chapter 19

Next Stop, Your Heart

Taeyeon’s POV – 1 Month Later

“Happy monthsary darling!” I chirp as soon as Jessica walks out of her school gate. She looks at me, surprised and then a blush appears on her face. Her friend who I assume is Seohyun nudges her to walk forward. I wait patiently with the bouquet of roses in my hands and a bright smile on my face.

“Thank you taengoo,” she whispers as she receives the roses from me. I grin widely when I notice that her blush is still not fading away. “Let’s go to somewhere else. There are too many people here.” She says and pulls me away after saying a quick goodbye to the girl who was with her just now.

We walk to the alley where we always meet up at and the moment she makes sure no one is around, she throws her arms around my neck and pulls me into a deep kiss. My knees almost couldn’t support the sudden weight and we almost fell to the ground. A smile creeps onto my face as we kiss, I can taste happiness in her kiss. “Thank you so much taengoo.” She says again after she pulls away and looks at the roses with much admiration.

“Anything for you,” I smile and hold her by her waist. “Shall we go over to my place? There is no one at home. I have prepared a special meal for you.” I say and let my thumbs caress the sides of her waist. She nods in response and dives in to another tight hug before our body part away.

“I am sorry about the roses though.” I comment as we start walking to the bus stop. She looks at me with a puzzled look and asks,”why?”

I wiggle my eyebrows at her and say,” because you’re more beautiful than them. I can’t find anything to match with your beauty. I am sorry.” She hits my shoulder playfully and takes a long sniff at the roses. “You’re such a sweet talker, don’t ever let me find out that you’re doing this to the girls in your school.” She sends me a deathly glare and follows by a sweet smile. I stick my tongue out at her and take her hand in mine when I see that our bus is coming. “Let’s run!” I say loudly as I look back for a split second to smile at her.

“That’s crazy!” She pants after we board the bus successfully. This is the first time I am running after a bus. Usually, I’d be too lazy to run and I’d rather wait for the next bus even if I had to wait for 20 minutes. I have found her a seat next to a man who doesn’t look evil, the bus is too crowded so there’s no other seats left for me. I don’t want her to stand and torture her legs so I stand beside her quietly. “Don’t you want to sit?” she asks as she tugs on the hem of my shirt lightly and looks up.

I shake my head with a light smile and say,”it’s okay. I want to stand beside you.” She chuckles softly and continues holding onto my shirt, as if we would be separated if she loosened the grip. Nonetheless, I still feel happy that she’s right beside me.

A moment later, the bus becomes even more packed, I have to shift a little inside and Jessica’s hand is no longer holding my shirt. I saw her pout as I looked back before I shift aside. She is so adorable. I keep an eye on her just in case she faces any trouble. But the bus ride goes on smoothly and peacefully.

Until the girl beside me bumps onto my shoulder when the bus halts suddenly. Isn’t this scene a little too familiar? I help her to steady herself and she thanks me softly after that. I tell her to hold onto the pole and she gives me a smile that I can’t fathom.

Jessica’s POV

I saw everything. How could she do this to the girl she doesn’t know? I mean, we were once like that too but argh, her girlfriend is just around her like not more than 10 feet away?! It isn’t that I am jealous, you know? It is just that, well fine I am jealous. Who doesn’t get jealous when someone else smiles at your girl?

We alight at the interchange and I wait for her to come to me. She has this huge grin on her face, because I saw her giggling with the girl just now. It must be the girl. Heck it. I am going to ignore her. Who cares about our first month together now?

“Sica-ah, let me carry your bag for you,” she says as she tries to take over my bag. I shrug her hand off my shoulder and fasten my pace. I heard her jogging up to me and she taps on my shoulder. I glance back at her reluctantly and she is kind of shocked to see my stare,”what’s wrong?”

I roll my eyes and groan softly, she doesn’t even realise that what she did on bus was so wrong? Fine. “You will find it out yourself.”

We walk to her house quietly and she just remains quiet as we enter the house. I see that the ingredients are all on the dining table and I feel a little eager to try her culinary skills but I am still sour over the incident on the bus.

“You can put your stuffs in my room..” she says quietly. I can see that she has this dejected look on her face and I really want to just hug her but no, I am not going to lose it. I walk to the room that she is pointing at and put my bag on her bed.

Then, I go out of the room after I peek at what she is doing in the kitchen. She’s working diligently and it puts a smile on my face. Maybe she was just having a friendly talk with the girl? Or maybe they knew each other? But it can’t be. Okay fine, my jealousy is building up again.

Taeyeon’s POV

I don’t even know what have I done wrong and she ignores me all of a sudden. I am trying to recall what did I do but I can’t think of anything that would make her angry. This is seriously annoying. I have never thought that our first month would be spent this way. Her silent treatment is killing me.

“owww!” I hiss in pain as the hot pot scald my finger. I quickly run some cold water over the burnt area and the next thing I know, Jessica runs to me and holds onto my finger as she checks on the wound. “Yah you… how could you be so careless…” she mumbles as she blows air on to my finger. It makes my heart beats fast and she kisses it tenderly. I grin triumphantly when she cares about me again.

“Be careful next time, you pabo..” she looks at me with her worried eyes and I grin widely back at her. After she realises what she is doing, she releases my hand immediately and walks off as she says,” I am just… worried that you might burn yourself and your parents are going to blame me for this.” She sits herself onto the sofa and I continue to grin as I walk towards her.

“You care about me.” I say and poke her shoulder. She ignores me and continues to look around my house. “I am sorry if I have done something wrong just now.” I apologise and her ears prick up. “I am sorry to make you angry about it.”

“You better be sorry. Who on earth talks to other girl in front of her girlfriend that way?” she says sarcastically. I raise my eyebrow as I finally know what the reason behind all these is. She is jealous. My girl is jealous.

“you’re jealous?” I ask even though I am positively sure that she is.

“No I am not.” She denies and looks away from me. I chuckle and she looks at me irritably. “Stop laughing will you? You are the one who is in the wrong!”

I stop my laughter immediately and play with her hair even though she keeps swatting my hand off. “Is it wrong to tell people that my girl is sitting a distance away from me and she’s looking beautiful when the sun light beams on her angelic face?” I ask and wait for her to response. She has stopped pushing me away and her cheeks become flush.

“w-what?” she asks me shyly as she looks into my eyes sheepishly. I giggle at her cuteness and say,” I told her that you’re my girlfriend and I find you so beautiful. I didn’t know that it is wrong to do that.”

She hits me on my shoulder and ‘scolds’,”how could you go around telling people about it? What’s more is that she is a stranger, taengoo.” I give her a quick peck on the lips and then reply her,” It doesn’t matter. I just want everyone to know that you’re mine. I am happy to be with you, darling.”

Her blush goes into a deeper shade and I watch her in amusement. “don’t be jealous anymore okay? I love you Jessica Jung.” She huffs softly and pushes me away. I hold onto her wrists to stop her from doing so and I say firmly,” I would never look at another girl when I have the best girl in the world already. You don’t have to worry. My heart is all yours. You’re the first on to step into my heart and I promise you’ll also be the last one.”

She nods as she sees how serious I am and I lean in to kiss her. But something doesn’t smell that nice. Is it her? No it can’t be. I pull away and sniff around. “ Do you smell something?” She looks at me and nods weirdly. Our eyes dart to the kitchen and we see soot coming out from the pot.

“!” I curse and quickly run to the kitchen. “ Argh my soup!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC :D Sorry for not updating for so long.