Chapter 4

Next Stop, Your Heart

Jessica's POV - Parallel to Chapter 1

Everyday is the same. I have just started my university life. Every weekday, I will attend my lecture and go home at late evening. This actually . The bus is always so crowded around this time. I can hardly find a seat and the ride back home is always so long.

There, the bus arrives and argh, the people are pushing around just to board the bus. I hate this. I just hate everything. Finally, I manage to get on the bus as well and to be considerate, I move back as much as I can.

After awhile, the bus halts all of a sudden and I lose my balance of course. I tried to reach over the pole but one man just steps up and blocks my reach. Oh , i am going to fall so badly. AHHHHHHH

Wait, am I on the floor now?

It doesn't feel like the cold hard ground. I feel someone tappping on my shoulder and I open my eyes slowly. A girl is standing face to face in front of me and I stare into her black orbs. I am not on the ground. I am safe! She saves me. Her hand is still on my left arm and it feels warm. Somehow, the bus doesn't feel as crowded anymore.

Have I told you that we are standing so closely? I can even count the number of eyelashes she has. I am not the humorous type of person and I don't really like to talk to anyone. So pardon me.

She seems to be realising that we are standing too closely together and she tries to move back but to no avail. The bus is really packed, I am serious. Her hand left my arm awhile ago and the cold air hits the area where she has touched. Is it okay if I actually miss the warmth?

I stare out of window as I am really too lazy to think about anymore. I am tired as hell because of all the lectures today. I can't be bothered with anything around me right now and I don't even care if her body brushes mine when the bus moves and halts.

She is listening to her iPod like as if the world is transparent. I like that. She's almost like me, I can't really care about my surroundings. That explains why I didn't move in anymore when the bus starts getting less packed. Yes I know I am not considerate but I am really tired. My spot right now is the best place to stand as I don't have to worry about falling.

I thought I saw her glancing over at me when I look from the corner of my eye. But when I really look at her, she is looking at her iPod. I shake off my thoughts and look out of the window again with my straight face on.

After what seems like an eternity, the bus finally reaches the interchange and I tap out. I drag my tired body back home and decide to just finish my assignment first before I take a shower.

My phone screen lights up as there's a new message. It's from Seohyun. I smile as I open the text.

hey are you home right now? -hyunnie

yeap why? -sooyeon

nothing. I just want to ask if you want to have breakfast tomorrow :) -hyunnie

hmm yes sure. what time? -sooyeon

let's meet up at 8am. see you! -hyunnie

That's my best friend. She has been my friend ever since high school and we are taking the same major. She's a very serious type of person while I am just.. a little carefree maybe? But I do work hard too.

Right.. so now I have to complete my assignment and then hit the hay. I have to wake up early tomorrow for breakfast.

 

 

---------

Jessica's POV - Parallel to Chapter 2

It's bloody 7am and I have overslept. Seohyun is gonna get so upset at me. I take a shower hurriedly and pick out a simple dress. I didn't bother to do my hair and just comb them neatly, I wonder if anyone would think that i have had my hair done because today is a good hair day! Thank god!

I rush out of my house and I catch the bus just in time! Bus 189, the usual bus I always take. Sometimes I take bus134 because it's shorter trip, but more packed.

I move to the back and there, I spot someone familiar. She's listening to her iPod again. Why is she always listening to music on bus? I don't do that. Is she autitic or something?

She is sitting so closely to the window and seems as if she doesn't want anyone to get close to her. But there isn't really a choice for me, it is either I stand or sit beside her. As I do not wish to torture my legs for the long bus ride, I decide to just sit beside her. She shifts a little and looks at me with a look of annoyance.

What? Am I that annoying or something?

I thought and roll my eyes a little at her before I look ahead. I know right now, I have the darkest aura around me ever.  yes, to tell you guys the truth, I am unfriendly too.

She just keeps fidgeting non-stop throughout the whole bus ride and I am seriously running out of patience. I feel like just asking her to sit still and behave properly. But just when I wanted to tell her to do so, she presses the bell and stands up hastily. So she is from this school.. hmm interesting.

She looks as if she is in a hurry or something and she almost stepped on my shoe! I just stare at her and she just leaves with a look of worry. I guess she is quite apologetic but she didn't dare to apologise because I am really looking very unfriendly. She can count herself as lucky as if she stepped on my shoe, I would really scream her head off. My precious shoes. Seohyun gave it to me for my birthday gift last year.

Well, the bus starts moving again and I shift in to the seat the girl sat before. I watch her walking towards the school gate and somehow, i get a weird feeling at my chest when she disappears from my vision.

 

 

 

 

TBC :D SOOYEONNNNNNNN