Chapter 29

Next Stop, Your Heart

One Month Later - Airport. No One's POV

Taeyeon swallows hard as she tries to fight back to falling tears, her trembling hands rub on Jessica's hips gently as the two share a long hug. The longer they hug, the harder it is for them to let go. "Shh... stop crying." Taeyeon whispers in a hoarse voice and kisses Jessica's ear a few times. Jessica is sobbing in her embrace and keeps shaking her head as she doesn't want Taeyeon to go. She clutches onto Taeyeon's shirt so tightly that Taeyeon can hear her shirt getting torn slightly. "It's just five years baby. I promise to call you every night okay?" Taeyeon coaxes and squeezes Jessica tighter as the announcement is made for boarding.

Jessica cries even harder when Taeyeon pushes her away, because she really has to board the plane now. Krystal hugs Jessica around the shoulders as Jessica is too weak to stand as she has been crying non-stop since morning. Actually since a few days ago. "Taeyeon!!!" Jessica shouts when Taeyeon has entered the departure hall. Taeyeon turns around and smiles at Jessica even though a tear falls down her cheek. "I love you!" Jessica shouts again and Taeyeon nods. She doesn't want to make a scene and she doesn't want to stay there any longer, as she is afraid that she might turn back if she keeps looking at Jessica.

Then Taeyeon is gone. Out of Jessica's view. Jessica collapses into Krystal's arms and sobs in Krystal's shirt. "Five years..." she keeps mumbling and Krystal's heart breaks a little when she sees her sister's vulnerable side. Mr Jung isn't able to send Taeyeon off as he has work to do. Taeyeon's parents are at the airport, but they didn't want to see Taeyeon off as they know she will cry when she sees them. They respect Taeyeon's decision as it is good for Taeyeon too. Which parents don't wish to see their children succeed?

 

 

Taeyeon sits on the plane alone and looks out of the window, waiting for the plane to take off. She takes a sleeping pill as the flight to England is long and she doesn't want to stay awake to think too much. What if she breaks into tears on the plane? It would be too embarrassing as there are so many other strangers around.

"I miss you sica..." She mutters under her breath before she drifts into sleep.

 

 

One Day After Taeyeon Left

"Hey, don't be sad anymore?" Yoona says awkwardly and pats Jessica's hand. Taeyeon has instructed her to take care of Jessica on her behalf since they are best friends too. It can't be Yuri since Yuri has Tiffany. Other than the rest, Yoona seems to be the most available one as she is always free. But they have never met before!

Jessica gives a small weak smile to Yoona and says, "sorry for troubling you. You really shouldn't have to do this."

They are in Jessica's house and Yoona gets the address from Taeyeon. She is dead nervous. Imagine having to meet someone in her house, and what's more is that you haven't even met that person before. "I-I... well it is okay. Since I am free. Taeyeon asked me to take care of you." Yoona smiles and tries her best to not be awkward.

"I don't really know why she has to do this," Jessica chuckles sadly. She can take care of herself and there isn't really a need for someone else to take care of her. Maybe it is because Taeyeon knows that Jessica hardly has any friend, only Seohyun. But Seohyun is dating Kyuhyun now and she might not be readily available when Jessica needs her.

"Because she trusts me!" Yoona says dorkily. Then she realises that she is being too hyper, she coughs to clear the awkwardness and says again. "I really don't mind taking care of you. Taeyeon is my best friend. You're her girlfriend. So you're my friend too." She smiles.

Jessica really appreciates Yoona and she pulls Yoona's hand as she stands up, "so I guess we are friends now? Let's go and hang out!" Jessica suggests, even though she isn't really in the mood of doing so. But she rather goes out than staying at home to over think. Krystal is out too with her friends and Jessica doesn't want to trouble Krystal when Krystal says she could reject her friends' offer. She is just sad, she will get over it soon, she thought.

"Hang out? N-Now?" Yoona asks, frowning as she thinks it is too fast. But then she has an idea to cheer Jessica up. "ah ha! Come on, let's go!"

 

 

 

Taeyeon's POV - England, London.

"Argh... so tiring..." I jump into the bed immediately after I arrive at the apartment. It isn't really big but it is comfortable enough. Jessica's father has already planned everything nicely for me. My schedule is hectic and he says that whatever things that I need, I can tell him, he will get it for me. But I don't really want to spend his money on too many things..


6am- Wake up & Breakfast

7am- Language school till 9 am

9am- tea break till 9 30am

9 30am- Business school till 1pm

1pm-lunch till 1 30pm

1 30pm- Law course till 3pm

3pm- Trade school till 5pm

5pm- Leadership course till 7pm

7pm- Dinner till 8pm

8pm- Write a report to Mr Jung (1000 words)

9 30pm onwards free time!!


So yeah, this is pretty much my daily schedule planned by Jessica's father too. It is so packed that I don't even know if I can make it. What if I fall asleep in between? But luckily, when I finally have the time to rest, Jessica will end school by then already, unless she has extra lectures.

It is now 10pm in London and 3pm in Seoul. Maybe I should call Jessica and ask her how is her.

 

"Jessica Jung." I stifle a giggle.

"Yah Yoona! Don't! Wait, Taengoo is here."

"Are you with Yoong?" I ask, smiling because I hear her laughter over the line.

"Hello taengoo! Yeah we're at the amusement park. hehe. I miss you soooooo much."

"Aww I miss you too baby. It is 10 here and I still can't fall asleep. Are you having fun?" I turn around to lie on my back.

"You better catch some sleep soon. You're waking up in 8 hours time babo. And, it would be more fun if I am with you..."

"But I am really not sleepy. I want to hear your voice. How I wish I could be by your side now..." I sigh and play with my hair as I think about her lying next to me.

"You bet I wish that too... Have you eaten?"

"Yeap. On the plane. Is Yoona taking good care of you?"

"To be honest, I was a little uncomfortable around her - yah yoona! Oops, then she is such a fun person to hang out with! But she keeps poking me Taengooooo."

I laugh because of her whining. "Pass the phone to her."

"Yo Taengooooooo~" Yoona mimicks Jessica and it sends shiver down my spine.

"You better not bully her you understand? Take care of her well. Make sure she is happy. I don't want to see her getting wrinkles all over her face the next time I see her, okay?" I joke.

"She's having so much fun just now but you called. Boohoo. She really misses you buddy."

"I miss her too.. Aye, don't bully her okay?"

"Hmmmm that i will have to see. Ah sica unnie!!!" I hear Yoona whine over the line and I guess Jessica is taking her revenge maybe.

"Alright alright. Go and have fun, the both of you." I laugh.

"Taengoo, I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you soon." Jessica is now on the line and she sighs.

"I miss you too baby. Now, go and have some fun ok? I will see you soon." I smile to myself when I hear her whine again, she doesn't want to get off the phone yet. But I know this will only make her even sadder when I hang out after a long call, so I have to end it soon. She was having fun just now and I really want to know that she is happy.

"Come on baby. I need to bathe too. Do you still want a smelly Taengoo?" I shiver at my own cute voice.

"I don't mind!" She giggles.

"Alright baby. Go and have fun ok? I will call you soon again, I promise." I say

"I love you."

"I love you too." I end the call with a kiss and she does the same.

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, Amusement Park - No One's POV

"Yah you, stop poking me when I am talking to Taeyeon," Jessica scolds and hits Yoona's forehead. They have gotten so much closer after spending just a few hours together. They somehow click and Yoona acts like a baby when she knows that Jessica is older than her.

"Because you are so pokable!" Yoona grins and claps her hands happily.

"I am speechless." Jessica says and walks away first to the next station. Yoona follows closely behind and gives Jessica a poke before they take the next ride.

"yah you!" Jessica screams and Yoona sticks out her tongue before she runs to take a seat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Six Months Later

Taeyeon is once again home with a tired body. She has just finished her day and ready to have her dinner. Her lessons get more packed nowadays and sometimes, Jessica and her will not talk for 3 days straight. But Jessica is quite understanding, she will throw a fit for awhile but then ask Taeyeon how was her day and if she is tired. They are still lovey dovey but Taeyeon's tired voice will sometimes lead to misunderstanding.

"Hey..." Taeyeon answers the call lazily and slumps herself into her bed. Her back is aching badly for sitting too long in the class.

"Are you tired?" Jessica asks softly.

"Kind of..."

"I see. Have you eaten?"

"nope. Going to."

"I see.."

They stay quiet on both lines until Jessica let out a high pitch scream. "What's the matter sica?" Taeyeon asks worriedly and bolts upright

"Yah yoona!!! I told you to stop it!"

Taeyeon closes her eyes as she listens to her girlfriend bickering with her best friend. It has become somewhat normal for Taeyeon that Yoona is always over at Jessica's house. It isn't that she is jealous, she actually appreciates Yoona for being there for Jessica. At least Jessica isn't lonely.

"Taengoo, you really have to beat her up when you're back." Jessica whines and Taeyeon lets out a tired chuckle. "Are you really that tired?"

"Mmm." Taeyeon hums as a reply.

"Do you still want to talk?" Jessica asks, a little coldly.

"What do you want to talk about?" Taeyeon asks in her coarse voice. She was made to recite the long poems repeatedly during English lesson today and is very dry.

"Don't know. You sound like you don't want to talk to me." Jessica says honestly. There she goes again, Taeyeon thought.

"Sica... I told you I am tired..." Taeyeon speaks gently, hopes that Jessica will not misunderstand her.

"Fine then. Go and rest." Jessica says and hangs up without letting Taeyeon to have a chance to speak. Taeyeon pulls the phone away from her ear and looks at the phone screen. It is a photo of Jessica and herself. She sighs as she looks at Jessica's smiling face in the photo. What has happened?

Hey baby, I don't know why you are angry again but, I am really tired. I am not tired of talking to you or anything related to you. I am tired because of all the courses and lessons today. I really hope that you'd understand me. I miss you so much. I love you. :)

Taeyeon feels her phone vibrating but she can't even open her eyes. Before she knows, her hand drops to the side of her head and she is deep in sleep. The phone keeps vibrating, the screen flashing Jessica's name for a few times before it goes dead again.

 

 

 

 

Seoul - Jessica's house.

"She isn't picking up!" Jessica complains when she dials Taeyeon's phone umpteen times but none gets through. Yoona takes a bite off her apple and says,"Maybe she is asleep. You know. Taeyeon is really tired. Her schedule is crazy. MAD!"

Jessica rolls her eyes at Yoona and puts away her phone. It is no use to keep calling Taeyeon if she doesn't pick up. "Yoona, do you think I am being too unreasonable?"

Yoona looks at Jessica who is playing with her fingers and she stands up to walk to her bed. "I don't know. Do you?" She asks as she sits down beside Jessica.

"I feel as if she is tired of me now, even though she says she isn't. We haven't seen each other for half a year already, can you believe it?" Jessica asks in a voice louder than a whisper. She chokes when she thinks about not being able to see Taeyeon. Other than videocall that happens like once in a blue moon.

"Nah, Tae isn't that kind of person. She has never fallen in love before, as far as I know. This is her first time being so in love with you that she is even willing to take on so many challenges. Can you imagine going to an unfamiliar place to study an alien subject and speak one?" Yoona points out.

Jessica shakes her head. The thought of it frightens her. Then she feels tears welling up when she thinks about all the hardship Taeyeon is facing right now. "Do you... think that I should give in to her more?" she asks timidly

"I don't think 'no' is an answer." Yoona replies and ruffles Jessica's fringe. Jessica swats Yoona's hand away and looks up the ceiling as she thinks hard. She is really thinking even though she looks like she is just day dreaming. Yoona just lets her be as she is busy eating up all the snacks and fruits.

"I am going to meet her. I don't care. I shall find dad now." Jessica suddenly gets up and says. She opens her room door in a rush and Yoona just stares at the opened door in a daze as everything happens too quickly.

"yah sica unnie! Your dad said you can't meet her, yet, remember?" Yoona shouts after realising what's going on. She drops her hand that is holding onto an apple as she was going to bite it previously.

"I don't care!" Jessica shouts back.

"Why are you guys shouting?!" Krystal asks, shouting too.

"I don't know!" Yoona shouts.

"Stop!" Jessica shouts.

"OKAY!" Both Yoona and Krystal shout. They can't stop shouting and then they break into a fit of laughter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"NO!" Mr Jung throws the file onto his desk when he heard the request from Jessica. "I said no. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"but dad-"

"I don't want you to go and interrupt her. She will get distracted if you visit her. And, she is so busy. I don't think you will have the chance to spend time with her too." Mr Jung says sternly.

"But dad-"

"Jessica, do as what I tell you to. If you want her to be back as soon as possible, then wait. If she gets distracted, she might have to repeat the course and you'd have to wait longer." Mr Jung explains, his voice a little softer this time.

Jessica nods sadly and leaves the room. She wants to jump into Taeyeon's arms so badly but that will have to wait till another 4 and a half years later. Can you imagine it? It is like waiting for a seed to germinate then grow into a small tree. But it takes so long that you hardly notice it growing, so you ask yourself why isn't it growing? Then the next thing you realise is that you've given up on it because you're lack of patience. Does Jessica have the patience?