Last Date

My Handsome Neighbour

Sooyun POV

Finally, today i will meet Chunji. I miss his face very much. I can't wait to see him. I texted him this morning but again he didn't reply. Wonder what is wrong with him. Then, i remembered what L. Joe said to me last night. He said to be prepared to anything Chunji might say later. Of course i have to be ready. He doesn't reply any of my message for 2 weeks, something probably happened to him.

For today, i want to look very beautiful. I chose a purple shirt with pink skirt and white sneakers. It needs 2 hours just to choose this outfit. I looked at the mirror and sprayed some perfume. I went to the restaurant at 12pm. Before going, i looked at L. Joe's room. He's awake already. And somehow, i thought that he's looking at my room. I opened my window and so did he.

"Are you spying?"

"Looking at your room doesn't mean i'm spying,"

"Okay, Okay. I understand,"

"Going to meet Chunji?"

"Yes,"

"Should i pick you there?"

"No, it's fine. I can go by myself, it's not really far,"

"Really?"

"Of course,"

"Okay then, don't forget my message last night,"

"I know, I'm going. Bye,"

"Bye,"

I closed my window and went downstair. Then, i went to the bus stop and went to the restaurant by bus.

It was still 15 minutes before 1pm but i have arrived at the restaurant. I looked inside because probably Chunji has arrived. That's right. Chunji sat near the window and looked outside. Maybe he doesn't know that i have arrived. I looked at him. He changed his hairstyle. It becomes neater. He wears a blue shirt with white skinny jeans. It's been long time since i last met him and he has become even more handsome than before. I went to his table. He looked at me and i think he is surprised with my arrival.

"Hi, can i sit here?"

"Of course,"

"You come early,"

"Yeah, i don't want you to wait,"

"It's not even 1pm yet though,"

"That's right,"

There is awkwardness between us. I really can feel it. But seeing his face, it's just make me happy.

"You look very beautiful today,"

"Thank you. You are very handsome too,"

"Thanks,"

"Should we order food first?"

"Oh, okay,"

Chunji called the waitress. Then we picked our food and wait for our food.

 

Chunji POV

I arrived at the restaurant at around 12.30pm. I don't want her to wait that's why i came earlier. I have thought all  night about how i can say my condition right now without hurting her. But i couldn't find any way. Even if i prepared something very good, if she heard something like this, she must be hurt. It is something that i can't avoid. But L. Joe was also right. It's better to tell her now rather than not telling at all. She probably hurts now, but i trust L. Joe. He can make her feel better.

15 minutes waiting, and suddenly she has stood in front of me. Why does she have to be very beautiful now? I've never seen Sooyun wearing skirt before. It makes her even more beautiful. When was the last time i saw her face? I miss her so much. Not seeing her in such a long time, make her looked even more beautiful than before.

After ordering our food, i try to start our conversation. From school, our activities, and others. I have told her that i transfered school but i didn't tell her where my new school is. It's true that it is a bit awkward between us before, but it becomes a lot better now. We talk really comfortably again now. I haven't said anything about me going to London either. I think it's too soon to tell her about this.

"Can we go to a park near here?"

"Of course, i'd love to,"

"And also, i'll pay,"

"No no no, i can pay by myself, really,"

"It's my treat, i was the one that asked you to meet the first,"

"Hhhmm.."

"It's fine,"

Sooyun-ah, really it's fine. I don't know when i can pay for your meal again. Just accept this.

"Okay, but i will treat you again sometimes,"

"You have treated me a lot before, no worry, okay?"

We came to the cashier to pay. Then we went to the park. I remembered that this park is the place i confessed my love to her. I carefully chose a seat to sit and not sitting in the same place as the first time i confessed.

"Let's sit here,"

"Okay,"

I chose a place that is totally far away from my confession place. Just to make her not remember about it. Eventhough i'm pretty sure that she still remembers it. I looked at her and she was just looking in front without doing anything.

"Sooyun-ah,"

"Yes?"

"Actually i want to meet you today because i have to say something,"

"What's that?"

"First, i'm sorry that i haven't contacted and ignored all your messages for a couple of weeks. Second, i think there's gonna be a problem with our relationship,"

I stopped for awhile and look at her. She only looked at me and waited for me to continue.

"Actually, i transfered to a special school to study in London,"

"London?"

"For my senior year and my university, i will study in London,"

"Why?"

"My parents will work there. I can't say no because they have prepared everything, I can even got a scholarship for my senior year and university,"

"I understand,"

"I'm sorry, it is not what i want at first. But then, my parents asked me to do it,"

"Then our relationship?"

"If you looked around you, there are a lot of better guys for you. It is the best for us. You really deserve someone better than me,"

"Why is it the best? I love you very much, really much. Don't you also think of my feeling?"

"I do think of you, I don't think long distance relationship will work for us,"

"We don't even try,"

"Sooyun-ah, there is someone who really cares about you. Who always think of you and will always take care of you. Trust me,"

"So, is it our last date?"

"I think so,"

Suddenly, Sooyun hugged me.

"Thank you for the past 6 months. It's been a really good time to know you,"

"Thank you Sooyun-ah. Hope you will have someone better than me,"

 

L. Joe POV

It's 5pm now and Sooyun hasn't come back yet. I waited in front of her dorm building since 4pm. Not just that, since Sooyun went, i've been monitoring her dorm building from my room. But because i can't hold it anymore, i wait in front of her dorm building.

Finally, she's here. She walks alone with no power at all.  When she looked at me, she immediately ran to me. Then, she hugged me. I really surprised with her reaction.

"Chanhee... Chanhee.. he will go to London,"

She said that while crying. It's a bit hard to understand her but since she said it while hugging me, i luckily can understand it.

"We broke up,"

I keep silent for awhile.

"He doesn't even try to do long distance relationship because he said that i will deserve someone better,"

"You will, Sooyun-ah,"

"How can he do that to me?"

"He must have thought a lot about this. He might be hurt too to leave you like that,"

"Really?"

"You think it's easy for him? When Teen Top gathered, he only talked about you all the time. Think about what he feels when he know that he need to go to London,"

"But he hurt me too,"

"I know, but you also must know that he must have thought a lot about it,"

She try to stop crying and not hugging me anymore.

"Were you waitng for me?"

"Yeah, some kinda,"

"Can we talk for awhile? I feel really down now,"

"Of course, let's just go to your dorm. mine is very dirty,"

"Don't think that you can do anything bad just because i don't have a boyfriend now,"

"I won't do anything bad,"