?”

Hyoyeon bursts out laughing and the girl looks at us in amusement. She arches an eyebrow up and keeps rolling the papers in her hands as she could be feeling a little awkward. I nudge Hyoyeon in the stomach and she stifles her laugh. She looks at me with a constipated look and I narrow my eyes at her. She is not trying to make me feel embarrassed right?

“Taeyeon, this is Sooyeon.” She introduces the girl to me. How does she even know her name?

Sooyeon smiles at me with a hint of shyness and I force myself to give her my brightest smile. My heart is beating wildly against my ribcage and I am feeling rather out of breath. I can’t believe I know her name!

“Do something, Taeyeon.” Says Hyoyeon as she nudges my arm.

I give her an I-Don’t-Know-What-To-Do look and she sighs in frustration. “Say hi to her.” She mouths at me

I nod quickly and hold out my hand in the mid-air. “Uhm... Hello Sooyeon-ssi, I am T-Tae-Taeyeon.”

I hear Hyoyeon stifling her laughter and she excuses herself further away from us. I guess she is informing the others about my progress..

“Nice to meet you Taeyeon-ssi,” she says with a sweet voice and accepts my handshake

Her hand feels warm. Her touch is so soft and I shake it with so much care, I am afraid of hurting her alright. Just when I was about to let go, she holds it tighter and then let go after a millisecond.

“Anyway, others call me Jessica. Hyoyeon-ssi is not comfortable pronouncing my English name so she calls me Sooyeon.” She explains as she looks at Hyoyeon who is indeed making a phone call and glancing at us.

So her name is Jessica? Alright I shall try practicing it.

“Jay-shi-kar?” I say with a little difficulty. Heck it. This is harder than I thought.

She giggles at my pronunciation and shakes her head in disagreement. “Jes-si-ca.” she repeats herself slowly and I look at her lips as she speaks. Her lips are so pink and plump and luscious and…kissable.

I shake away those thoughts and try again. “Jay-si-kah?”

My cheeks are flushed as I see her giggling again. I have got it wrong again. Why didn’t I pay attention during English lesson? Maybe they have taught us how to pronounce English name but I always don’t give a damn.

“You’re getting there. Good!” She says chirpily

My face lights up as she is somehow... complimenting me. That makes me want to perfect it. She repeats her name for another time but this time, she says it faster.

I nod along and my lips before I give the last try. “Jessica?”

She flashes her most charming smile ever and gives me two thumbs up. Her slender fingers seem so... hold-able. Well, my own word.

“that’s right!” she cheers and her right eye winks a little when she smiles.

I stifle a smile and scratch the back of my head as I am feeling a little shy. She stands there quietly as she looks around me. I guess she doesn’t know what to talk about too. So, to clear the awkwardness, I cough a little before saying the words I don’t wish to say so soon,” uhm Jessica-ssi, I think.. I might have to go now.. It is getting quite late n-now.”

She makes an ‘o’ shape with her lips and nods lightly. “well.. then I guess I’ve to go now..” She smiles with her teeth but that’s not a genuine smile. I can tell. Her eyes wander around but not looking at me. She’s not moving except that she is constantly swaying her body a little.

“Uh… Jessica-ssi?” I call out after observing her for a while. She looks back at me with her eyes gleaming a little, her eyes are beautiful.

“yes?” she asks me softly

“have you had your dinner yet? Maybe.. w-we can have dinner t-to-together. If y-you don’t m-mind.” I stutter. Gosh, why am I stammering? This is rather embarrassing, I hope she doesn’t find me weird.

Her eyebrows arch up and eyes open a little wider than before, she looks surprise? Is this too fast for us? I mean we have barely known each other but I am asking her out for dinner.

“well, sure I.. guess?” she replies cutely with her right shoulder lifts up slightly.

Did she just say yes? Oh my god.. I need a round of applause guys. Please.

“really?” I ask a little too excitedly. She chuckles girlishly and nods as she blinks her eyes a little longer than usual.

“well.. let’s go to.. uhm.. do you like noodles?” I ask her as an idea pops in my mind.

All she does is giving me a firm nod and that is to die for. I grin widely and wave Hyoyeon to come over. She gives me a teasing smile, I assume she kind of knows what is going to happen since she was standing rather close to us just now.

“My treat anyway, Jessica-ssi.” I smile as we stroll to take the bus to our destination.

“you’re really nice, Taeyeon-ssi.” She says as we walk side by side. I peep at her when she is not looking at me. She’s really beautiful, I hope we can be friends.

“Is there something on my face again?” I jump up when she asks me, I can see that she is stifling her smile

 

 

TBC :D