Chapter 11

Next Stop, Your Heart

Jessica’s POV – Continue from Chapter 10

Life is going on smoothly now. It has been a week since we got each other’s phone number. We text like almost every day, but it is always me who initiates the conversation. It makes me wonder if she doesn’t want to talk to me some times. Sometimes…

Right now, I am working on an assignment with Taecyeon. How I wish he was Taeyeon. Yes he is another charming guy in my school but I heard he’s gay. Like I care. Gay people do exist right?

“Jessi, are you still there?” he waves his hands in front of my face and that gives me a mild shock. I glare at him like I always do and he gives me a sheepish smile as he rubs the back of his neck.

“Now where were we?” I ask as I flip through the pages. The words are making me sick.

“We were talking about this,” he points to the line on the paper in my hand and smiles.

I nod and read it again. “So what are we supposed to do?”

He looks at me with a funny look and says,” are you serious? We’ve been ‘discussing’ about it for the past 2 hours and you’re asking me this now?”

I shrug and reply,” oh well, this is boring. Who wants to write an essay on ‘How far do you agree that couples should have babies as soon as possible once they get married?’ It is up to them to decide, dude.”

He crinkles his nose when I call him dude. That even adds on more to my suspicion that he is really gay. “We study sociology for god’s sake.”

“And I thought sociology was fun.” I reply nonchalantly as I stare at the paper

He sighs and says,” Me too. But we’re only in year One, we can’t expect much. Now tell me more about your views on that. Since I have told you mine just now, when you weren’t even listening.” He clicks his tongue at the last sentence and I stick my tongue out at him playfully.

“Right… I agree? Because the population is decreasing, so… we have to increase the population or else we will be facing an ageing population, imagine everywhere you walk, you see hundreds of elderly and you’re like the only young and fit one, gosh.” I shiver at the thought and Taecyeon knocks my head with his knuckles. “OUCH!”

“that’s for not being serious enough. Alright, tell you what, since you don’t find it interesting enough to do, I will take all the job. Is it okay with you?” he asks me with his chin resting on his palm

Do you know, that most gay men are Mr.Nice? Well, I believe it now. I cheer loudly as take his hand that was supporting his chin and swing it in the air, he almost fell as he lost his balance suddenly, but I don’t care. “ you’re the best taec! Now see you I’ve got to go~”

I quickly pack up before he changes his mind, I am afraid that he will be fickle-minded like woman, you know. “wait,” he says and I slow down my packing, “I will go to your house and do, I don’t care. If my roommate sees that I am doing this assignment on my own, we will both be in deep .”

“okay,” I agree readily. He makes sense, so we pack up and get ready to go.

 

 

We walk to the bus stop and I take out my phone as I suddenly remember I haven’t checked it for quite a while. There was no message. My heart drops a little and I slip my phone back to my pocket. Why isn’t she replying me?

“Waiting for someone’s reply?” Taecyeon asks me once we reach the bus stop. I nod and look down.

“Someone you like?” he asks teasingly. I merely nod and try to ignore him as I think about the various reasons why Taeyeon isn’t replying me. She has already ended school for sure, it is like 3 pm now.

“Who is he?” he asks again.

I swallow the lump in my throat as the answer I give will not be the answer he is expecting. It is a freaking she, a girl.

“come on, I won’t let it slip out of my mouth.” He assures me and I look at him with my narrowed eyes. If he is really gay, then I can trust him for that. But if he’s straight, he will most likely be going around the whole school saying that Jessica Jung Soo Yeon is gay.

“wait, let me ask you something first,” I say. He nods and challenges me to go on. “are you… gay?”

He seems to be a little taken aback of when I ask him that, but he smiles and replies, “Yes I am. I have a boyfriend.”

I relax a little and breathe in as I try to compose what I am going to say. He looks at me as he waits for my answer. “I… like a girl. It isn’t a he, is a she.”

“holy! Are you serious jessi?” he asks me with his eyebrows raise up above the air, I am serious.

“okay, I am as serious as your relationship with your boyfriend.” I say, feeling a little offended as he doubts my words. Who would joke about their own uality? Unless you’re that immature one.

“Alright, chill ya. I never thought that you’re gay… I mean, a pretty girl like you… tonnes of guys going after you in school but you like a girl. That is like some kind of sick joke, no offense though.” He says and puts his hands up in the air.

I ignore him and hail the bus as it turns out from the corner. “wow I still can’t believe it. I hope we can be really close friends then jessi.” He says and I give him a fake smile with sarcasm intended.

“aww come on, don’t be like that. Let me tell you about my boyfriend.” He says and I suddenly become interested. Maybe he can teach me how to win Taeyeon’s heart over completely.

“okay, go on, I am listening.” I say as we sit down. The bus isn’t that crowded as it isn’t peak hour.

“His name is Wooyoung. Don’t ask me who is the man and who is the woman in our relationship, because we are both men. But he is a little girlish, so… yeah.” He says and I chuckle a little.

“We have been together for 3 years plus now, since our college year. He was a very shy boy when we first met. I remember the orientation camp, he didn’t even answer me when I tried talking to him, I thought he wasn’t interested in me because he wasn’t gay. But he said he was feeling all so dizzy when I talked to him, that’s why he couldn’t answer me.” Taecyeon recalls and smiles sweetly at his thought. I listen attentively and think back about my first meeting with Taeyeon. She ‘saved’ my life, on bus.

Oh yes, bus! Maybe I can try spotting her later on. We are nearing her school bus stop already.

“I didn’t give up. I kept trying and finally, he talked to me and I asked for his phone number. We chatted day and night, we neglected our studies a little and our results were ty when we sat for the first exam ever in our college. Then we got scolded and put into the same remedial class, that’s when we gotten even closer. Finally, one day, I asked him out for a date, then we kissed in the park. Oh yes, this is my college!” Taecyeon suddenly squeals a little when we pass Taeyeon’s college.

What the hell? The same college? Do they know each other? The bus comes to halt when it reaches the bus stop. I hold my breath in as I look at the entrance hopefully. People are streaming in but I don’t spot the girl my heart has been longing for.

We haven’t seen each other for this week. I don’t know what she has been up to. We only chat by smsing but she always replies me so slowly. It kills me a little inside.

“who are you looking for?” Taecyeon asks me as he stretches his neck to look at the entrance too.

I shake my head heavy-heartedly and say,”nobody.” I look at my phone, hoping that it would vibrate and show that there’s a new message from Taeyeon, but nothing comes in.

“Jessi, what’s yours is yours. You can’t force it and you can’t push it. Be patient, that’s all I can say. Our kind of relationship is hard and rare. You need to be persistent, test her. If she is really not interested, give up. It is better than falling deeper and getting yourself hurt even more.” Taecyeon says wisely as he gives a pat on my shoulder.

I keep quiet as I think through his words.

The bus starts moving again and I have totally given up the hope that Taeyeon would appear in front of me. I look out of the window and Taecyeon seems to understand that I am not in the mood of talking, so he keeps quiet too. But he will check on me every now and then, just to make sure that I won’t bawl on the bus because of this stupid broken heart. But I am not the kind of girl who will cry when they’re sad.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV – Parallel to Jessica’s POV in this chapter

“What’s the plan now?” I ask them.

“Wait. Don’t reply her so quickly, you have to test if she really likes you. But from what I can see, she is always the one initiating conversation with you, I guess she likes you. Now, give a tick to it, hyo.” Says Yuri.

Hyoyeon puts a tick to the box on the paper. She’s the first one to chat with you for more than 5 times.

I roll my eyes as I find it rather stupid. Right now, I have 23 ticks out of the 50 boxes. Things like She says good night and sweet dreams at night. 

She waits for your reply patiently and replies immediately afterwards even though you reply her later.

She asks you what you are doing when you two run out of topic.

She puts a lot of smiley faces when you two are texting

The list can go on and on. I am rather happy, but I dare not hold my hopes high, as we barely know each other, maybe she’s just friendly and my friends’ assumptions are wrong

“you’re reaching there tae. Don’t worry.” Says Tiffany and she gives me her eyesmile.

“I am worried that she would be tired of waiting and then stops replying me.” I say as I voice out my concern.

Yoona chuckles and says with her sudden deep voice,” don’t you worry child. You can reply her now. As soon as you like. Then we will count the number of texts you guys have in one hour, that would give another tick to the box.”

I look at where she is pointing at. 600 messages in just one hour.

My eyes almost fall out as that’s a lot. “No, that’s not what you’re thinking of. It is the total number of messages you send and receive. So each of you will need to send 300 in one hour to give it a tick.” Yuri explains.

I nod and bite my lower lip as I think about the possibility. What if she’s busy? Then that box will be a cross and that will a chance of 2% that she isn’t interested in me.

“Don’t worry. You can do it anytime. Now reply her, she is waiting for sure.” Says Hyoyeon.

I nod and quickly fish out my phone.

I am working on my assignment now. This is boring. I don’t even know why am I studying sociology. I hope I can just get out of here asap. L What are you doing now? :) -Jessica

I smile as I read the text. My friends do wolf whistling as they see my reaction. I roll my eyes at them before I type in my message.

I am sorry for late replying you. I’ve been rather busy nowadays. But I promise that won’t happen anymore. Sadly, you still have to finish your study. Hang in there :P I am going home now, how about you? –Taeyeon

Without having to wait for her text, my phone vibrates in less than a minute after I sent out the message.

You promised me that yeah. >.< Why didn’t you go home earlier? :( then we could have met each other on the bus. I am at home now, still working on my assignment, even though I am not the one doing it :P –Jessica

Really? I am sorry :( I was busy with my friends just now. Anyway, I am sure we will meet soon. You’re a lazy girl, aren’t you? But it is okay if your friend doesn’t mind :P –Taeyeon

“aye taeng, let’s go now, you can walk and chat with her still. Come on,” urges Yuri and I throw my bag over my shoulder as we saunter out of the school.

It’s okay :) Yeah, he doesn’t mind. He’s really nice. I am not a lazy girl. I am just trying to conserve my energy so that I can talk to you ^.^ -Jessica

A guy? She is at home with a guy friend? Well, if someone was to test the acidity in my body now, it is for sure a pH 0

I am feeling sour and without me realising it. I reply Oh really? That’s cool. –Taeyeon

Then I put my phone back to my pocket. “what’s wrong?” Hyoyeon asks me.

Yuri and gang have already left us as they take bus from other bus stops. Hyoyeon is the only one left with me.

“Nothing. Let’s go now.” I say as the bus comes in sight.

Hyoyeon shrugs and boards the bus before me.

I feel my phone vibrating and I take it out.

That’s not cool. You aren’t jealous, are you? :o –Jessica

I tap in to board the bus and sit down beside Hyoyeon. No I am not –Taeyeon

He’s gay, don’t worry. Please don’t be so cold to me :( -Jessica

I sigh as I realise that my jealousy has overtaken me. I shouldn’t be so rude… That’s so rude to talk to her like that.

I am sorry. I didn’t mean to. How about we meet up tomorrow? Since it is Saturday, unless you aren’t free… -Taeyeon

I don’t have to wait long before a reply comes in.

Tomorrow? Sure, what time? :) -Jessica

I am wasting no time anymore. I want to see her, I have been ‘avoiding’ her in this week because of my friends’ plan.

Let’s meet at the interchange at 10am tomorrow :) I will arrange the programme for tomorrow. How about that? –Taeyeon

Yay! Sure. Don’t be late :P –Jessica

I won’t. See you tomorrow :D –Taeyeon

Yeap see you! I am looking forward to it hehe –Jessica

Me too :) -Taeyeon

I am running out of topic to talk about. Then she replies Don’t go yet. I want us to talk more –Jessica

Have I told you about how much she makes me wonder if she ever feels the same way as I do? This girl is really driving me crazy.

I won’t go. What do you want to talk about then? :) -Taeyeon

 

 

 

 

 

TBC :D Fluffy chapter coming up! tell me about what you guys want them to do on their 'date'!  No kissing yet yeah :P