Chapter 32

Next Stop, Your Heart
"T-taeyeon?" Yoona blurts out in disbelief when she sees the girl walking towards her. In another word, leaving Jessica's house.

Taeyeon looks up when she hears someone calling her name. She didn't expect to see Yoona, so soon. "H-hey." she forces herself to say then continues to walk on, hoping that Yoona would not stop her. But luck is not on her side.

"Can we talk?" Yoona asks as she grabs Taeyeon by the arm, not letting her to walk any further. Her nervous eyes calm down a little when Taeyeon nods without turning back.

"Five minutes." Taeyeon says and walks to the seats in the bus stop that are just not far away. Yoona follows after quickly. "What is it?" Taeyeon asks, trying her best to keep her cool.

"I-it wasn't like what you saw. I... we... er... we only hugged before. I admit. But I don't like sica unnie in that way. I don't know what happened between you and her just now but... I'm sorry." Yoona says and looks down on the ground, afraid to lift her head up.

Taeyeon smiles as she watches the buses pass by. "We met on the bus." she says. "I fell for her then."

Yoona looks up, furrowing her eyebrows as she doesn't understand why is Taeyeon saying all these. Taeyeon's face is lit up when she recalls every moment with Jessica in the past. Her eyes are different from just now.

"I'm still falling for her now, even when she's hurting me." Taeyeon continues.

"We aren't together Taeyeon. I swear. She is not cheating on you." Yoona clarifies again.

Taeyeon turns to look at the girl and says,"she's physically there with me, but her heart is with you." Her voice cracks and she stands up when she sees her bus coming. Yoona is left dumbfounded behind, she never once thought that Jessica would be in love with her, or like what Taeyeon has guessed.

"Wait tae!" Yoona shouts when she's finally back to reality but everything is too late when the bus accelerates away. Yoona stomps her foot and grabs her fringe in frustration. What's happening now?

Her mind is occupied with possibilities when she's on her way to Jessica's house. She's greeted by Krystal who is cleaning her wound and Yoona speeds her way upstairs when Krystal tells her what has happened briefly.

"Unnie..." Yoona mutters and inches closer to Jessica.

Jessica is sitting on her bed, hugging her knees close to her chest as she keeps mumbling "taeyeon doesn't want me anymore." Her lips quiver and eyes don't seem to be able to shed anymore tears.

"Sica unnie," Yoona calls out and slowly puts her arms around Jessica, drawing her into a hug. Jessica relaxes a little in Yoona's arms but she suddenly pushes Yoona off the bed with tremendous force, causing the shocked girl to fall off the bed and her head hits the bed post.

"Taengoo doesn't like us together! Get away!" Jessica screams and throws everything that is in her reach to Yoona. Yoona is taken aback and she quickly scurries out of the room when she sees Jessica holding the lamp up.

"What's wrong with her?" Yoona asks, worried and frightened by the girl's behaviour. Krystal looks at Yoona worriedly and sighs when she knows even Yoona can't help now.

"They fought. I guess. But I don't know why. Unnie seems unstable after oppa left.." Krystal heaves out heavily and pinches her nose bridge. Her wound is still aching but she can't care much when she hears Jessica screaming in the room again.

"UNNIE!" Krystal shouts when she sees Jessica trying to take the broken glass to cut herself. "What do you think you're doing!" Krystal grabs the broken glass by force and throws it to the other side of the room. Yoona walks to another side of the bed hurriedly and hugs Jessica closely to her.

"Oh my god. I have to call dad." Krystal exclaims and can't believe that her sister tried to kill herself. She leaves the room to call Mr Jung while Yoona is pacifying the broken girl.

"Shhh don't cry anymore.." Yoona whispers and Jessica's hair. "Taeyeon still wants you. She just misunderstood everything. She still wants you." she repeats over and over again until Jessica finally falls asleep in her arms. The crying, screaming and throwing things have tired her out. Yoona brushes away a strand of hair that is stuck on her tear stained face.

A pang of guilt strikes her as she recalls these few months with Jessica. She has been acting as if they were together because Jessica needed some comfort. Taeyeon hadn't been able to give her much attention and Jessica felt lonelier than ever. They would just cuddle and nothing else, though Jessica kissed Yoona once, on the chin.

"I'm sorry..." Yoona whispers. She feels as if this is all her fault that Taeyeon left Jessica. "I will bring her back to you." she kisses Jessica on the forehead, the first time she kisses the girl. A lone tear trickles down as she finds herself feeling guilty again after the kiss. But don't friends kiss too?

***

"Taeyeon, I understand that Jessica has done something wrong to make you leave her. But I'm not letting you go. You're the talent that I need in my company. Whatever you say, I don't think that it is worthy to let your hardwork go down the drain just because Jessica made a small mistake." Mr Jung says firmly when he calls Taeyeon over to his office.

Taeyeon has just gotten back for the second day and she has been crying since she got back home the previous day after she kind of ends things off with Jessica. She's still overwhelmed by mixed feelings and she doesn't know what to say when Mr Jung insists to keep her in the company, including studying abroad for another year.

"I'm sure my daughter won't make such a silly mistake. I know that I may sound selfish, but i really hope that she can be happy. You're the only one who can make her happy, apparently." Mr Jung adds on. He leans forward and places his hands on the desk. "She needs you."

Taeyeon is lost for word. She looks at anywhere but Mr Jung's pleading eyes. "I don't know sir."

"She tried to kill herself yesterday. Because she said that you don't want her anymore. What makes you think that she likes Yoona?" Mr Jung asks calmly as he leans his back against the chair now.

Taeyeon's eyes flutter wider when she heard the news. She never thought that Jessica would try to end her life. "Is she okay now?" she asks worriedly.

Mr Jung keeps quiet and studies the girl's expression. He lifts his eyebrows when he sees Taeyeon chuckling sadly. "Of course she's fine. Or else you wouldn't be here talking calmly to me..." Taeyeon rubs her face with her hands and then looks down to her laps. "Tell her don't be so silly again.." she whispers in her coarse voice.

"The only person she needs now, is you, Taeyeon. Answer my question just now. Why do you think that she likes Yoona?" Mr Jung asks again.

Taeyeon shrugs and closes her eyes. "Her actions tell me that."

"What about her actions?" Mr Jung probes

"She seems so distant now. It's like as if she is not the Jessica I once knew anymore." Taeyeon says softly.

None of the two speaks anymore. Mr Jung calls his assistant to send Taeyeon out, not forgetting to remind her that her flight is leaving at 10am the day after tomorrow. Taeyeon only nods weakly.

"Taeyeon-ssi, Mr Jung wants me to tell you that you've changed too." the assistant tells Taeyeon after he looks up from his phone.

Taeyeon frowns and nods before she steps into the cab that Mr Jung has called for her. She has changed. They have all changed after two years.

***

"How are you and Jessica now? When are you going to bring her to meet us formally?" Mrs Kim asks as she prepares the dinner with Taeyeon's help.

"We're good. Not so soon I guess, I'm leaving tomorrow." Taeyeon says casually and wipes her hands on the towel.

"I haven't seen her after the last time you brought her to our noodles' shop. I'd like to meet her, taeyeonnie." Mrs Kim smiles warmly. Taeyeon smiles back too, bitterly.

***

Once again, she is ready to leave. This time, nobody sends her off. She looks at her airplane ticket and stands up as the announcement is made for boarding.

She is still going to continue studying as this is her only chance to be successful, be it for Jessica or not. She wants to give her parents a good life after she's back.

"TAEYEON!"

Taeyeon turns her head around when she hears her name. She sees a crying girl together with two other girls running towards her. "Sica..." she mutters under her breath.

The announcement is once made and Taeyeon really has to leave. She looks at the girl running towards her with all her might and fighting within herself as she doesn't know whether to stay till Jessica comes or go and board the plane now.

"Sorry miss. You have to board now." The attendant urges Taeyeon and Taeyeon nods. She takes one last look at Jessica before she turns around, stepping into the departure hall.

She ignores the voice that is shouting her name as she turns and enters the gateway. Her heart breaks when she hears Jessica's faint voice. So what if she stayed anyway? They are over now. Was she expecting a hug and a kiss from the girl who she assumes her heart is no longer with her?

***

"Why..." Jessica cries out, ignoring that she's the centre of attention now. Yoona fans off the people who are crowding around to see what's going on while Krystal helps Jessica to be on her feet.

The girl has been crying way too much in the last three days and her body is too weak to function. She hasn't been able to force something down her stomach as she lost all her appetite.

"Why..." she whispers again to Krystal who is supporting by her waist now. "She doesn't want me anymore.."

Krystal doesn't understand why did Taeyeon walk away just like that. She could have at least stayed a little while and gave Jessica a hug as a comfort, telling Jessica that everything is still fine and they can still fix it. But no. She just walked away like that.

Yoona walks to another side to support Jessica too and Krystal shoots her a worried look because Jessica isn't speaking or crying anymore. Instead, she just looks ahead as she walks with Yoona and Krystal's help.

Everything is fine until Jessica suddenly collapses onto the ground. Krystal is shocked by what's happened and can't react when Yoona asks her to call the ambulance.

Yoona sighs out heavily when she sees no response from Krystal. She fishes out her phone with one hand while another supporting Jessica's neck. She calls for an ambulance and Yoona slaps Krystal on the thigh afterwards to pull her back to reality. Krystal flinches and squats down beside Jessica, frantic.

"Unnie wake up please.." Krystal begs the unconscious girl and Yoona keeps looking around to see if the ambulance has arrived. She rejected some people's offer to help and when the ambulance has finally arrived, Yoona feels much more relieved. She doesn't anything to happen to Jessica. Taeyeon entrusted Jessica to her two years ago and she's going to make sure Jessica is fine under her care even though they have misunderstanding. They're still best friends after all.

---

--- So..... tbc? :P and no hate to yoona or jessica or taeyeon ok!! :( hahaha