Chapter 25

Next Stop, Your Heart

Double Update. Love me guys haha kidding. Enjoy :)

 

Krystal's POV - The night when TaengSic flew off.

"Krystal," the front door swings open and two familiar figures appear afterward. My dad is finally back from Japan! "Daddy!" I chirp and run towards him to hug him. He chuckles manly and pats my head as he asks me,"how are you? Where's Jessica?" I freeze in his embrace when I heard unnie's name. Uncle is standing beside us and he pretends as if he has no idea of what's going on. Yeah, that poker face that runs in the Jung

"She's resting at upstairs." that woman replies coldly and takes off her coat. "She hasn't been feeling too well."

What a liar. You're the one who made unnie sick. "I am talking to Krystal, not you." dad says with equal coldness. I stand there, not knowing what to do as the two of them start bickering again. Uncle signals me to go up my room and I obey him. "Krystal!" I hear that woman calling me and I stop in my track. "Bring him to see your sister. I help him to take care of this family when he's away and this is what i get! hah!" She sneers and my father ignores her.

"Come on Krys, let's not care about her." dad says and pushes me to go up the stairs first. I keep in mind of what uncle has instructed me to do and I can feel sweat forming on my forehead as we are nearing unnie's room. "Jessica, can daddy come in?" dad asks to basically no one. I just stand there, pretending that I don't know about unnie's absence in the room.

After a few minutes of constant knocking and calling, dad just enters the room. He is so surprised when he sees that the room is empty, but messy. "oh my, what happened? Yonghwa!" Uncle quickly rushes up the room as what he has expected and he doesn't even look at me. I just stand there, acting to be surprised too. Then a few seconds later, the witch appears in unnie's room too.

"Where is she?!" she asks and I pretend to be confused. "Krystal Jung, tell me where is she!" She storms towards me and points her finger at me.

"I don't know!" I reply her and look at dad helplessly.

"Yah, what's with the harsh tone. She said she doesn't know." dad pauses and pulls me behind his back. "Yonghwa, what's wrong?" he asks uncle.

"I have no idea hyung. I remember I told Soojung to take a nap in the afternoon because she was tired of taking care Sooyeon all night. The guards were changing shift too so there's no one around the house basically. I have no idea what happened." uncle lied.

"What? Did you see anyone coming in though?" dad asks.

"I don't think so. I was resting too in the afternoon. We have surveillance cameras installed. Do you want to take a look at it?" uncle suggests.

"of course!" the witch replies immediately and calls people to play the recorded tape.

I am praying so hard that nothing will crop up and I heave a sigh of relief when the surveillance camera didn't catch anything at all. Uncle is too smart and he has obviously planned everything nicely since he is in charge of the house. "Someone call her please." dad says after watching the tapes.

"Her phone is in her room. I am afraid we can't contact her through any form." Uncle says and frowns.

"Is she trying to be funny? She's leaving to America in two days time and she just goes missing like this?!" the wtich exclaims and hits the table furiously. The men at the back flinch but I stand arrogantly. "What do you mean by she's leaving to America in two days time?" dad asks.

Checkmate. She is so dead. "Why? I am marrying her off to the Kim's son. You have any problem?" she replies slyly and dares my dad to snap back at her.

"You! How could you just marry my daughter to anyone?!" Dad grunts and points his finger at the woman angrily. I can see that his face is all red and the veins on his neck are popped up.

"It's for our own good. She's old enough to get married anyway." the woman says as if it isn't any big deal.

"Old enough? She's just 19 this year for god's sake! How can you do this! I don't agree!" Dad states firmly and slams his fists on the table.

The woman looks at him from the corner of her eyes and replies coldly, "It isn't up to you to decide." Then, she leaves the room. Dad just stands there, breathing angrily and I can see his back heaving up and down as he breathes.

"dad..." I call out and rub his back, hoping to calm his anger down. He takes in another deep breath and slowly turns to look at me. "Krystal, is she doing this to you as well? Tell me honestly. No, tell me everything!" I flinch when I see his fiery look but nonetheless, I still tell him everything that happened when he was away. Including the fact that Jessica has a girlfriend. He seems to be okay with it though and he had to ask me to stop for awhile when I told him that the witch pushed unnie on the floor, resulting in spine injury that hinders her movements. I can sense another war coming. This time, is an unstoppable war.

 

 

No One's POV - Ottawa

"Good morning," Jessica greets the woman who opens the door and the two young girls bow to the woman politely. The woman flashes a smile and quickly waves them in. "Please take a seat." she says in perfect Korean. Taeyeon is so surprised that she has her jaw dropped and can't react when Jessica calls her a few times.

"Taengoo!" Jessica hits Taeyeon's lap which makes Taeyeon jump up from the couch. "BoA unnie is waiting for you to introduce yourself properly." Jessica whispers to Taeyeon and Taeyeon quickly turns to the woman who named BoA.

"Oh good morning unnie. My name is Kim Tae Yeon and I am 18 this year. Nice to meet you." Taeyeon greets politely and she smiles when BoA nods at her.

"So... the both of you are the one YongHwa mentioned about? I see... Don't worry about your stay here, I will take care of the both of you. I am sorry about what happened though." BoA says and she places her hand on top of Jessica's.

Jessica smiles at her lightly and replies, "It's okay. And thank you unnie." Then, BoA shows them their room and gives them new phones so that they can contact one another easily. Taeyeon is made to not use her Korean name as it is very easy to trace so the name that Jessica made for her comes handy.

"Yonghwa said he will transfer money to you every month and that you don't have to work here. But I can still enroll the both of you to school if you want to." BoA says and Taeyeon looks at Jessica. "I don't think I can. It is English educated here and I will not be able to catch a single thing of what's going on." Taeyeon admits shyly.

"I see. How about you Jessica?" BoA asks and Jessica contemplates for awhile before she shakes her head too. "I don't think it is a good idea. I don't want to leave Taeyeon alone here while I go to school for such long hours." Taeyeon smiles in delight when she hears that but she feels guilty too that Jessica has to stop studying for her. "You don't have to do it you know..." Taeyeon says softly and looks down on her laps.

"I want to do it. Come on, smile~" Jessica coos and lifts the corners of Taeyeon's lips up with her thumbs. Taeyeon sighs and gives her a forced smile. "Are you tired?" she asks Jessica and Jessica nods.

"Ah, go take a rest first and dinner will be ready at 6 30 pm alright? It must be tiring for the both of you." BoA says and gets up from the couch to walk to the kitchen.

"I am sorry for causing you so much trouble unnie." Jessica bows and apologises. BoA turns back and chuckles, "Don't be. You a YongHwa's niece and so you're my friend. Friends should help each other!" she smiles which make Taeyeon and Jessica feel more relieved.

 

 

 

"I miss my family already.." Taeyeon mumbles and looks at the ceiling. Jessica is lying just next to her and she looks at Taeyeon worriedly. "Yah... don't be so sad. you're making me sad too.." she pouts and sighs.

"I am sorry." Taeyeon apologises and looks at Jessica who is already looking at her. "What are we going to do here? Wait for uncle Jung to call us back? What if they can't sort things out?"

"I... don't really know... We're just finding a place to hide first. I didn't think so much. I am sure uncle will work things out with dad. Maybe dad will divorce her and everything will be peaceful again!" Jessica says sadly and pretends to be cheering.

Taeyeon tucks a strand of hair behind Jessica's ear and says, "I don't think it will be so easy... Uncle Jung said the woman is capable of doing anything. What if she tracks us down and brings you back to Korea? What if she forces you to leave me again?"

"Why are we saying as if she is such a bad person." Jessica chuckles sadly. "But she is... I didn't know that she is the type of person.. I thought she just expected more from Krys and I. I didn't know that she is so harsh because she isn't our real mother." Jessica snuggles closer to Taeyeon and buries her face into Taeyeon's shirt as she clenches onto the shirt tightly. 

"Everything happens for a reason. I believe your father will sort things out. I doubt that a man can tolerate a woman like your mom for too long, even though he has been doing this for almost 20 years.." Taeyeon sighs and Jessica's hair.

The two of them move to a more comfortable position and Jessica continues, "Sometimes... I wonder what happened if I just obeyed to whatever she says. If I agreed to have driver to send me to school, I wouldn't have to take a bus everyday and I wouldn't have met you. Sometimes... just sometimes... such thing creeps me out."

"The world is full of wonder. If I was born into a richer family, I doubt I could meet you too." Taeyeon says and chuckles at her own words.

"It just scares me how if I didn't meet you, I wouldn't know what falling in love means." Jessica mumbles into Taeyeon's shirt. Taeyeon just keeps her hair until the both of them let the lethargy takes over them.

 

 

 

Yuri's POV

"What? Are you serious? No I don't know about it. I am sorry to hear that... no she didn't tell us anything.. Ok ok I will. Good bye." I hang up the phone and Tiffany looks at me questionably. "Taeyeon's mother. She called to ask if I know where is Taeyeon. She's missing." I say to her and take a seat beside the confused girl.

"Why?" Tiffany asks me and sits facing me.

"I don't know. I haven't heard from her for awhile. I have no idea why she just disappears like this." I say, dumbfounded too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC