Chapter 15

Next Stop, Your Heart
A/N: phone again, i haven't been able to sit in front of my laptop to type because I'm always out. Since I'm free now, so.. enjoy! :)

Taeyeon's POV

I sent the two sisters home yesterday and met her father. Well, he looks rather amiable so I'm quite okay with him.

It is a lazy Sunday morning and like I said, I'm too lazy to complete my homework. I pull out my chair and sit in front of the laptop, not knowing what to do.

Should I text her? But it is still early, i wouldn't want to disturb her sleep. What should I do then?

I tap my finger on the table rhythmically while my other hand is supporting my chin. "Bored."

What has happened? I used to do my homework during the weekends and revise my work. Now, I will spend my time thinking about the special girl who makes my heart beat wildly against my chest. I know that I'm in love, but it feels so right and wrong at the same time.

I type in 'I'm a girl and I like a girl. why?' and Google it. Yes, i just did that.

The search results are pretty redundant. Most talk about boys who have crush on girls. Something catches my eyes. 'Problem With Identifying Your uality?'

I click on it and turn to check if my door is locked, thankfully, it is. The page is still loading, i wait patiently and just read whatever information that is available first.

"Most people say that it is a phase, but lesbians grown-ups say that they have never liked any boy in their life before, hence they are certain that they're lesbians." I read it out quietly.

I don't really like the word 'lesbian'. It sounds.. awful? Plus, i have no interest in other girls. So does that make me one?

"While you have never like a guy before, you might want to ask yourself if you have ever pictured yourself with a guy," i continue reading.

I have never pictured myself with a guy nor a girl before. So that's really like invalid to prove that I'm a lesbian.

"uality is in you. You can't choose to be straight or gay. Just give yourself some time to accept it. Share it with close friends, don't keep it to heart. Depression leads to suicidal thoughts, so chin up and be proud of yourself." I finish off the last sentence.

Well, I'm quite uncomfortable with reading this. It is like showing me I have no room to be straight, i must be gay. I AM gay.

"Why do we have to label ourselves? Aren't we all human?" I ask to myself quietly and then shut off the laptop.

I jump on to my bed and roll over to take my phone. 10 30am. Time flies.

Maybe she's awake now. I should give her a call.

I key in the numbers that I have memorised by heart. The line gets through and I wait with excitement.

"Hello..?" a sleepy voice answer

I grin brightly when I hear the angelic voice. "Good morning lazy bum."

"T-taengoo?" she asks with a hint of surprise.

This is like the first time I'm calling her and it is a wake up call, i supposed. Isn't it sweet? I chuckle at my thought and hum to reply her

"Why did you call me for?" she asks me and I can imagine her rubbing her sleepy eyes

"Can't I call you? alright then..." I fake a sad tone and I can hear shuffling sound. Maybe she has just sat up suddenly

"No! i mean.. this is the first time you're calling me. So... I'm a little... surprised?" she says and giggles a little

"Hmm... so should I call you more often then?" I ask and tap on my chin as if she could see me.

"Yes you should. Thanks for waking me up," she says and my grin grows wider

"Do you want to come over my house for breakfast?" she asks me when we fall into silence for awhile

"Anyone home?" i ask. I am not prepared to meet her father again or see her mother so soon.

"Only Krystal. Dad and mom are out. In fact, they're going overseas for business trip for about a week." she explains.

"Hmm great. Alright. I will meet you at 11?" I say and look at the clock on the wall.

"Okay! take your time though. I still have to wash up and make breakfast," she says sheepishly and I giggle.

"Yes ma'am. Now go go. I'll see you soon." I say and wait for her to end the call first.

I look at the time displaying on my phone screen. 10 37am.

She lives nearby so I won't need much time actually. I walk over to the closet and pick out a white shirt with a light blue shorts.

I put on a light perfume and then grab my phone, ready to go out. The time now is 10 45am

The bus arrives just in time when I step into the bus stop. I tap in and decide to just stand as it is only 2 stops away.

My heart is fluttering at the thought of eating breakfast with her. She is going to cook breakfast for me as well, I can't contain my elation.

I press the doorbell once and wait quietly outside. The door creaks open slowly and I am greeted by Krystal.

"Good morning Taeyeon oppa!" she sounds so cheerful

"Good morning Soojung!" I greet back as she opens the door for me.

"Unnie is making breakfast now. Do you want to watch her or sit in the living room with me?" she asks and closes the door.

"That's a good question. I'd like to watch her instead." i reply and she gives me a sad pout.

"Go to her then," she fakes a snort and sticks her tongue out at me before she sits on the sofa.

"Hmm smells good," I say as I enter the kitchen.

I know that she can't really cook. She has the recipe book on the table and she's running back and forth busily.

"Taengoo! you're here! oh god, can you please wait outside? it is so messy here!" she says hastily and gets back to her work.

She looks cute like that. "Do you need my help?" I ask and go to her side.

"Uh-uh," she shakes her head and then pushes me out of the kitchen. "Go and watch the tv with krys first. i'll be quick!"

I chuckle and sigh in contentment as I watch her returning to her work. She's frying pancakes and bacons.

"I got chased out by your unnie," i say to Krystal when she sees me sitting down beside her.

"Aha! Serve you right," she smirks and then turns back to watch her show.

"Are you guys always alone at home?" I ask curiously.

"Some time? Our parents own a medium enterprise and they have to go overseas occasionally to sign some agreements. I don't really care, as long as they don't bother me." she explains and looks indifferent

"What? You're so bad. How can you want your parents to not bother you when they just want to care about you?" I lecture her a little

"You wouldn't like them if you were one of us." she says with her nose crunches up.

"Why?" I frown

"They are over-controlling. Now that they're overseas more often, unnie and I get more freedom. If not, hah! Forget about hanging out with friends," she says and snorts

"Wow.. but maybe they don't want you to turn bad. That's why." I try to reason out

"Nope! they just don't want us to embarrass them by causing troubles outside. My mom says that we are useless because we aren't boys." she clicks her tongue

"And why?" I ask

"Because according to her, girls will get married off to the guys from other families and they belong to the husbands' side then. While boys, can help to continue running the family business and even pass on the family name." she explains with a little annoyance

"I see. I'm lucky that my parents aren't like that then." I say softly

"Now you know why. Treat my unnie right then." she says and looks at me intensely.

I gulp and nod. "I will. But we aren't together yet."

"Don't take too long to make her yours." she winks

"I won't. Does she have a boyfriend before?" I ask curiously

Krystal pauses and thinks for awhile. "Nope. She has never dated before. You're the first one that she likes, i think."

"Really?" I can't hide my happiness and just grin like a fool.

"Yes yes. Stop grinning like that. It is sick." Krystal jokes

"Yah." I roll my eyes at her. I am comfortable with Krystal because she is friendly. Unlike her sister when we first met.

"Aren't you going to check if she's done or not?" Krystal nudges me and I peer over at the kitchen

"Nah. You know your sister. When she's pissed, the world will end." I joke and Krystal laughs along.

"I heard that," a voice rings behind my head.

I gulp and turn around slowly to meet the deathly glare. "I-I was just kidding."

"You better be." she rolls her eyes at me and her mood changes 180°. "The breakfast is done, come on Taengoo."

I stand up hastily and follow behind her. Krystal is behind me and she pokes my waist playfully to tease me

"Never play with.. fire. In this case, an ice." whispers Krystal when Jessica is busy taking the plates

I shush her quickly as I won't want Jessica to hear it again and get mad at me.

"Jessica?" I call out when we settle down.

"Yes?" she asks me with her cute round eyes

"You forgot the syrup." I say

"Aish i knew i have forgotten about something!!" she grunts and pushes her chair off as she stands up.

Krystal giggles quietly and gives me two thumbs up when Jessica walks away. I wiggle my eyebrows at her and maintain my smile when Jessica turns back around.

"Now is that okay with you?" asks Jessica as she pours some syrup over my pancakes.

"They smell delicious! Thank you so much, love." I say

She drops the spoon that she was holding onto and I look at her. She is blushing like a tomato and fixing her fringe to cover her red face.

"Awww eat up. LOVE," teases Krystal and she earns herself a knock on the head from Jessica

"Hope you enjoy it then," says Jessica shyly when she turns to look at me

I smile and put one spoonful of pancake into my mouth.

It tastes heavenly, i swear. I know Krystal thinks the same too and we have quite a hard time finishing off the delicious pancakes, because Jessica is watching us carefully

According to her, she says that the pancakes taste nice. Well, I guess I'm holding the responsibility to cook in the future..

"Do you want more taengoo-ah?" she asks me when she sees that i have finished my third pancake.

"It's-" I am not able to finish my sentence and she serves me with another piece.

"Whew that's awesome unnie. I think you should let Taeyeon oppa finish your made-with-love pancakes. I'm done!" says Krystal as she gets up quickly and puts the plate in the sink after her second piece of pancake.

I throw daggers at her as she scurries to the living room. I saw her sticking her tongue out at me again when Jessica wasn't looking. Argh.

***

Jessica's POV

Taeyeon is in my room now playing with my laptop. She is such a kid.

I am writing out an essay that is to be handed in tomorrow and she just waits for me to finish it patiently as she plays her online game.

"Taengoo-ah," i call out when I can't think of anymore to write.

"Yes?" she replies without looking at me.

I keep quiet until she finds it weird that I'm not talking. Finally, she pulls her attention away from the laptop and looks at me. "Yes?"

"I can't think of anymore ideas," i pout

She gets up and walks towards me. Her right hand places on the headrest of my chair while the left one is busy checking my paper.

My breathing quickens and i can feel my heart beat accelerating.

"Wow this is harder than I thought. In college, we don't even need to link to such consequence. University must be hard." she comments and nods to herself

"It's called university for a reason." I say sarcastically and she frowns at me

"Anyway, you can always link to the development of the country. That's what I have learnt in school, at least." she says and sits on my bed which is just beside me.

I nod and try to think of the factors to write. Some ideas pop into my head and I begin to scribble them down on the rough paper first.

After about another hour, I'm finally done with the 1500 words essay. But Taeyeon had fallen asleep on my bed.

The serene look on her face calms me and takes my tiredness away. I crawl to lie down beside her quietly and watch her.

Her lips part slightly and soft whistling sound is heard when she breathes out. Her eyelids are not close together and these things make her look so perfect.

I trace my fingertips along her nose bridge and over her jawline. Does she know that she's stealing my heart away even when she is asleep?

My finger stops when it reaches her chin. She has such kissable lips, I'm tempted, but i won't steal her kiss when she's asleep. Or at least I want our first kiss to happen when she's conscious.

I shift my position to get myself comfortable and I snake an arm around her stomach. She is warm and I like her warmth.

I listen to her soft whistling sound of her breath and mine until I fall asleep next to her for the first time.

---

---

TBC.