Fateful reunion

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica felt heaviness in the air as if she is suffocating. She can feel the eyes of her husband who seems like burning her skin. She suddenly became afraid of the way she is reacting by the mere presence of Yuri. ‘No Jessica, you can’t be this way..’  Jessica scolds herself as she look up and tried to listen to what Jaejoong was saying, he is presenting the primary layout of the design of the new hotel that they will build in Jeju Island. But she then looks down again when her eyes and Yuri’s met by accident.

 

Yuri is not really listening, he doesn’t care about everything around him starting the moment his wife walk in the room, and He can help but to look at her. She looks so different yet so the same, he can’t put a finger on it but he knew something was changed. His heart aches when Jessica avoids his eyes immediately.

 

“So what can you say about the third design?” Mr. Jung asked his daughter who was seated beside him.

 

Jessica looks up and gave a smile to the old man, before she turned to the expectant presenter on the end of the table. “I’m very impressed for the green hotel design” She gave a smile to Jaejoong which made Yuri tighten his jaw. “I can see a lot of potential on the last design than the other two. JunGlobal hotels are known for the luxurious settings, but though that it is the trade mark of our Label incorporating energy efficient and nature friendly set up can help us be distinct apart from the other hotels in Jeju. The design perse is modern minimalist which is a real trend worldwide now. If we will push this design we can hail not only our loyal visitors but some of the younger generation of tourist, don’t you think?.”

 

The men on the table nodded in agreement.

 

“Since Jeju is the island destination in the country, the closer we can bring our tourist to nature then the better. And it will save us a lot of money with the maintenance of this kind of building since we can use the light that is coming g from the outside and the ocean breeze 24/7.” Jessica explained further.

 

“Good job, the votation will be on the next meeting this Saturday...we need to wait for Mr. Park and Mr. Min.. The marketing and competition study will be presented by them.  Good day gentlemen” Mr. Jung dismissed the meeting.  

 

All of the people in the board room start to pick up their belongings and prepare to leave except Yuri.

 

“Jessie, Chairman would you like to eat late lunch with me?” Jaejoong smiled at them.

 

“Good presentation Jaejoong..  Yes let’s eat” Mr. Jung said as he hold his daughters arms.

 

Yuri heard it, so with a quick step. “Mrs. Kwon can I have a word with you?” Yuri breaks in the conversation which earned the attention of everyone including the other board members.  He ignored the looks that Mr. Jung gave him as well as the deep confusion in Jaejoong’s face.

 

“W-Wait are you---“ Jaejoong looked at him.

 

“Kwon Yuri, Mr. Kim.” Yuri introduce himself, he watched Jaejoong’s confused face change to shock.  “I’m Jessica’s husband.”

 

The whole board room looks at Jessica and Yuri.

 

“Kwon Yuri you—“Mr. Jung glared at Yuri but his words was cut when his daughter hold his arm.

 

“Its okay daddy… just go with Jaejoong oppa. “ Jessica smiled assuringly to her father before she looked at Yuri. “Good thing you’re here.. Follow me in my office Mr. Kwon” Jessica tried her best to keep her voice straight and then she stride out the conference room.

 

She can feel the presence of Yuri behind her and it didn’t help in her pounding heart.  She took a deep breath discreetly as she opened her office and make a way for Yuri.  She was planning to face him soon but having Yuri today caught her off guard.

 

Yuri silently follow the girl that he missed for almost five years, He can feel on her footsteps that she is not comfortable. ‘But he is comfortable with Jaejoong?’ He asked himself silently.  He watched his wife walked behind her table and sat there.

 

“Nice office.” Yuri commented as he saw the changes on her old office, but he really didn’t mean that even is the interior is outstanding he just said that to break the tension building again with the silence.

 

“Why are you here?” Jessica ignored his remarks.

 

Yuri turned to her, but instead of answering he’s mouth just blurted a question he’s been asking since she left “Where have you been?”

 

Jessica uncomfortably shifted her sitting position, she didn’t answer.

 

“I’m looking for you ever since Sica..  Where did you go?” Yuri said as he walked closer to her table.

 

Jessica can hear pain and longing from his voice, for some reason she felt as if she can’t breathe.

 

“It’s not important.. “ Jessica cleared her head and reminds herself of her goal. “I heard that Sooyoung already gave you the divorce papers, have you sign it?” She said as she looks up to meet his eyes.

 

Yuri’s eyes widen from what he heard.  “Damn it Jessica! It’s been five years.. I already said I’m sorry so many times! What do you want me to do? Kill myself in front of you? I messed up once.. Why can’t you forgive me?!” Yuri breaths heavily as if his chest is about to explode, his eyes turned misty as he looked at the Jessica’s perfectly still face.

 

“I already did..” Jessica avoids his gaze as she makes herself busy collecting the files in her desk, afraid that she will lose herself in Yuri’s eyes again.

 

“Then why do you keep on pushing this divorce on me?!” Yuri snapped.

 

Jessica stood up from her seat as she slammed the papers back on her desk.  “You’re not honestly thinking that I will go back to you after what you did, are you?”  She looks back in Yuri’s stunned face.

“I’m serious about the divorce Yuri… It has been five years now! Why is it so hard for you to sign the papers? What do you want from me?” 

 

Yuri can’t take it anymore, he grabs her shoulders “Jessica can’t you see? I’m waiting for you because I love you!” his tears fell. “Baby why can’t you believe me.. “

 

“You don’t do those things to people you love Yuri.” Jessica didn’t notice that her tears were also pouring. If the situation are different, she would probably jumping in happiness hearing Yuri say that to her. But right now she felt as if she is being burnt alive by his words.. Like the first time he said that to her when she was about to go.. She felt extremely lonely. “Stop lying.” Jessica said as she freed herself from Yuri’s grasp.

 

“IT’S NOT A LIE!” Yuri yelled due to shock.

 

“SHUT UP!”  Jessica yelled back at him.

 

“Why can’t just listen to me?! I love you and that’s the truth!” Yuri cried as he speaks. “Ever since”

 

Jessica broke down as she exhaustedly drop herself in her chair and cover her face; it’s too much for her to handle everything that she hears from Yuri.  She felt a pair of strong arms encircled her in a tight hug; it made her cry even more. She misses him..She wants to believe every word that he say and just stay in his arms forever, but things are different now..

 

She lifted her head as she sobs painfully, her hands cupped his tear drenched face.

 

“Baby…” Yuri called her.

 

Jessica took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself before she force a sad smile as she looks at him and shook her head softly. “Do you know.. It hurts me every time I woke up at night and hear you called Victoria in your sleep?”

 

Yuri stiffens as he looks back at her and saw overwhelming pain..

 

“I have lived like  that with you for three years, thinking that maybe someday you will forget her eventually… and maybe you can dream about me”  Jessica bit her lips as she recalls that memory. “And then Yonghwa came…and you didn’t tell me, I tried to understand you, but I really don’t get why you didn’t trust me”

 

“Baby.. I..” Yuri doesn’t know what to say as Jessica’s sobs getting louder.

 

“And then that night…” Jessica let go of Yuri and wipe her tears. “I didn’t saw that coming from you Yuri… How can you do that?”

 

“I’m sorry..” Yuri whispered in guilt, he knows he hurt her so much… but it’s different when it comes directly to her beautiful mouth.

 

“You made me wanna die”

 

“Please give me a chance … I will make it up to you, I promise this time I wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter