Chapter 3

Next Stop, Your Heart

The gang is up to something for sure. They have been discussing secretly ever since the day I told them about the girl, which was two days ago. I haven't seen the girl ever since. I yearn for her to board the bus everyday. Alright, these two days. My neck is surely as long as the giraffe's neck by now because I have to keep stretching it to see if i could spot her. But, always to no avail.

Right now, I am waiting for my bus. There's hardly anyone now at the bus stop since it is quite late at night. I was doing project with Donghae and Victoria at Vic's house. To be honest, they are totally slackers. I was the one who came up with all the ideas and presentation slides, but would the teacher care? That explains why we worked till so late, or rather I alone.

I look at my watch and it hits 12am. The wind blows against my face and my hair is messed up. I hate it when this happens. I remove a wisp of hair from that was over my face and tuck it behind my ear. The headlight of the car is too bright, I can hardly see right now. Then, I hear the car zooming by and the street falls into silence again.

Soft shuffling sounds of footsteps invade the silence. I don't bother looking up as I know it might belong to some construction workers or maybe adults who have just ended their night-shifts. But, a sweet smell follows the breeze and hits me. This smell is oddly familiar.

Damn it, it is her. I thought silently as I break my gaze from her. She saw me too, but I don't intend to make any eye contact with her, it is awkward.

I fidget and play with my fingers as I am feeling extremely uptight. I can't just relax around her. The waiting seems like eternity. There's no sign of bus. There's no other people. There's just us.

I guess I am too deep into my thoughts and I haven't realised the bus has arrived. She stands in front of the entrance and then looks back,''are you coming?''

What? Did she just talk to me? Wait, I can't miss the bus. This is the last bus already.

I nod slowly and stand up too. I feel my knees getting weak as I stand behind her, ready to tap the card. The bus is empty. What on earth is going on? Don't tell me this is my friends' plan. No it can't be. Is it all fate? Oh no, I shan't think any further

She sits down near the window and I take a seat further to the back. This is the best place to observe her, I am not a freak by the way. I watch as she takes out her earphone and place them over her ears. She runs her fingers down her hair and untangle the knots. I almost can't catch my breath. What is she doing to me?

After a few more stops, someone boards the bus too and he looks a little tipsy. He stumbles and finds the seat nearer to the door, which is just in front of my dream girl. Heck, I am gonna call her my dream girl from now on. Don't judge.

Then, something catches me by surprise again. She gets up while covering her nose and mouth. I thought she was leaving already, but it isn't her stop yet. I know where she stops at alright.

She proceeds to walk further back, which is nearer to me. My heart is thumping hard against my chest, my lungs have no more capacity to expand and I feel as if I am choked when she decides to sit just beside me.

''He smells. You don't mind me sitting here, do you?'' she asks me. Then, I realise her voice sounds so angelic, so soft and sweet. Why didn't i take notice of that earlier.

I shake my head due to my inability to talk in front of someone so attractive. She simply smiles and puts back her earphone. I want to slap myself so hard for not seizing the opportunity to talk to her. I am brainless.

We sit there quietly, no she is listening to whatever songs while I am looking out of the window with my heart galloping like a wild horse. I am lucky that she's listening to songs or she might hear my heartbeat and I would be dead.

''I see you every time,'' she suddenly says and I almost jump up. I look at her with my mouth agape. She chuckles a little and takes off her earphone. Now, I am skeptical about whether she was really listening to music or not.

''I-I-I uhm me too,'' I manage to say. Well, I feel like a complete idiot now.

''really? that's good.'' she says and looks ahead.

I study her features daringly and am mesmerized by her well-sculptured jawline.

''Is there something on my face?'' she asks without looking at me. I flinch and shake my head quickly as I look out of the window again.

I hear her laughing through her nose a little and I don't have the guts to turn my head anymore. Once again, we fall into silence. The loud snoring sound from the drunk man makes it not so awkward between us

I think she feels awkward too, because she shifted slightly to the other side just now. I feel disappointed of course, but what can i do? 'hey don't move away'?

Finally, the bus comes to a halt at the interchange. She stands up and I follow after her. We didn't bother to wake the drunk man up as we wouldn't know what might happen if we did that. I am not a fighter for sure.

She walks away without saying a goodbye and again, my heart drops a little. We walk in different direction, just like the last time.

Yah Kim Tae Yeon, you're such a fool. You had the chance to ask for her name but you didn't. Who knows if you will ever see her again? ARGH.

 

 

 

-----

''I saw her last friday night.'' I say when my friends crowd around my table in the morning. They bob themselves closer to me with a look of interest and eager.

''what did you do?!'' asks Yoona excitedly.

''nothing.'' I reply and they give me poker face. ''what? You think it's easy for me to just ask for her name? Argh, try confessing to your crush first y'all.''

''wow chill~ Anyway.. what happened?'' asks Yuri and she presses her palm on my shoulder.

''we.. talked but it's nothing.'' i confess.

''YOU GUYS TALK?!'' exclaims Tiffany. Well, she's always like this. Loud.

I cover my ears to protect my eardrums of course, I still want to hear more of my dream girl's angelic voice. ''she talked to me.. I let the conversation died.''

Again, they give me the usual poker face. I swear if I could slap their face, I would.

''you have no balls taeng.'' jeers Hyoyeon.

''Well, I have none to begin with. And I didn't really know what to say!'' I throw my arms up in the air.

'' alright alright. We said we'll help you. Let's see.. now we might have to change our plan a little.'' says Yuri

------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC. Who wants Sooyeon's POV :P