Hyo Intervention

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Y-Yoongie!” Jessica gave the most realistic smile that she can give to her son; the little boy wrapped his arms around her neck wanting his mother to carry him.

 

‘Appa is here, Umma!” The 4year old repeated as if his loud entrance is not enough..

 

“Yeah, I can see that..” Jessica said as she looks at Yuri uncomfortably then to Jaejoong.

 

“I think I need to excuse myself now, huh?” Jaejoong said with a hint of bitterness.  “I’m sorry for making you cry Yoong.” He said as he stares at the little boy, but the boy just possessively tightens his embrace to his mother as if Jaejoong will snatch her away.

 

“Baby… Uncle Jaejoong said sorry… what are you going to say?” Jessica nudges the boy in her arms.

 

Yoong pouted first to his mother and then turned to Jaejoong “Its okay, Uncle Jaejoong.” He whispered and then immediately buried his face again to his mother’s neck.

 

Jaejoong smiled weakly. “Thanks buddy… so what, see you tomorrow Jessie?”

 

“Yes. See you tomorrow” Jessica said finally as she looks at Jaejoong, she’s not going to lie… she was actually touched by what he said. She always knows that Jaejoong is a kind person, he is gentle and always caring… she used to be head over heels for him because of that qualities..

 

“I will go then” Jaejoong smiled a little before turning back; he briefly stopped to acknowledge Yuri who was now carrying Soojung in his arms and Yuri didn’t even bother to hide his disapproval to Jaejoong’s presence.. But the latter just pass by without giving any expression.

 

Jessica felt a slight tension in the air when Jaejoong made an exit to the room.

 

“You’re here.” Jessica cut the deafening silence after. 

 

“Yes I am” Yuri replied as he walked towards the table, and a specific thing caught his attention. He felt his chest tighten as he stares at the sparkly ring that was sitting on top of table, Jessica noticed Yuri’s gaze and realized that the ring was still there; she immediately took and put in her drawer away from Yuri’s sight.

 

‘What are you doing here?” Jessica asked again, as she put Yoong on her chair.

 

“Umma I’m the boss??” Yoong asked with sparkling eyes..

 

Jessica smiled. “Yes, sweetie..”

 

“Yey!” Yoong squealed as he quickly kicked to make the chair swirl.

 

Jessica turned to Yuri again waiting for answers.

 

“Appa is here to see us Umma!” Soojung smiled at her mother. . “He missed us!” the little girl giggled without noticing her father’s expression but Jessica was well aware.

 

“You must be really happy” Jessica tried to smile at Soojung.

 

“YES!” Soojung answered loudly.

 

“Good… you can play with Appa now while Umma is working.”  Jessica told the two as she gather the documents that she needs to give to her father.

 

“YEY!” the twins beamed to their father.

 

Jane just arrived with the Twin’s things looking tired as always, Jessica sighed… maybe the twin’s is too much for Jane to handle..  “You can stay here and play with Appa, I will just go to daddy’s office” she said to spare Jane a rest, as she strides towards the door, she is obviously avoiding, but she doesn’t care if Yuri notices. She can’t handle confrontations with any of her ex’s anymore and judging by the way Yuri is looking at her, it’s impossible… if she will stay in the same room as him.

 

Jessica was almost out the door when she was stopped by a familiar touch. “Can I speak with you? Now?”  She heard him say in his calm voice, too calm to be trusted.  She slightly turned to him and notices that Soojung is already out of his arms.

 

“I still have—“

 

“That can wait.” He dismissed commandingly.

 

Jessica bit the insides of her cheeks as she stared at his dark eyes.  ‘What about the kids?” she asked, she can’t believe how nervous she was as if she did something horribly wrong.

 

Yuri turned to the Yoong who is still sitting in Jessica’s chair and Soojung who is playing with Audrey in the couch.  “Kid’s Appa and Umma will just talk; can we leave you with Jane?”

 

Yoong and Soojung shared a brief glance from across the wide room; Jane is currently inside the washroom.

 

“What are you gonna talk about?” Yoong asked curiously as he cupped his face with his little hands while resting his elbows in the table.

 

“We will talk about a lot of things” Yuri smiled at his son, who contentedly nods.

 

“Appa will be back, right???” Soojung asked she stood up on the couch.

 

“Yes princess, so is it okay with you guys?”  Yuri asked.

 

“Neh!” both answered, Yuri said goodbye before he close the door behind him, leaving the two by themselves.  Soojung carried Audrey towards their mother’s table and let the stuffed toy sat on one of the chairs in front of it, before she climbed at the other one to talk to her Oppa in the big chair.

 

“They always talk...” the little girl muttered as she gawked at her brother.

 

“Yeah..” the boy said swirl the swivel chair again.

 

“Why is that?” Soojung eyed his brother.

 

“They’re grownups! Of course they talk a lot! Because they know many words” Yoong said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

 

Soojung nods at her brother’s explanation. “Adults are talkative…but Jane Unnie—“

 

Yoong sighs “Jane Noona is not an adult, she’s Thinky Winky.”

 

++++++++

 

Jessica was walking ahead of Yuri going to his father’s office.

 

“Hello Ms. Jessica” Miryo greeted her with a smile; she is the chairman’s assistant.

 

“Hi… Ms. Miryo is Daddy there?” Jessica asked wishing that the old Jung is inside.

 

“Oh.. He’s not here… he is out for an early lunch appointment till 3 PM, is there something that you need Ms. Jessica?” the secretary asked.

 

Jessica can feel Yuri’s presence behind her back.. She just sighs as she hands her the revise documents. “Just gave him this, he may want to see it..”

 

“Ok, No problem.” The assistant received it.

 

“Can we go now?” Yuri asked her

 

Jessica bit her lips before turning around. “Where do you want to talk?”

 

Yuri’s expression didn’t change. “Your choice”

 

“Fine.. Let’s go the lobby.” Jessica said without waiting for any answers she walk ahead again towards the elevator.  The two didn’t talk to each other while waiting for the elevator to open, and it’s a painful silence for Jessica she feels like she was about to get executed or something.

 

The elevator door open, Yuri let her stepped first before he does, As soon as the elevator door close Yuri punched the emergency break button.

 

Jessica looked at him with wide eyes, trying her best to keep calm but it di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter