Parent's proposal

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a long day of attending to Yonghwa in the hospital and Victoria hovering him all day, Yuri came home in a very exhausted state. But for some reason he can’t get himself to rest.

 

He keeps on tossing and turning on his bed, it’s already 2:00 in the morning and his eyes were still wide open.  Finally he sat up on his bed, surrendering on the fact that he can’t sleep.  He looks around in his darkened room; he let out a sigh as he stands up to open the lights he grabs his phone and smiled when the face of the twins appeared on his screen, he can’t still believe that they are his and Jessica. 

 

 He drop himself happily in his bed as he scroll the pictures he took.. Even in just a day he felt as if he knew them already since forever. Yoong is undeniably his little version and he was so proud about that, he found himself giggling in the thought of his son and then there’s Soojung his little princess.. How could a perfect child be possible? He sighed dreamily as he makes the picture of her daughter bigger; she has her mother’s eyes.

 

Yuri stared at the pictures some more before he turned to the picture of him and Jessica on his side table, smiling at each other. “Thank you for giving birth to our twins baby, I love you” He sadly talked to the picture, thinking how pathetic he can be, talking to Jessica’s picture as if she will hear him and answer back.

 

 Yuri search his wife name in his phone book, He forced Jane to give it to him last time he saw the kids.. It’s been 38 hours since he last saw them and its killing him now, he missed them so much.  He glances at the clock to check, he sighed again. “I can’t call her at this hour, can I?” Yuri muttered to himself and then groaned in frustration. “I’m so dead..” he whispered as he decide to call the number.

 

+++++++++

 

 

Jessica just finished reading all the papers that was submitted by Jaejoong’s office for the presentation tomorrow.  She look at Yoong and Soojung who is now sleeping on her bed, she smiled at the sight Soojung is sleeping like a princess and Yoong well he has his own unique way.. Jessica gently pulled the blanket to cover her son who manages to get out of it.  She was about to join her kids when her phone vibrate. Her brows furrowed as she look at the unfamiliar number.

 

“Hello?” She answered.

 

“…”

 

“Hello?” Jessica said again but still no answer and the phone line died.

 

“What was that..” Jessica said, she just shrugged and place the phone back in the table. She climb on her bed between the twins and pulled them close to her before she tiredly close her eyes.

 

While Yuri on the other side was staring at his phone with a smile on his face, he just wants to hear Jessica’s voice. “Goodnight baby.. Good night kids” Yuri whispered as he lay on his bed hugging his phone. Now he can sleep, reminding himself that he will meet them in few hours.

 

+++++++++

 

 

“Umma we can meet Appa today right? Right?” Yoong looked up to his mother as they walked on the lobby of the Palace Hotel.

 

“Umma, will Appa play with us today?” Soojung also asked almost as the same time as her brother.

 

Jessica sighed, since yesterday the kids was talking nonstop about in an exaggerated level. They asked the same question over and over again.  “Babies.. Umma don’t know, but there’s a meeting today, so if he arrived then maybe he can meet both of you after..” She smiled as she gently pulled both of them inside the elevator.

 

“Maybe?” Yoong eyed her

 

“If?” Soojung did the same.

 

Jessica gave a forced smile at she looks down. “Umma is not sure.. How about this, Umma will play with both of you after the meeting… that will be fun!” She said cheerfully but the twins just gave her a disappointed face.

 

“I want Appa..” Yoong pouted.

 

“He will not play with us today??” Soojung asked in a sad face as if she is about to cry.

 

‘Oh God..’ Jessica silently muttered to herself while looking at her two kids worriedly.

 

“Why is he not coming Umma?” Yoong asked with reddened nose.

 

“Umma didn’t say he is not coming, I said I’m not sure..” Jessica corrected.

 

“Make him come here Umma!” Soojung pleads to her mother as she hugs Audrey tightly.

 

Jessica massages her temples to be able to think properly, thinking the best way out of the situation without the twins crying.  “Okay I will ask Suzy to call his office”

 

“Now?” The twins look at her with those big brown expectant eyes.

 

Jessica smiled and nodded which made the two jumps in delight and hug her legs. “Umma is jealous! You don’t want to play with me anymore!” She teased the two with fake sobs.

 

“No we want to play with you too umma!” Yoong said defensively as he hugs her leg tighter like a koala.

 

“Hmm..” Jessica looks at the two knowingly.

 

“Is just that Appa always carrying us both at the same time!” Soojung squealed.

 

“I can do that too!” Jessica said gasps exaggeratedly.

 

“He pretends to be a horse and let us ride his back” Yoong added proudly.

 

“psh.. That’s easy..” Jessica muttered thinking Yuri as a horse? Yeah he can do that, Silly things go well with Yuri.

 

“He can do air toss!” the twins chorused.

 

“Like seriously? I can do better” Jessica pouts at the kids, though she can’t honestly do that for the kids.. Toss her kids in the air?? She seriously needs to talk to Yuri about it. .. she will not let him threw her kids so carelessly .  “So you really love him so much, huh?” She asked the two softly.

 

“YES!” Yoong and Soojung answered loudly.

 

“Fine,”  Jessica sighed and pats the twins head, guess she cant do anything about it now… the two were acting like obsessed fans of their father.

 

 

++++++++

 

“So this will be it, Jessica and Jaejoong when will you want to do a location visit in Jeju?” Mr. Jung asked before he put the meeting a close

 

Yuri lifted his head to look at his wife who looks busy reading beside her father.

 

“I propose it to be sooner, how about the day after tomorrow?” Jaejoong eyed Jessica from across the table.

 

Yuri balled his fist as he watch Jaejoong’s stare at Jessica,  Yuri don’t trust him.

 

“That will be fine with me.” Jessica said without lifting her eyes on the new documents that was presented, which made Yuri grits his teeth.

 

Mr. Jung nodded. Then look at the rest of the board. “So gentlemen we will resume this meeting as soon as the ocular visit was made, so we can meet next Monday right princess?” Mr. Jung turned to his daughter.

 

Jessica smiled and nodded.

 

“Ok.. See you all next Monday.” Mr. Jung dismisses everyone finally, and the board members walked out the room one by one.  Yuri was about to approach Jessica when.

 

“Princess and Jaejoong please stay for a moment I have something to discuss with the both of you”

 

Jessica stopped gathering her things and sit back again on his seat.

 

“Yuri you can leave now..” Mr. Jung said briefly with indifferent expression on his face.

 

“Y-Yes Sir.” Yuri responded to the old man, He was about to walk away when.

 

“Yuri.” Jessica called just enough to make the man  hear..

 

Yuri turned and met Jessica’s eyes. “Yes?”

 

Jessica gave a timid smile. “Yoong and Soojung were asking for you, they’re in my office maybe you can drop by and say hello?”

 

Yuri smiled to his wife, feeling warm and fuzzy all of a sudden. “I will, I really want to see them too.”

 

“You should go now, they are waiting for you” Jessica said and Yuri just nodded and left the room. ‘She smiled at me.. So this is a progress right?” he asked himself as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter