Coming back

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yuri brushed his face roughly with his tired hands; he is running the Kwon Group… the company of his father for two years now. He no longer practices law for almost five years now, ever since his wife Jessica left him, she vanished with no words at all. At start he felt guilty for what he did, it’s clear that it’s his entire fault… but every year passes, makes him madder to Jessica than himself. 

 

“What’s this now?” He looked at Sooyoung his former partner in the CK Law office years back.  Choi Sooyoung look at him with equally weary eyes,.

 

“We both know what that is Yuri..” Sooyoung said, Yuri scoffed as he reads the papers. It was another divorce paper. Every year since Jessica left, her cousin Choi Sooyoung became her official lawyer, Jessica went out of the country to only God knows where and want to have an off the court settlement.  Every year Sooyoung gave him a friendly visit for it and every year he declines to put his signature on it.

 

Every year the same ground appears in the paper. ‘Irreconcilable Differences’ which is like a funny joke to Yuri, too simple to be taken seriously. “You know my answer Sooyoung, No.” Yuri said as he set aside the useless paper.

 

“Aren’t you getting tired of this game Yuri? It’s almost five years now. “Sooyoung look at him with a mixture of pity and annoyance.  “This will never end if you will act like this all the time.  Sica was not even asking you for anything. “

 

“I don’t care about that; she can have all that I own if she wants.. I have one simple condition.. I want to talk to her face to face”

 

Sooyoung shook his head in disapproval. “Yuri, Jessica doesn’t want to cause you any trouble that’s why she keeps on pushing this off the court agreement with you, she doesn’t want to get a messy court battle with you.  Even if it will be easier if she filled through the court, would you rather have her file it in court under the grounds of adultery? to damage your name?”

 

Yuri looked at Sooyoung for a brief moment as he grits his teeth.

 

Jessica refused to talk about what happened that night publicly to save the name of both families, but of course their parents know the truth and of course by extension their whole family and close friend knew it too.. They knew that Jessica saw him in their bed with another woman.

 

They never really forgot about it ever since, especially that his father suffered from heart attack when he heard that his only son was cheating.  Mr. Jung on the other hand was so furious to what happened and forbid him to see his daughter ever again, Jessica met an accident after running away from him.

 

That night Yuri lost it all.. His wife, the trust of her friends and even the love of his father. He can only help but sigh, there’s no one to blame but him.  The only people left for him are Victoria and Yonghwa.

 

“I don’t care, as long as she speaks with me” Yuri avoids Sooyoungs penetrating gaze.

 

Sooyoung just sigh “Yuri, you know you are my friend.. I still care for you” he said but Yuri didn’t budge.

 

‘Right.’ Yuri replied inwardly.

 

“Jessica… she will be coming home. “ Yuri lifted his head and looked at the tall guy who is now on his feet ready to leave. He felt his blood rushed to his veins fast because of the news.  “Uncle Jung’s wants to retire this year. I shouldn’t be saying this things to you.. But I want you guys to settle this out, give each other a break..  I really love you both, I don’t want to watch this anymore “ Sooyoung turned as soon as he said his piece.

 

“Sooyoung” Yuri called that made the other lawyer to stop his track and turned to him. “Thank you”

 

Sooyoung just smiled before he leaves.

 

Yuri sat again to his executive chair and pulled out an old photo frame that was always hidden inside his drawer. It was a photo of him and Jessica, he smiled bitterly as he felt the same pain that he feels every time he see something that can remind him of her. “How are you now Baby?”  He asked as he looked at the image of the smiling girl beside him. A lone tear escape from his eyes, “I hope this time you can finally face me..”

 

He sighed as he pressed the intercom to call her secretary.

 

“Luna”

 

“Yes boss?” the girl asked.

 

“I want you to alert all the executives who are handling the JunGlobal –KG partnership.”

 

“W-why boss.. It’s not under your cluster.” Luna said confusedly.

 

“I know, but I want to handle it personally. I will deal with the Jung’s starting today. “

 

“Bu—“

 

“Just do it”

 

“Yes boss”

 

Yuri hung up his receiver; he looked outside glass wall of his office.  He can’t help but to look back  at the past.

 

++++++++

 

 

Flashback.

 

Yuri was pale and sweating bullets as he run to the hospital, Tiffany one of Jessica’s close friends inform him that his wife met an accident. He literally threw Victoria out of their house after Jessica left and he’s been searching for her for hours now.

 

“Where’s Jessica” He asked with frail voice as he eyed Tiffany who was hugged by her husband Taeyeon.

 

“She’s resting now, uncle Jung is with her.” Tiffany

 

“What happened..” His tears start to brim in his eyes.

 

“That’s what I would like to ask you Yuri, Jessica was so upset… what happened?” Tiffany asked back which made Yuri speechless.

 

“She met an accident… She injured her head. But she’s fine now. “ Taeyeon gave the information.

 

Yuri held his breath from what he heard. The door behind them swung open revealing Mr. Jung and Sooyoung.

 

The old jung was burning hole in his skull with his eyes and Sooyoung was anxiously looking at him.

 

“D-Dad—“Yuri was about to reach out but the old man gave him a punch in his face.

 

“UNCLE!!!” Tiffany and Sooyoung restrained the old man from charging at fallen
Yuri on the ground.

 

Taeyeon immediately run to Yuri to help him stand from the blow.

 

“Dad..” Yuri looks at the old man with pleading eyes.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter