Chapter 2

I'm Not Predictable

 

We arrived at the address given to us in the piece paper and thankfully it didn't look dangerous. It just looked like some sort of apartment complex. Cathy took another glance at the piece of paper.
 
"209. I think that's the apartment number." She stated.
 
"I'm guessing that's the second floor." I added, then grabbed some of the luggage. "Don't just stand there, let's go."
 
Cathy took the rest of the luggage and followed me towards the elevator. Finally, we stood in front of apartment 209. I was skeptical to knock. "Can you knock?" I asked shyly. I hated to knock on people's door.
 
Without a word Cathy knocked three times. No noise was heard, but after a minute the front door finally opened to reveal the blondish guy, Baro.
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised to see him again.
 
"I live here." He replied in a 'duh' tone.
 
"Why did you tell us to come here? I thought this was like... I don't know... A place to rent a room for the night." Baro looked at me as if I was strange. I kept talking. "Are you like a e? Don't get near us, I have a stunt gun."
 
I quickly reached inside my purse for my stunt gun and pointed it at him. He looked afraid and confused.
 
"What?" He asked, nervously eyeing the stunt gun.
 
Cathy quickly pushed my hands down then stepped forward. "Excuse my sister." She began. "I know she has that y aura, but believe me she... she actually really is."
 
"Cathy, shut up." I hissed at her, then turned my attention to Baro. "What are your intentions?"
 
Baro scratched his head uncomfortably. "I-I just felt bad for you girls. I mean, she scraped her knee really bad and the hotel didn't have your room available. You can't stay on the streets, guys will think you're a Russian prostitude."
 
'Russian prostitude' I don't want to know. 
 
"Okay, that sounds reasonable." Cathy said awkwardly. We were just standing outside the door with our luggage, looking awkward.
 
Baro seemed to notice and invited us in.
 
After stepping into the apartment we noticed four more guys. I panicked...
 
"Cathy we need to get out of here!" I exclaimed. "Are you guys going to hurt us? Please don't hurt us. We called people back in the U.S. and told them we would be here."
 
One of the other guys, the tallest, raised his eyebrows at me. "What can they do from all the way over there."
 
Oh my gosh... We're going to die! 
 
"They can call the police or something." I stuttered. "Anyways, I won't go down without a fight." I once again took my stunt gun out of my purse and pressed the button, causing electricity to flow from the metal end. They guys quickly backed away.
 
"Whoa, whoa, whoa Take it easy." A guy with reddish hair cautiously stepped forward, his hands in front of him, with the palms pointing forward. "Nobody is going to hurt you girls, we all live here... We're roommates. Shinwoo and I are the oldest and in charge."
 
He looked sincered, however, I stepped back and in a defiant tone said. "I hope you're not lying, don't think that just because we're not from here you, guys can come and with my sister and I. Do something to me, or especially my sister and I will cut you in a place were you don't want to be cut." As I said that last statement, I eyed his crotch for effect.
 
"Okay." He chuckled nervously. "We get it."
 
Don't get me wrong I'm not a tug or a tough person... I just don't want to come across a defenseless women.
 
"Okay..." My sister said, breaking the awkward moment. "Now that we know nobody is going to , kill, or cut anyone for now, I'm going to introduce myself, I'm Catherine, call me Cathy."
 
"I'm Jessenia, call me Jessy." I said, placing the stunt gun back in my purse. 
 
The guy with the reddish hair smiled. "My name is Jinyoung."
 
The tall guy then stepped forward. "I'm Shinwoo, you can call me CNU."
 
"Like the letters C, N, and U?" I interrupted.
 
"Yes." He replied with a small smile.
 
"I'm Baro." Said the blondish guy, who injured my sister.
 
"I'm Sandeul." Then said a guy with brownish hair.
 
"I'm the maknae, Gongchan." The last guy had darker hair and was the second tallest.
 
I raised my eyebrows. "What's maknae?"
 
"Means youngest." Cathy answered the question, once again surprising me that she knew the meaning.
 
"Why would you introduce yourself like that?" I questioned, then eyed all of them. "Why do you guys sound like you've rehearsed this? I mean... It sounds so... mechanical." It was quite annoying actually.
 
"Oh my markers!" Cathy screamed, making me jump. ! "I know who you guys are." 
 
The guys then got all nervous. What the heck is going on...
 
"Please, don't tell anyone." Jinyoung pleaded.
 
"Don't tell who? I'm lost... Who are they?" I was so out of it at that moment.
 
"They're B1A4." Cathy said in a enthusiastic tone.
 
"Ohhhhhhh." I remember. "The ones that sing 'Okay Go' and 'Beautiful Target'."
 
"We actually say 'Okay girl' in the song." Clarified Sandeul.
 
Um, I actually don't care. I just didn't reply and asked another question instead. "How old are you guys?"
 
"Sandeul, Baro, Jinyoung, and me are 22, I think in the U.S. it's a year less... So were 21." CNU said. "I'm turning 22 next month. Gongchan is only 19, he's turning 20 soon."
 
"Oh, okay." I shrugged. "Well, I'm 21 and Cathy is... 18."
 
I lied Cathy is really 17, but she's turning 18 next month so its not much of a lie.
 
"So, how do we do this?" I questioned. I placed my luggage on the floor and crossed my arms. "How much for the room?"
 
"We're not trying to take your money, save it for your time here in Korea." Baro said. 
 
"So, you just invite two girls to stay one night in your apartment. What if we were some freaks, or dangerous. You shouldn't just trust us because we're girls." Cathy warned.
 
"That's what I told him." Jinyoung said, glaring at Baro. "You girls do not seem dangerous, but you never know."
 
"Well..." Gongchan began. "I'll show them the room."
 
Gongchan seemed nice, too nice... We were about to grab our luggage but the guys beat us to it. I was glad because it was heavy, however, I wouldn't mind carrying it myself.
 
"This is the room." Gongchan pointed at the room to the right, at the end of the hallway. "CNU usually sleeps here, he'll stay in our room for the night."
 
Gongchan seemed... Sweet, it was weird.
 
"Okay, thank you." Cathy said as we stepped into the room. We both turned to look  at Gongchan. He seemed to sense the vibe.
 
"I'll let you girls get... Comfortable. It must have been a long flight." He turned to point at another door up the hallway. "That's the bathroom. There's some clean towels in the closet."
 
"Thank you." Cathy thanked Gongchan. He gave a small nod then left to the living room.
 
Cathy and I went back into the room and got ready to take a shower. I took the first turn, it was completely weird taking a shower in an apartment full of five guys I did not know. I made sure to lock the door. I also told Cathy to keep her stunt gun handy.
 
After I was done, Cathy went next. I was so happy to finally be comfortable. I wore a T-shirt with the name of my university and some pajama pants. I suddenly heard a knock on the door, I cautiously opened it. It was Sandeul.
 
"Uh, we are watching a movie in the other room and we were wondering if you girls wanted to come?" He asked unsurely.
 
"Is it a Korean movie?" I questioned, not fully opening the room door.
 
"Yes." He replied.
 
"Can you guys put subtitles?" Otherwise, how will we understand it?  
 
"Um, sure." He replied and I nodded "Well, guess we'll see you girls there. We'll be making popcorn and getting drinks"
 
He then turned away and walked into the other room right across this one. A few minutes after Sandeul left, Cathy walked in the room and I told her about the movie with the guys. We decided we would join them. 
 
After we finished getting ready, we headed across the hallway and knocked on the door. Baro opened the door and motioned us to come in, we did. The members sat in a semi-circle leaning their backs against the bottom beds. I took an open spot between CNU and Sandeul, and Cathy between Baro and Gongchan. The order was from left to right; Jinyoung, CNU, me, Sandeul, Baro, Cathy, and Gongchan; who was closest to the door.
 
The movie started and they all seemed to stuff their faces with popcorn and other snacks, especially Sandeul. Out of my own insecurities, I ate nothing, just drank water. Cathy ate a little bit.
 
During the movie, I glanced over at Cathy and noticed Baro and Gongchan trying to discretely look at her... Shoulders? I tried to ignore it, but after a while, I couldn't.
 
"What are you guys looking at?" I asked, drawing everyone's attention. 
 
"What do you mean?" Baro pretended to not know what I was taking about, Gongchan just seemed embarrassed. 
 
"You guys are clearly looking at her shoulders." When I said that Cathy covered her bare shoulders with her hands. She wore a tank top and pajama pants.
 
"Um, I don't know. Um..." Baro began nervously.
 
I guess Jinyoung sensed Baro getting flustered and decided to step in. "Sorry, the thing is that in Korea showing your shoulders is considered something like... I guess you can say provocative." That's... Different. Jinyoung kept explaining. "Baro and Gongchan are men and their eyes will wonder. I think I can speak for all of us when I say our eyes wondered too."
 
"Thank you, hyung." Gongchan stated, looking relieved.
 
"Oh, okay." I said looking at all of them. I'm glad I wore a T-shirt. "It's weird how in the U.S. wearing a tank top like that is completely normal." I chuckled. "Well, let's keep watching the movie."
 
The movie was played again and my eyes shifted to the TV screen. However, I noticed them looking again.
 
"Please pause the movie." I ordered nicely, then turned to Cathy. "Ca, I think-"
 
"I know." Cathy said cutting me off. She then stood up and left the room.
 
"Sorry." CNU apologized. "Don't think we're animals. Well, you must have an idea of an idols life."
 
I sighed, thinking about my school life. "Yeah." 
 
Cathy then came back wearing an oversize shirt. I think she over did it... The movie was then once again resumed. 
 
*************
 
I felt someone shaking me, making me slowly open my eyes and groan. I had fallen asleep and did not know when it happened, that trip took a great deal of energy out of me. My contacts got dry, so I had to blink a few times before seeing anything more than an outline of a person. Finally, my eyes were moist again. It was Sandeul, waking me up.
 
"Sorry to wake you up." He said, not shaking me anymore. "You kind of felt asleep on my shoulder and didn't know what to do."
 
"Don't be sorry. I should be sorry, thanks for waking me up.". I was embarrassed but it was too dark for anyone to notice. I'm so stupid. How dumb do you have to be to fall asleep on a strangers shoulder. Ugh, whatever. 
 
I got up and noticed Catherine was not in the room and all the guys were ready for bed. I said "goodnight" and left to the other room. I saw my sister laying in the bed and I laid next to her. I said goodnight to her and was falling asleep when a sudden outburst woke me up.
 
"Oh my cheese! Are we staying in B1A4's dorm?" Cat asked in disbelief.
 
"Fudge, Ca." I said angrily. "You scared the out of me." I felt like punching her. "Yes, we are. It's no big woops, now go to sleep."
 
With that the room went quiet and I finally fell asleep.
 
 
**************
Thanks for reading. Hope you guys like it. Please comment!!!