Last Night

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyoyeon set up the bonfire in the beach, after he set up a camping tent, they will be staying outside tonight.  Well they were basically kicked out of the Kwon's beach house. Jessica was pretty serious when she said that she wants them to leave and he had no choice but to obey her. “Who knows what that woman will do? She’s pretty violent you know” He said to Nicole as he starts the fire.

 

“It’s Hyuna’s fault!” Nicole glared at the girl pouting in front of her.

 

“Yah!It’s not my fault! It Oppa’s stupid idea!” Hyuna retorted as she held her head.

 

Hyo look at his cousin with a blank gaze. “I told you to make Jessica jealous! But you just pissed both of them off! You should really stop your acting workshop you know... Because you don’t show improvement! You at acting!” He said bluntly.

 

“Yah!” Hyuna took off her flip plops and threw it to Hyoyeon.

 

Hyoyeon yelled. “You brat!”

 

“You old jerk!” Hyuna huffed as she crossed her arms.

 

“Horrible actress!”

 

“Psychotic doctor!”

 

“You whiny annoying—“

 

“STOP IT!” Nicole yelled at the two Kim’s. She massages her temples to ease the growing migraine. “What the hell are you aiming to get for this?” she asked the two. “Why do you want to make Jessica unnie jealous anyway?”

 

“Well… To make her realize that they belong together.” Hyoyeon said as he slides his marshmallows to a stick..

 

“I’m not horrible! She is jealous!” Hyuna can’t still move on.

 

“You’ve seen the cute twin’s right?” Hyoyeon asked Nicole totally ignoring Hyuna who kept on talking to herself.

 

“Yes, oppa . Are you worried for them?” Nicole smiled softly, thinking that Hyoyeon is such a good person.

 

“Uhm.. No.” Hyoyeon quickly answered that made Nicole frown.

 

“Then why?” Nicole asked confusedly.

 

“Their combination is great huh? I want to see many Kwon babies in future! They will be so cute!”  Hyoyeon said excitedly as he starts to roast his marshmallows. "Imagine them running around!" the blonde doctor giggled by himself.

 

Hyuna and Nicole look at him with awkward disbelief.

 

“See.. You should think about your little crush in him again. I told you my cousin is a moron” Hyuna whispered to Nicole as she shook her head looking at her cousin.

 

+++++++

 

 

Yuri fell asleep on Jessica’s lap in the lanai as the warm pacific wind blew pass them gently. She watched Yuri’s even breathing; she could only help but sigh to the sadness that was visible in his sleeping face. She felt sorry for him, she never thought she will see him broke down again in front of her; the last time he did was the night she left.

 

Jessica reminds herself that she shouldn’t harbor these kinds of feelings for Yuri; she needs to eliminate the urge to care for him. It’s not right and it will not do any good for the both of them. Nothing will change; she will only hurt herself in the process.  Its really frustrates her that after all this years he still have that effect on her, she wants to hate him but  after Yuri spent time with them, she realized that he ‘s a really good father for the twins, he’s perfect.

 She sighed heavily as she ran her fingers through his raven black hair. “What will I do with you, Yuri?” she muttered as she leaned her back on the wall wishing that all of this will end soon. Because the more the days past, the harder it gets for her.

 

Yuri opened his tired eyes slowly. He can feel Jessica’s gentle in his hair and he felt sad again. They used to do this, back when they’re still together.  Those were the days that though Jessica doesn’t love him, he felt that she really care. It was more than enough for him then, he is contented until Victoria came and... He bit his lips when he recalled the past; it never fails to make him hate himself.  

 

He feels so tired now… blaming himself and waiting for Jessica. Maybe he should stop? His heart swelled painfully “Sica..” he called, he felt Jessica’s fingers stop due sudden call.

 

“You’re awake now?” he heard her muttered. Yuri pulled himself up and faces the woman she loved for eight long years, she was still as beautiful as the first night he saw her. He mentally smiled bitterly as he felt the pain in chest intensified.

 

“I’m sorry for bringing you here. I will bring you back to Seoul first thing tomorrow.”

 

Jessica looks straight back at him. “Yuri—“

 

“Don’t worry, I will still give you the signed papers, in fact I will give it to you now.”  Yuri cut her as he stood up and walks inside his room leaving Jessica watching his back.

 

Jessica soon followed him inside confusedly, she silently watch him as he searched for the document inside his drawer.  She can’t help but gulped when Yuri came towards her and give her the folder and her hand phone.

 

“There, you can go now.” Yuri dismissed her without looking at her.

 

“Why are you doing this all of a sudden?” Jessica voiced her confusion. “I thought we will stay here for a week—“

 

“I changed my mind.” Yuri said as he close his eyes. “I know you hate it here, I’m sorry for forcing you to stay with me. You can go now, you’re free Ms. Jung” Yuri said in a businesslike manner as he looks up at her without any emotion at all. “You can leave now”

 

Jessica felt hurt, did Yuri just shoo her away?  “Yuri, why are you acting like that? Is it because of Hyuna earlier?”  She said as she clutched the folder tightly in her hands, wasn’t it unfair?

 

“It’s none of your business. Don’t bother yourself with me again, I will send a lawyer to draw an agreement with my visitation rights to my children. You don’t have to see me again ever” Yuri said coldly. “You will share parental rights with me, right?”

 

Jessica stiffens looking at him.  She suddenly felt difficulty in breathing and felt a sharp pain in her chest as she met his cold gaze. “O-ofcourse—“

 

“Please leave, I want to be alone.” Yuri spoke again.

 

Jessica gritted her teeth. “Yuri, let’s talk about this first.”

 

 

“So now you want to talk” Yuri laughed mockingly as he stood up “Isn’t this what you want? You want divorce; I’m just giving it to you!” the sharpness of irritation on his voice startled the Jessica.

 

She went silent, Yuri was right this is what she wanted.

 

“You can go now!” Yuri said impatiently… He can’t deal with Jessica anymore, he felt like his about to break down anytime soon.

 

Jessica ignored what he said “Shouldn’t we at least talk in a civilized manner?” 

 

“You can talk to my lawyer”

 

“I don’t—“

 

“WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!” Yuri shouted harshly.

 

Jessica felt air built up inside her wanting to burst, but. “Why are you yelling at me?!”  Her voice was also high and angry. She hates being shouted at and she didn’t even do anything to offend him, at least not at the moment.

 

Yuri brushed his hair frustrated; he closed his eyes as he tilts his head up. “Sorry, I.. I was.. Just leave me alone” he said exhaustedly.

 

Jessica just looked at him till her tears escaped from her eyes unknowingly.

 

Yuri saw smiled at her sadly. “Don’t cry, I’m sorry..” he said before he sat back in his bed and look down, just being with her in the same room now makes him want to cry too. He wished for once Jessica would listen to him but then again, she needs to be stubborn. Ironically he used to find that endearing before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter