Chapter 33

Next Stop, Your Heart
"Taeyeon-ah... I'm wrong... I know I am... will you please call me back?"

"Taeyeon-ah, I miss you. It has been 87 days since I last saw you. Don't ignore me please?"

"Taeyeon-ah, it is the 156th day that you're ignoring me.. I really miss you... can you please call me back?"

"Taengoo... i miss calling you that... i know you hear every single message fron me... i know... please don't be mad anymore... i know I'm wrong. I... i love you."

"Taeyeon-ah... Dad said you're coming back next month, I'm so happy, do you know that? I miss your face, your scent, your laughter, your warmth.. everything about you. The days without you here are killing me.. i still love you Taengoo.."

Jessica ends the voicemail after she finishes recording her message. Ever since she was discharged from hospital, she makes sure she calls Taeyeon everyday. At first, Taeyeon didn't pick up, so Jessica left a voicemail. But it has become a daily routine for Jessica. She will call Taeyeon everyday.

Yoona and her have kept a distance, but they're still in contact. Yoona is attending university now so she barely has the time to hang out so much like before. Jessica misses her, because without Yoona, she's lonely again. She listened to her father who told her that if she wants Taeyeon back, she has got to be strong, so that she can fight for Taeyeon.

She lost a lot of weight in the first month after Taeyeon left, it pained Krystal, as well as Mr Jung and uncle Jung. Then Mr Jung showed Jessica an email sent by Taeyeon. It was actually sent to Mr Jung but he showed to Jessica. It said that she hoped Jessica would not do silly things that will harm herself and it pains her to see her being harmed. Jessica gained back her will to live and she still believed that Taeyeon still loves her.

"Unnie, can I come in?" Krystal asks softly when she sees her sister resting on the bed. Jessica opens one eye and nods at Krystal who happily comes into the room.

"Unnie, there's this person I want you to meet." Krystal says shyly and pulls on the bed sheet. Jessica arches an eyebrow and sits up when she sees that her sister is being weird.

"Who is it?" Jessica asks, her arms are folded to the front.

"Do you still remember Minho? The bodyguard who worked for that evil witch?" Krystal asks without looking at her sister.

Jessica nods and narrows her eyes at Krystal. "Are you going to tell me you're dating him?"

Krystal quickly waves her hands in front of her sister and shakes her head violently. "No no! but I'm dating someone..." Krystal mutters the last sentence as she looks away.

"Just tell me already." Jessica says, annoyed that her sister is being wishy washy

"Minho oppa's friend's sister." Krystal says carefully. Of course, she says that she was straight. But everyone is straight until they meet someone who makes them gay. Maybe just for that someone.

"Who?" Jessica asks after letting the information sinks into her head.

"Minho oppa's friend is Jonghyun... Jonghyun has this sister-"

"Tell me the name. N-A-M-E name." Jessica demands

"Liu Yi Yun," Krystal says happily and claps her hands together, putting them under her chin as she looks at her sister dreamily.

"What kind of name is that?" Jessica gives a dirty look at Krystal. Krystal pushes Jessica's shoulder and whines.

"She's a chinese actually. Jonghyun's mom remarried and gave birth to Amber. Ok Amber is Yi Yun," Krystal explains and spreads her arms wide as she smiles to herself.

"You're weird.." Jessica purses her lips and lies back down the bed. "Cherish her then.. don't neglect her feelings, don't play with other friends too much, try to understand her, make sure-"

"Yah unnie... i know what to do... you... still can't get over Taeyeon oppa?" Krystal asks, tilting her head to the side.

Jessica gives a small sad smile and says," how can i get over my first love? what's more is that... I'm hers.." Jessica blushes and Krystal blinks her eyes as she doesn't get it.

"Why is your face so red?" Krystal asks

"Is it?!" Jessica touches her cheeks and she feels warm. "Okay nevermind forget it."

"You're weird..." Krystal takes her revenge now and smirks. "She's coming back next month, isn't she?"

Jessica nods and sighs. She doesn't have any comments.

"Are you.. are you going to win her back?" Krystal asks

"I am." Jessica replies firmly. "But i don't know if she still loves me..." she sighs and presses her lips together as she thinks about what if Taeyeon has found someone else.

"Actually, oppa didn't say that you two have broken up right? Maybe she still loves you." Krystal points out.

"She didn't say that. But she doesn't reply to my voicemail. She doesn't pick up my call. She hates me.." Jessica whispers the last part.

"I don't think she hates you unnie. Whatever it is, I've got your back. I will help you to win her back." Krystal winks.

"How?" Jessica laughs sadly.

"I can charm her into your bed." Krystal says seductively and Jessica smacks her sister's head.

"Don't be silly." she laughs when she sees her sister's pout. "Anyway, bring the Amber here soon."

"She's not the Amber. She's my Amber." Krystal grins and earns another knock on the head from her sister.

***

Taeyeon opens the voicemail from Jessica and listens to it. She misses the girl's sweet voice. She misses her scent too. She misses everything about her. But something stops her from going back to Jessica.

Is it because she doesn't trust Jessica enough when she said that she had only hugged Yoona before? Or is it because she thinks that the two gang up and lied to her? What if they had done something more and they're even doing it now?

Taeyeon groans in frustration and goes to take a cold shower after a long day. The business she's managing now has progressed to become a medium enterprise. She has a rather stable income and good life now but she wants to go back to Korea so badly.

The Korean girl who once knew nothing about English has become so fluent in the language and even has British accent. This makes her sound even more appealing. She has lots of suitors in London but she sees nothing in them. She compares them to Jessica and finds them not good enough. How can you love someone else when your heart has already found an owner?

"I miss you too.." Taeyeon mumbles as the cold water sprinkles on her face. She shivers at the coldness and shakes her head as she tries to stop anymore thoughts about Jessica. But she can't.

"Why is this so hard for us? After one year... i thought i could get over you.. but i can't.. I can't sica-ah.." she says quietly and her tears fall out. The tears mix with the water and wash away her pain temporarily. It makes her feel better even just for awhile.

***

"Goo-good morning!" A boy greets Jessica nervously when she opens the door. It is bloody early, like 8am in the morning and he has to ruin her beauty sleep.

"Who are you?" Jessica yawns and looks at the boy lazily.

"I-I am Amber." The boy bows and says.

"Huh? I thought Amber is a girl... Are you sure?" Jessica asks and looks at the 'boy' in front of her under her scrutinizing stare.

"Y-yes. C-can I c-come in?" Amber asks politely

"Okay." Jessica steps aside and Amber walks in carefully, not wanting to have any physical contact with the girl.

"Amber!" Krystal shouts when she sees Amber on the sofa. She runs down the stairs and jumps onto Amber who doesn't even have the time to react.

"Excuse me. I'm still here." Jessica teases but Amber thought Jessica didn't like it. She quickly pushes Krystal off her and Krystal falls off the sofa. "Ouch! Stupid!"

Amber apologises profusely as she helps Krystal to get up. She checks if there's any injuries and Jessica watches them in amusement.

"She looks like a boy." Jessica comments.

"Yeap. But she's pretty too unnie. And handsome. How can she be so perfect!" Krystal says dreamily which makes Jessica shiver and Amber blush.

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep back. Enjoy your time alone~" Jessica says and walks upstairs. She peeks at the two surreptitiously and sees Amber doing everything that Krystal asks her to. "She's so whipped." Jessica chuckles.

It is the time of the day again.

Jessica keys in the familiar number and waits for it to ring till it reaches voicemail. She thought no one would pick up.

"Hello?" The voice she has been missing says over the line. Jessica's phone drops to her bed and she hears a soft "hello?" again.

She quickly picks it up and puts it to her ear. "H-hello Taengoo."

The call becomes silent, Jessica pulls away and sees that it isn't ended yet. She puts back to her ear and waits for Taeyeon to say something but all she can hear is heavy breathing.

"T-taengoo..?" Jessica calls out meekly and she hears Taeyeon moan. Her phone drops to her bed again as she can't believe what she has heard. She ends the call immediately and starts seeing things blurry. She feels something warm trickling down her cheek and she wipes it off.

She keeps wiping them until she gives up. She starts crying silently and hugs her blanket close to herself. Why? Why does it hurt so much to think that Taeyeon has someone else now?

---

---