Chapter 13

Next Stop, Your Heart
A/N: Again, using my phone because i don't want you guys to hang in the mid-air, dying :P

---

Jessica's POV

"How's the movie?" she asks me once we walk out of the theatre.

"Good. I've always liked Nicholas Sparks' books anyway," i reply and give her a small smile.

I dare not look into her eyes now because of something that happened earlier on halfway through the movie.

"Anyway... I'm really sorry about just now," she says as we walk slowly along the aisle

"N-never mind." I just want to dig a hole and jump into it right now. It's so embarrassing for me

"O-okay. Now we shall go to the underwater world, it's just nearby," she says as she slips her phone back to her pocket. I think she has arranged and planned today's events nicely. That's so sweet of her.

----

Taeyeon's POV

I almost died when that incident happened. It is making my heart galloping like a wild horse right now. I need to control my hormones.

I was shifting a little as our position got me a little uncomfortable. My hand slipped and touched her... .

Who knows that i have a naughty hand right? I quickly apologised to her and repelled away. We stayed distant from each other after that. It's awkward.

I remember I could see her crimson red cheeks even under the dim light. You can tell how embarrassing it was for the both of us.

"Stop thinking about it. I'm really okay with it since you didn't do it intentionally," she says as she sees my troubled look. "Or did you?" she adds on playfully.

I chuckle nervously and say,"you're thinking too much, girl."

"Right then. So are we supposed to take the free shuttle bus or cab again?" asks Jessica as she glances through the bus service board.

"Hmm.. the bus will be crowded at this time. So we shall take a cab. Is that okay with you?" I ask and look at her.

She squeezes the soft toy with her left arm and nods cutely. I'm dying, people.

We stroll to the waiting area for cab and I see her fanning herself with her hand.

"Are you hot?" i ask and I just realise she still has my cardigan on.

"You think I'm hot?" she teases and pushes the soft toy to me. I watch as she takes off my cardigan. "Stop looking. Put it on, you're too y like that."

I grab my cardigan hastily and put it on sloppily. My heart is thumping wildly at her words. She may be joking but that's the effect she has on me.

"Come on," i say as a cab stops in front of us. Again, i open the door to let her in first.

"To the underwater world please," she says to the driver. I close the door and smile as we make eye contact.

"Can you tell me more about yourself? since you hardly talk.." she says directly.

"Oh.." I nod and frown as I try to think of what i can say about myself. "I... have 7 close friends only."

"Who are they?" she asks

"Uhm.. Yuri,Yoona,Tiffany,Sunny,Hyoyeon,Sooyoung and Leeteuk." i name them out and show her my fingers.

"That's cool. I only have got one. Seohyun." she says coolly.

"Why don't you try making more friends?" i ask curiously. Having one close friend only is really ridiculous for me.

"I don't really like to open up to people." she explains. "But for you, it's different."

My breathing hitches and I my dry lips,"that's... good." I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Taeyeon." she calls out.

"Hmm?" i hum without looking at her. I can't look at her right now. I don't want her to say that she wants to be friend with me and that's all.

"Taeyeon, look at me." she says sternly.

I turn my face to the side slowly and look at her with my mind flooding with millions of questions.

"There's something i want you to know," she says.

What? does she want to say that she knows I like her and she just wants us to be friends because this kind of relationship isn't allowed?

"G-go on." i say as I try to maintain the eye contact. This is killing me.

"I-"

"That would be $ 3.50 please," the driver cuts her sentence off.

I heave a sigh in relief and fish out my wallet hastily to hand the driver the money.

"Come on," i urge her as I open the car door on my side. I wait for her to walk over to my side and force a smile on my face. "Let's go in now!"

"Taeyeon, i haven't done talking." she says as she pulls my arm. She's strong, i can't even move my arm.

"Alright. Continue please," i say with my heart pounding against my chest which makes it hard for me to breathe.

We are standing in front of the entrance and people are walking in and out. Of course, there will be people looking at us as we are a little awkward.

"Let's go to the side," she says as she pulls me to the side. I stumble a little but manage to steady myself.

"There's something i want to tell you. I don't know when is the appropriate time because we have just met but i feel like this is it." she says and i furrow my eyebrows. She's speaking alien language, isn't she?

"From the moment I saw you, everything changed." she breathes out nervously. "I'm not sure if you'd return this feeling of mine but.. there's something that tells me you do."

I think i understand where she is heading to. No, i don't want her to say it. Please.

"No! please don't say it." i say as I shut my eyes.

I'm trying to calm my nervous mind down and i open my eyes gradually. "You don't have to say it."

She remains quiet as she watches me doing whatever thing to calm myself down.

The bead of perspiration trickles down my forehead and she takes out a piece of tissue paper to wipe it off. "I know you know what i meant, Taeyeon. Let's not run away from it."

I look into her eyes to search for an answer. Her gaze shows me care. Her action shows me love. What is it that is holding me from saying the thing she wants to hear?

"I know it is too fast. But you can't control your feeling." she continues and lowers her hand after she's done wiping away my perspiration.

"I don't know, Jessica." i say and swallow the lump down my dry throat.

"You don't have to know. Just follow your heart. I'll give you time. Believe me." she smiles and walks over to the dustbin to throw the tissue paper

I look at her back with my query eyes. Will she be able to stand those weird stares from the people in the future if i tell her my answer?

Will our parents accept it? Do we have to fight for it? I'm not a fighter, I've told you that before. This feels like the beginning of a losing battle.

"Shall we go in now?" she asks and links her arm with me. I manage to lift a smile on my face and nod.

***

"Oh my god! look at the nemo!" she exclaims as she points at the school of clown fish.

I laugh heartily and ,"that's not nemo you silly. They're called the clown fish."

"I don't care. They're nemo to me. Ah! I will be nemo and you'll be Dory! then you'll come and find me," she says with her playful look.

"Sometimes, i wonder if you're really older than me," i tease and she slaps my arm lightly.

"Call me unnie then," she says slyly. She knows that i don't like it whenever I'm reminded of the fact that she's older than me.

"No." i say and turn away to look at the other side of the aquarium.

I hear some shuffling of footsteps and feel something tugging on my cardigan. "I'm sorry.." she apologizes cutely as she pokes my arm with the soft toy's leg.

"Eish, you're forgiven." i say and snap a good picture of the purple fish. I like purple.

"Can we talk photo together?" she suggests as she points to my phone.

"Good idea. Sure," I switch to front camera and she wiggles herself into my embrace. "1..2..3"

"Gosh, i look like a derp. Take it again!" she snatches my phone away and deletes the photo. I thought she looked good though.

"You take it then," i say and she nods.

Hesitantly, I snake my arms around her waist and she freezes under my touch. This is magical

"O-ok. One.. t-two.. three," she snaps the picture with her cheeks flushed faintly while I'm grinning widely.

I quickly snatch my phone back, just in case she would delete that photo again. "Hey let me see!" she tries to reach for my phone but I block her away.

"I will send you the picture. Wait," i say and send her the photo. She stops fighting with me and takes out her phone too.

"I look like a tomato.." she comments with a pout and I chuckle.

"You're pretty in the picture," I say earnestly.

She blushes heavily and fixes her fringe to hide it from me. I love seeing her shy. "Pretty girl, shall we go now?"

"Yah! Stop teasing me." she scolds and pushes me away when I put my arm around her shoulders.

She walks away quickly and I jog to catch up with her. "Hey, don't be angry. I really mean it when I say that." i say as I turn her around

"People are looking," she mumbles and looks down to hide her flushed cheeks.

"Look at your nemo, aren't they cute?" i say as I point to two clown fish. The are swimming side by side

"I'll be the left one and you'll be my right one," i whisper to her ear when she's looking at the fish. It's pun intended.

She turns back and sticks out her tongue at me. I chuckle softly and shake my head before I catch up with her.

"Unnie?"

I see Jessica turning around as if she's searching for something. "What's wrong?" I ask her with concern.

"Krystal?" Jessica pushes me to the side as a girl walks up to us.

I stand in the middle between the two and watch them. Why does this girl look like Jessica?

"What are you doing here?" asks Jessica and she gives the girl a quick hug.

"I come here with Taemin. And why are you here?" the girl asks and surveys me.

"Oh uhm. This is Taeyeon, my f-friend." Jessica says and looks at me with a weird smile.

"Your friend? i thought you only have Seohyun-unnie. It's good to make more friends anyway," she says with a playful tone like Jessica.

"And hello, I'm Krystal, Jessica's little sister," she holds out her hand and smiles at me.

"Oh hey, I'm Taeyeon. nice to meet you," I say as I take her hand to give a few shakes

"Well, I've got to go, Taemin is coming back. Bye unnie, see you at home later!" she bids farewell to Jessica and runs to a guy who looks like a small boy.

"I didn't know that you've a sister," i say as we start walking again

"Well, now you know. Do you hav any siblings?" she asks me and looks at the fish swimming away

"Yeap. I have one sister and one brother," i say.

"You have a brother? that's cool!" she chirps

"That's not cool at all when he's always not around. He's studying abroad and I'm left with my little sister only," i pout when I remember my brother

"Awww cutiepie, come on let's get some ice cream." she says when we are nearing an ice cream stall

"What flavour do you want?" i ask

"Vanilla with chocolate chips. You?"

"Ahjussi, two vanilla with chocolate chips please." I say and turn to smile at Jessica

"Isn't it sweet for two to always eat the same thing together?" i ask with a grin as I look at her playfully.

I'm getting more and more comfortable around her. Before we know it, we start flirting unintentionally

"Maybe," she says with an arrogant look as she walks away with her ice cream.

I quickly pay the uncle and follow after Jessica. "You shouldn't walk alone with a soft toy in your hand while you're eating ice cream."

"Why?" she asks me with her curious eyes

"People may report you as a lost child," i joke and she rolls her eyes at me

"Okay okay. It's 4pm now. Are you hungry?" i ask as we stroll down the aisle again

"Nope. Are you?" she asks as she takes a bite on her ice cream

I shake my head as I eat my ice cream quietly. It's my nature to be quiet even though I can joke around

"When's your birthday Taeyeon?" she asks me after awhile

"9 march, you?"

"18 April. Which number do you like the most?" she questions again

"Hmm.. 9?" i say unsurely. I have never really thought about it before

She stops to ponder for awhile and I just watch her quietly. I can watch her all day if she lets me.

"I shall call you Taengoo!" she cheers after she comes up with a nickname.

"Why?" i ask as I chuckle at her kiddish actions.

"I heard your mother calling you taeng once and you like number 9. So yeap! Am i smart?" she asks me happily

"Yes yes you are. Now, let's move onto our next destination." i say once we step out of the underwater world.

"Where are we going now?" she asks and finishes her last bit of the ice cream. I do the same too and take out my phone.

"Cable car," i grin happily and hold her free hand.

"You know that only couples can hold hands right?" she asks me expectantly

"Yeap." I nod and continue,"but friends can hold hands too."

"You're an idiot." she mumbles but i catch it.

I pretend that I did not hear anything and say,"let's go up there to take the cable car."

She nods with a grumpy look and i laugh under my breath. "Come on smile!" I snap a picture of her and show it to her.

"You're dead Kim Tae Yeon," she hisses at me and i quickly run away with my phone in my hand.

"Yah! delete it!" she shouts from a distance after we run for awhile.

"I'm gonna set this as my wallpaper and look at it everyday!" i shout back and pretend to set do something to my phone.Actually, i have set the photo we have taken earlier on as my wallpaper instead

"If i catch you, you're dead. Don't you dare move an inch!" she warns and I just stand there as I watch her stomping towards me

She grabs my phone and looks at the wallpaper. I watch as her cheeks become bright red again. "You look so pretty when you blush." I say earnestly and brush off her fringe from her cheek.

"Y-yah." She whines softly and pushes me away weakly.

"I think i love you," i whisper to her

----

----

WAIT FOR PART III PEOPLE :P