Moment of truth

Ice Breaker 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s tears were still falling; she was still asking herself why Yuri has to be there?

 

"He said he loves me but he is living in with Victoria, what a sick joke” she muttered to herself. How she wish that Yuri didn’t say those words and giving her false hope like he is always do to her.

 

She doesn’t want to feel like this anymore, she thought she already grew up all this time but it turned out that she wasn’t.  Jessica’s main priority is to protect her children from everything that could hurt them, it’s her duty as their mother, Yoong and Soojung were the ones she should think about not Yuri or anyone else.

 

The door swung open and reveals her son; Jessica immediately wiped her tears and put a smile on her face.

 

“UMMA!!” Yoong run to her with arms wide open, Jessica welcomed her son happily.

 

“Yoongie! Have you enjoyed playing with Soojung and Jane?”  Jessica asked her little ball of energy that is now hugging her neck.

 

“No! Soojung just scream and sleeps.. Jane Unnie is weird, she’s mad at the food machine!” the little boy pouted as he lifted his head from her, Jessica watched her son’s face frowned while looking at her, his fingers traces her eyes that made Jessica stiffen.

 

“Umma… You’re crying… are you hurt?” Yoong asked worriedly.

 

“Aniyo… Umma was just tired. Where’s your sister baby?” Jessica tried to divert her son’s attention.

 

“Don’t cry Umma..” Yoong said as he pecks his mother’s cheeks.

 

“I already feel better Yoong!” Jessica laughed as she hugs her first born tight. “Umma loves you so much!”

 

“Yoong loves Umma too!” the little boy grinned to his mother.
 

“so  much!” he said as he hugs her tightly.

 

The door swung opened again and this time it was Jane who has sleeping Soojung in one of her arm while carrying a big bag and two large bears in the other, she looks like she is struggling.

 

“KUMA!” Yoong squealed as he jumped off his mother and run toward their nanny and pulled his brown bear in delight.

 

Jessica followed her son and smiled to the younger girl. “You look exhausted Jane” She said as she pulls out her daughter in her arms carefully.

 

The poor girl was still panting. “No madam! I’m good!”

 

Jessica look at her worriedly.. “Arasso… take a break for now, before we go home okay?” she smiled again.

 

“H-how about the kids’ madam?” The maid asked as she eyed the children.

 

“I will take care of them.. Just breathe and drink something.” Jessica walked towards the huge couch just across the room and laid her sleeping daughter gently. She kissed her forehead and settled beside her, soon even Yoong silently sat beside her and snuggle her with the bear.

 

“Aren’t you tired as well Yoong? You want to sleep?”  Jessica turned to her son who is leaning on her.

 

The little boy shook his head as he played with Kuma’s face.

 

Jessica kissed his head and pulls him closer. She felt relieved and contented just having the twins by her side. ‘As long as they are with me… I’m alright’ she though inwardly, for four years its always been the three of them against the world and she’s okay having it that way for the next twenty years.

 

“Umma..” Yoong called his mother as he hugs Kuma.

 

“Hmm?” Jessica replied.

 

“Are we going to visit Seohyun Noona again?” the little boy asked.

 

Jessica smiled. “Of course.. why? Do you miss noona?”

 

Yoong look up to his mother. “Yes!” The little boy’s eyes twinkled. “She said she will introduce us to Uncle tae-tae..”

 

“Ah… “Jessica nodded.

 

“You know him Umma?” the little boy ask in full interest

 

“Yes… he is a good friend; he is auntie fany’s husband and Seo’s Appa.” Jessica explains as she pats Yoongs head.

 

“What is he like?” Yoong asked curiously.

 

“He is a doctor.. He treats sick kids, he makes them feel better” Jessica combed Yoong hair with her fingers.

 

Yoong was looking at his mother with awe. “Wow..”

 

Jessica chuckled at the little boy’s reaction.

 

“Umma..” Yoong called again.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why don’t we have an Appa?” Yoong turned and kneel to face his mother.

 

Jessica was surprised by the child’s question; she looked at him with wide eyes as she unable to reply to the unexpected question of her four year old son.

 

“Why do Seohyun noona gets one, while me and Soojung don’t?” Yoong asked innocently completely oblivious of his mother’s feelings.

 

Jessica felt caught in the middle; she felt guilt as she stares at the child’s beautiful face.. She knows that someday the kids will ask her the question but she didn’t think that it will be this soon.

 

“Umma..” Yoong called again when his mother didn’t answer.

 

Jessica was forced to clear . “Of course You and Soojung have one..”  She tried to smile, though she is panicking inside. She always knows that her children were undeniably smart yjere is no point lying to them.

 

“Jinjja?!” The kid gasps in excitement which made Jessica’s heart pound even more.

 

“Every child has an Appa, Yoong…” Jessica uncomfortably explained.

 

“Where is he? Is he a doctor like uncle Tae-Tae??” Yoong asked once again.

 

“Nope… he is not a doctor, but he is a very good person” Jessica smiled sadly at her son, fighting back her tears.

 

“Umma, why is he not here?” Yoong frowned.

 

Jessica sighed heavily. “Yoong can Umma answer that in another time? you’re still a baby, It’s hard to explain..” Jessica avoids her son’s curious eyes.

 

“Other time..” Yoong disappointedly pout at Kuma.

 

“Umma will tell you at the right time… okay?” Jessica smiled at Yoong who gave her a sad smiled too before he turned his back and play with his bear again.

 

Jessica’s heart felt like breaking when she saw her son’s disappointment.  “I love you Yoongie..” A tear fell from her eyes as she hugs the little boy from behind.  Suddenly everything seems so complicated, now that Yuri is just near.. and her son asking all these question out of nowhere.   She was scared. ‘Oh God… how will I do this?’ Jessica sighed inwardly, as she realize how difficult will it be for her and the twins… and to Yuri, she is expecting the worst if he knew about their children.

 

 

++++++++++

 

 

 

“Yul where have you been?” that is the first thing he heard as soon as he stepped on his house.  “You meet Jessica! Didn’t you?!” Victoria said in an accusing tone.

 

“Vic, please not now.” Yuri said as he continues to walk inside.

 

“Yong was waiting for you all day! Your son needs you and you’re doing what?  Meeting that woman?!” Victoria said in an angered tone as she put herself in front of Yuri.

 

Yuri brushed his hair in frustration, Victoria seems to act like a jealous wife in front of him and frankly it irritates him. “Vic! I am so tired! Can you please stop this act, you are not my wife!”  Yuri finally burst; his patience is growing short for the woman.

 

Victoria looked at him incredulously with hanging open.

 

“I told you stop it.” Yuri sighs before he passed in her sight.

 

 “ONE DAY!” Victoria yelled at his back that made Yuri stop and turned to her in surprise. “IT’S ONLY BEEN ONE DAY SINCE THE WH**E CAME BACK AGAIN AND YOU ALREADY FORGOT ABOUT ME AND YONGHWA?!” Victoria screamed.

 

Yuri’s eyes widen in anger when he heard the woman calling Jessica a , that’s enough for him to lose all the control he has on his body. He walked towards Victoria and he harshly grabs her arms and yanks her, she heard the woman yelp in pain but he was so angry that he doesn’t care if he is actually hurting her.  “Don’t you ever call my wife like that!”  Yuri gritted his teeth as his eyes pierced Victoria dangerously.

 

Victoria bit her lips in anger as she looks back to the father of her son. “What do you call a girl who married a stranger she barely knew a month after she was left by her fiancé? A nun?” Victoria mocked him.

 

Yuri was so mad that his grip gets a lot tighter “She is my wife and I will never ever let you disrespect her that way!”

 

“Yuri you’re hurting me!” Victoria cried as she felt Yuri’s fingers dig deeper on her flesh.

 

“Next to you, my wife will look as pure as snow! So watch your mouth Victoria before you regret it!” Yuri then let go of the woman

 

“She maybe your wife, but I am the mother of your child Yuri!” Victoria hissed. “I gave you something that Jessica can’t ever give to you! So treat me right if you don’t want me to take Yonghwa away from you!” Victoria said as her tears streamed in her eyes.

 

“You are crazy!” Yuri snapped back.

 

“Yes I am! for you! So don’t you dare meet Jessica again or I swear!” Victoria said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter