Chapter 5

Next Stop, Your Heart

Taeyeon's POV - Continue from chapter 3

The last time I saw her was that Friday night. It has been 5 days then. Today is Wednesday and the most busy day for me. I have lessons till late evening and I have to rush off to help my parents with their work. My parents are very traditional and they own an eatery near my school which sells noodles. Sometimes, I will invite my friends over and my parents know them well. Yuri and Leeteuk even call my parents the same way as I do.

''yah taeng, stop daydreaming. Let's hurry up and finish this equation first,'' Yuri's voice rings in my head and I blink a few times as I look at her. ''pssh, c'mon, what are you thinking about again? You'll see her soon I promise okay?'' says Yuri and she pats my head

''who knows.'' I reply and sit up properly. Right now, we are having maths lesson and the teacher said that if we could finish the ten equations, we can go for early break. Currently, we are at our last equation. And yes, Yuri and I take advanced mathematics while the rest take elementary mathematics. Well, we love maths.

''yay!'' Yuri cheers as she solves the last equation. I am just a step behind her, which is not bad. Don't you get deceived by Yuri, she may look as if she is a very playful type of person who doesn't give a damn about her studies but actually, she is the top few students in our cohort. I am just somewhere among the second notch.

We hand in our papers to Mr Oh and he's rather impressed as we finish it way faster. ''Alright, go for your break now girls.'' he says and waves us off.

Without further ado, Yuri pulls me out of the classroom after grabbing our bags and she brings me to the cafe in our school. There is no other people as they are still having lesson. Right, she looks as if she is up to something.

''do you want to eat anything?'' she asks with a Don't-You-Dare-Eat-Anything look.

I my dry lips and shake my head. She smiles in satisfaction and looks around carefully as she asks me to move closer to her. ''we've got a plan.''

I raise my eyebrows and look at her in amusement. ''what plan?''

''You dumb dumb, plan for you to get the girl.'' she purses her lips. I chuckle awkwardly and rub the back of my neck as I can feel my face getting hotter when she mentions the girl.

''well, yeah.'' I manage to find some words.. or are they even appropriate words?

Yuri rolls her eyes and checks the surrounding once again. She pulls me by my right shoulder closer to her and whispers carefully,''but we need you to take the first step.''

I widen my eyes and shift back so that i can look at her. ''what?!''

''You ain't got the balls yeah. We knew it.'' Yuri smirks and teases me

''well duh. But what do you mean by the first step? Like first step of what? '' i ask meticulously

Yuri waves at someone who says hi to her from the outside of the cafe. I swear the girl looks as if she's going to faint when Yuri beams her the charming smile. ''First step, is to ask for her name.''

''what? what if she finds me creepy? argh no it is too risky. I won't want to leave a bad impression on her.

Yuri laughs at my response and I see the girl outside fangirling when Yuri throws her head back as she laughs. What? What's so attractive about that? I think I will look like a donkey if I do that.. No one has ever told me that I am attractive alright.

''This, you don't have to worry. Remember that she chose to sit beside you on last friday night? Even though there's a drunk man, there were still plenty of seats but she sat beside you. Not in front, no behind, but beside you.'' she stops and waits for me to respond, I give her a few light nod and she continues,''so from that, we concluded that she might be interested in you.''

I am more than speechless. They just come up with a conclusion like that? What? The girl obviously didn't show any interest in me.. she didn't even look at me and say goodbye when we alighted the bus. How does that make them think that she's even interested in me? Pssh.. ridiculous

''Are you guys serious? She just sat beside me and that's like totally nothing. Besides, she didn't even say goodbye to me when we reached the stop.'' I explain and feel my heart getting a little heavy at the thought of her leaving without saying a goodbye. I mean, I can't expect much because we're still strangers but.. I really wish she did say goodbye.

''You are a dumb dumb. What does goodbye mean? It is an act of parting. So if she says goodbye to you, it means she doesn't ever wanna see you again, you get it dude?'' says Yuri and she looks at me very intensely as I am still processing her words.

''really?'' I ask without thinking much as my mind is full of the possibilities.

''Positive.'' she assures.

I immerse myself with thoughts that are making my heart race and my head spin. If their conclusion is right, then I might stand a chance. But if they're just spouting bull , then I might as well distance myself from her now on, so that I won't fall any deeper.

''Now look, they're here, we will tell you our whole plan and you will act it out. The choice is yours, buddy.'' says Yuri and she waves the rest to our table.

 

 

--------

How stupid can this be? I don't even know if she would be boarding the same bus with me at the same time and here I am, waiting for her to appear at the usual bus stop. It is 7pm now and I have been waiting for her for 2 hours already. Hyoyeon is with me as this is part of the plan. Well, this is a little ridiculous.

We're doing revision and homework near the bus stop. There's a void deck and I just can't concentrate, I am afraid that I might miss her if I get myself too engrossed in my work.

Another hour has passed and I still can't spot her. More people are streaming in and I am getting restless. Where is she? It has been five days and these five days are torturing me slowly. I know I sound absurd because I am like obsessed with a stranger, but there's something about her that captures my heart and takes my breath away. Wait, since when am I so cheesy..

''YAY! I am done with this !'' Hyoyeon cheers loudly and she throws her arms in the mid-air. I look at her without any interest and then look away to try to spot my dream girl. ''Nothing?''

''It has been three hours already hyo. Let's not wait anymore. I can't do my homework here. Let's go home now.'' I say with full of disappointment.

Hyoyeon looks at me unsurely and shifts her gaze to the bus stop, as if she knows how the girl looks like. But I really appreciate her accompanying me. I pack my bag and wait for Hyoyeon to finish packing hers. Then we walk towards the bus stop. Hyoyeon is coming home with me for dinner as she claims that she hasn't seen my parents for years. She's always exaggerating

I hold my gaze on my shoes as we walk. I am really feeling rather low. The disappointment I am getting over the few days is killing me inside. I can't seem to cheer up even though Hyoyeon keeps telling me some jokes that her classmates have shared with her. I feel bad for her as she is trying her best to cheer me up but here i am, showing no interest.

I guess it must be because of the fact that I have the strong urge to see her and my heart starts beating wildly as we reach the bus stop. Images of her are flashing in my mind. Suddenly, Christina Perri's A Thousand Years is playing in my mind. I've died everyday waiting for you.

Hyoyeon suddenly nudges me on my arm and I look at her irritably. I am so into my thoughts and she has to interrupt me. ''what?''

''Does that girl match?'' she asks as she points at a girl sitting at the bus stop.

I look eagerly and sigh heavily when the girl isn't the one I am waiting for. Hyoyeon notices my reaction and she looks apologetic as she has just brought my hopes high and crashed them hard on the ground. ''I am sorry..'' she whispers apologetically.

I smile weakly at her and shake my head. We proceed to sit down while we wait for the bus. Hyoyeon keeps asking me to describe how does the girl look like so she can help me to spot her but she is just pointing at every girl who has fair skin and brown hair. So by the sixth time she's doing it, I decide not to care.

''yah what if that's really her?'' Hyoyeon grunts and puckers her lips at the lack of response from me.

''you are just pointing at any girl you see hyo. Never mind, we will try again next time.'' I say and stand up as I see my bus coming.

''fine..'' she sighs and follows after me.

As we board the bus, she keeps tugging my sleeve and I am really running out of patience. After we find a seat, she pats my arm again and I shoot a glare at her. I thought she just wants to disturb me as she's really the queen of pranking. But my jaw drops onto the floor and my heart skips many beats when I decide to just look at the one she's pointing at.

Someone please resurrects me. I think I am having a heart attack. She's looking at some paper with a frown on her but she still looks so beautiful. The bus halts when it stops for the red light. She loses her balance and hits her arm at the pole, she grimaces as she rubs on the aching spot. My throat goes dry and Hyoyeon surely notices something.

''Is she the one?'' she asks me softly.

I simple nod as I cannot speak. My heart is racing and I am getting giddy. After five days, I see her again. Hyoyeon takes out her phone and snaps a quick shot of the girl. She is so fast that I didn't even notice her doing that when I am just sitting beside her.

''what are you doing?'' I hiss quietly.

She grins at me and sends me the picture she has just taken. I can feel myself blushing as I have her picture in my phone. Not to sound like a stalker or a creep, but I really can't help it. I am awed by her beauty.

After we alight, you will go and ask for her name. -Hyo

My phone screen lights up at Hyoyeon's message and I look at her. She mouths to me,''sms.''

I nod and hit the reply.

Won't she find me creepy or weird?

I don't think so. We've analysed your situation taeng -Hyo

yeah you guys are SO smart pssh

Hey what cha talkin' bout -Hyo

Never mind.

Come on, I will help you. Don't you want to know her? -Hyo

I want to know her more than anyone..

Then seize this chance. I am with you cousin! -Hyo

I put away my phone and smile at Hyoyeon who is already showing me her brightest smile. We sit in silence as we wait for the bus to reach the interchange. In another 20 minutes or so, I will muster up my courage and ask for her name. You can do it, Kim Tae Yeon!

 

 

 

----

The moment has come, I am getting all tensed up and my hands are getting clammy. Hyoyeon pushes me lightly to ask me to move. I in a lungful of breath and make my way out. She has already alighted and I am walking so slowly as I can hardly control my leg muscles.

''Come on!'' urges Hyoyeon and she pulls me as she runs after the girl. I am trying to catch up with Hyoyeon and we are getting nearer and nearer to the girl. She's walking at a casual speed as she reads the paper that she has been reading since she was on the bus. I guess she didn't even notice my presence.

My heart stops beating when Hyoyeon taps on her shoulder. The moment she turns to face us with a incomprehensible look, my heart is at my mouth. She looks surprised to see me and she puts away the paper as she waits for me to say something.

''Yes?'' she asks me and takes a look at Hyoyeon who nods her head politely at her. She returns the nod and then looks back at me.

''I-I uhm.. hi..'' I say. I know I am like an idiot right now.

She chuckles softly and looks at me in amusement. ''hi?'' then she continues chuckling. Her laughter sounds like a melody. Then I finally understand how the girl in our school felt like when Yuri laughed and threw her head back. She sees perfection. She felt her heart leap into .

We stand there in silence and a little awkwardness. Hyoyeon pinches my arm stealthily and I flinch slightly. ''what?'' I ask her with a look of annoyance.

After realising what I have just done, I look at the girl and see her looking at me with a small smile. I have to do something.

''uhm is there anything else?'' she asks as she sways her body a little

I shake my head and Hyoyeon mouth goes agape and eyes wide open as she stares at me in disbelief.

The girl arches her eyebrows and nod lightly. ''okay..'' She turns and walks away without saying good bye again.

Hyoyeon punches my arm with a little strength and I rub the spot where she has punched as I look at the girl's backview. What am I doing? I am not letting this chance slip away right? Please, say something Kim Taeyeon! You're a dumbdumb for sure.

I bring my right foot a step forward and then my left foot follows after. Slowly, I speed up my pace and leave Hyoyeon at the back. When I am just a few steps behind her, I call her out, ''Hey! Can I know your name? Please.''

All I know is that she turns back and looks at me with her head tilts to the side a little. Then I see her lips moving and then everything blank out. I feel myself falling into something soft. Where am I?

 

 

 

 

----------

TBC. Hi guyssssss. Sooyeon's POV will continue next. Guess what happened to Taengoo HAHA! Am I updating this new story too fast? Do y'all like this story actually? :o