Chapter 16

Next Stop, Your Heart
Jessica's POV

"Good morning sunshine," I smile at Taeyeon who is rubbing her sleepy eyes and stretching her lazy body

"W-whaaat mhhfff," she is uttering some incoherent words and I just watch her, she is so cute.

Finally, she opens her eyes and looks at her surrounding. "Where am I?"

"Taengoo~" i coo and she turns her head to the side as she follows my voice.

"Jessica?" she furrows her eyebrows and sits up simultaneously

I follow after her and move myself to be in front of her. "You took a nap on my bed, silly."

"I did?" she points to herself with a confused face. "Hmm that's so refreshing anyway. Your bed is so soft."

I giggle and fix her messy fringe. "You slept for 2 hours plus and I just watch you sleep."

"Are you serious? that's so... creepy." she fakes a disgust tone and moves away from me slightly. "But i love that." she adds on when she sees that I'm not amused.

"Are you hungry?" i ask as it is about 4pm

"After eating 7 pieces of pancakes? Uh-uh nope." She shakes her head and presses her lips together

"Yah, i made those for you," i pout and look down to my fingers

How can she complain about it? I have never cooked for anyone before, i can't even fry an egg. I made an effort to cook for her but she just..

"Aye, i was just kidding. I'm sorry," she takes my hands in hers and looks at me apologetically

I ignore her and continue to stare at our hands which are in front of our chests

"Sica?"

"Jess?"

"Jessica?"

"Sooyeon?"

I can hear her calling me but i decide to just ignore her. I'm really upset about it.

"Sica~" she calls out softly another time and I hold my gaze up to look at her.

She smiles when I look at her, "I'm sorry about it okay? i promise i won't joke about it anymore. Forgive me please?" she uses a bit of aegyo that just kills me inside out

"You better be," i say and pull my hands away.

We stay that way for awhile, just looking at each other. What does she see? Does she see my flaws? Will she still want me after knowing me?

I feel insecure all of a sudden. I have never loved before and here i am, trying to figure out what the girl that I'm in love with is thinking about.

"Oh, your hoodie," i say as I suddenly remember that. It's also a good chance to escape away from all these crazy thoughts.

Before I could jump out of bed, she grabs my wrist and pulls me back on the bed. "You can do that later. I want to watch you." she says with her eyes looking at me affectionately. I can feel my blood gushing all over my neck.

***

Taeyeon's POV

"You can do that later. I want to watch you," i blurt out when she was about to leave the bed.

I don't know what takes over me but my hand seems to have control of itself. She sits back quietly and I move to her side.

"I am afraid that once you are gone, you are gone forever." I say truthfully.

She looks at me with a pair of puzzled eyes. "I won't go away, silly."

"You just love calling me silly, don't you?" I tease and encircle her waist from the side to pull her closer to me.

"Because you're silly taengoo," she sticks out her tongue and snuggles close to me.

We fall into silence once again. This silence is comfortable now. I listen to her soft breathing and allow myself to relax my tensed body.

"Isn't it magical?" she suddenly says

"What's magical?" i ask her

"We were once complete strangers and now, we are hugging each other," she explains with a hint of shyness. I can feel her nuzzling my neck

I nod along and smile blissfully as I think back. "It is all fate."

"It is scary though." she adds

"Why?"

"Because strangers can fall in love with each other. What if the stranger you are falling in love with is not me?" she sighs

"You're the silly one now. I don't just fall in love with any stranger. To be honest, I have never loved before." I confess

She pushes herself away from me and looks at me," really? Me too! but now I'm in love."

I chuckle softly and shake my head at her cuteness. "I'm in love too."

"Really? With who?" she acts innocent

"With a girl who stole my heart on a bus?" I say and wiggle my eyebrows

"Do you know her name?" she probes and pretends to be clueless about it

"Yeap. She's a Jung. Jessica Jung Soo Yeon is her name," I smile and she snuggles close to me once again.

"I'm in love with a Kim. Kim Tae Yeon is her name," she mumbles against my neck

I grin from ear to ear and hug her dearly. I don't ever want to let her go now. "Keep the hoodie. In case you miss me, you can wear it."

"I will," she nods. "But now you're with me, i don't need a hoodie."

I chuckle under my breath and sigh blissfully. Have I ever expected all these? To be honest, no. I never thought that someone like her would fall in love with me. I don't even know what have I done right in my previous life to deserve her.

"Sica?" i call out. She hums in response and I smile,"wait for me. I will ask you to be my official girlfriend one day. Don't let other guys steal your heart away."

She giggles and nods firmly. "My heart is with you now, silly!"

"Really? Where? Why can't I see it? Jung's heart, where are you~" i pretend to search around and she pulls away from my embrace.

Our bodies part away and she looks at me assuredly. Her hand reaches out for mine and she places my hand on her chest. "Take it with you and take care of it."

I stare at my hand as I am quite stunned by her action. I can feel her heart beating, it is actually nice to feel it. "Then i shall give you mine in return." I pull her hand to my chest now.

She blushes when she feels my heartbeat. "I know this sounds cheesy but, my heart beats for you."

She nods and slowly pulls her hand away. I let go readily and cup her face with both hands.

"I love you," I whisper.

I receive a shy nod and I lean in to close up the gap in between our lips

Does she know that her lips are so tempting? Does she know that I will get drowned just by staring into her eyes? Does she know that she doesn't have to be perfect in all her ways because I will still love her endlessly?

Her eyes close slowly as we move in closer and closer. I shut my eyes as well when I can feel her breath against my lips.

"Unnie-" the door barges open and Krystal stands there with a stunned look.

We jerk away almost immediately and look away from each other. Well, this is awkward now. Fortunately, we were not in the midst of kissing, or else Krystal would be even more shocked.

"I'm sorry," she mumbles and closes the door slowly. "Please continue."

Jessica stands up from the bed and walks towards the door before Krystal could close it. "It is okay. What's the matter?"

Krystal looks at me and I avoid her gaze. This is so awkward. "The Taecyeon guy calls you."

"Alright, tell him to wait a minute." says Jessica and she closes the door hastily.

"Taecyeon calls you?" I ask. I'm not jealous at all since I know he's gay.

"Yeap. Do you mind?" she asks me. Her back is against the door and we are a distant away.

I shake my head and say with a smile,"go on."

She nods obediently and leaves the room. The room is left with me now. We almost had our first kiss. I am not blaming Krystal though, she didn't know it. I chuckle to myself as I think back about the kiss. At least I know that she was anticipating it like how I was craving for her lips as well.

I stand up and look around her room. She's quite clean, just that her study table is a little messy.

Something catches my attention. It is a calender with ticks and crosses. As I try to figure out what is it, she returns to the room again.

"He is annoying," she complains and sits down on the bed.

"Why?" I turn around to look at her as i lean against the table

"He just called to tell me that the lecturer emailed him that our assignment was well done." she rolls her eyes

"Isn't that good?" I ask with a raised eyebrow

"He could have just told me about it tomorrow. I really don't know what is he thinking about." she says bluntly.

"Don't get so worked up alright?" i smile and recall something. "Sica? what's this?" I point to the calender

She peers over and is surprised that I ask her about it. "Erm.. just something stupid."

"Tell me, I have an idea of what is it about." i say and join her on the bed.

"You do?!" she sounds so surprise again. I nod with a grin and her face is flushed.

"Okay.. the ticks are the days when I see you.. and crosses are.. you know." She mumbles and looks at the floor.

"Aww.. I am right. Never mind. You can see me whenever you want to!" I say and ruffle her fringe.

"Yah don't mess my hair." she whines and hits my hand. I pull it away and rub on the spot where she has hit even though it doesn't hurt at all.

"I need to go to the toilet," i say after awhile.

She nods and I leave the room.

***

Jessica's POV

Taeyeon's phone vibrates on my table and I check to see what is it.

It is a message from Hyoyeon. I put it beside me and remind myself to tell her about it later.

I wait for Taeyeon to come back but she's taking forever. Is she having a tummyache or something? Because of the pancakes?! oh no.

Out of my curiosity, I turn on her phone and look at the screen, it is a girl. And the girl looks like me.

Wait, it is me. When did she take this? I'm reading my notes and the background seems blurry.

"What is this?" I ask myself and try to recall when did that take place.

Then my door flings open and Taeyeon strolls in. "Is that my phone?" she asks me with a skeptical look.

I nod and she quickly runs to me to snatch her phone away. "Oh my god, you didn't see it, did you?"

"I saw everything. When did you take it?" I ask

Her cheeks are rosy red and she slips her phone into her pocket. "I... i didn't take it."

"Then?" I prompt

"Hyoyeon took it on the bus that day.. it was the day when I know about your name," she explains meekly.

I nod with my lips forming an 'o' shape. "Such a stalker." I and her face becomes even redder.

"Shall we take a photo again?" i suggest and she looks at me with her head tilts to the right.

"You don't have to snap pictures of me secretly anymore. You can just say it whenever you want," i wink and copy her words earlier on.

"Yah," she groans softly when she realises that i was teasing her a little.

"C'mon Taengoo!" I chirp

---

---

TBC.