Chapter 10.5

I'm Not Predictable
     Where the heck did she go at 8:00pm!? All she's doing is worrying me with her messed up self. I wonder if she went with the guys and if she did why didn't she take me with her? Maybe she met up with Jinyoung. Uh, I wonder if there's anything going on between them. I'm just going to call Gongchan and find out if she's over there. But, I can't ask directly because then if Jinyoung is not at the dorm they'll piece one and one together.
 
    I took my phone out and looked for his name. There it was in the G section with his picture. My heart rate elevated a bit when I looked at his picture in my contacts. I know I'm trying to be just his friends but, it's so hard when he's so great towards me.
 
  I pressed 'call', it rang three times before he picked it up.
 
"Cathy?" 
 
"Yeah." I said shyly.
 
"Hey, what's up?" 
 
My breathing was a little shallow, I tried my best to stay cool.
 
"Nothing, just bored. What are you guys doing?" I asked calmly this time.
 
"Not much, we're just getting ready to go to bed early today. Well, actually I don't have to but, Baro and Shinwoo have a radio interview tomorrow. Jinyoung went out real quick but, he's supposed to go to the studio tomorrow. Also, I remember Sandeul telling me that he was taking your sister to the medical school to turn in an application." He replied.
 
So, Jessy is with Jinyoung. This girl, she tells me not to get involved and look at her.
 
"She didn't tell me she was going out tomorrow." I sighed. "I guess I'll just stay at the hotel room all day by myself."
 
"Well, I'm going to be alone all day also. Why don't you come over tomorrow and we'll be alone together."  Gongchan suggested.
 
"If you have nothing else to do..." 
 
"I don't." Gongchan said, cutting me off.
 
"Okay then." I smiled to myself. 
 
"So, what are you doing right now?" Gongchan asked. I was surprised, he was trying to make conversation.
 
I laid on my bed and bit my lip.
 
"Just here, bored."
 
"I had a lot of fun today." He commented.
 
"Me too." I rolled on my back. "What are YOU doing right now?"
 
"I'm just laying on my bunk." Gongchan chuckled.
 
"In guessing you're by yourself because Jinyoung's not there."
 
"Yup." He paused, then continued. "So, do you like it here so far?"
 
"I do, I actually love it. Actually, don't tell my sister but, I'm looking into schools here where my credits would transfer." 
 
"Oh really." His voice sounded surprised. "How's the search going so far? And why can't you tell your sister?"
 
"Actually, it's looking really promising." I got up from the bed, and began walking over to the kitchen for some water. "I don't want my sister to know because I want things to be for sure first."
 
"That's understandable."  
 
"So, what time is good for tomorrow?" I asked, changing the subject. 
 
"How about ten?" He suggested.
 
"Okay, sounds good, I don't wake up early anyways." I chuckled.
 
"I don't either unless I really have to." He also chuckled. "In that case don't eat breakfast, I'll cook us some."
 
"You cook?" I asked bewildered. 
 
"Not much but, I know how to make some things."
 
At that same moment I heard someone opening the front door. 
 
"I have to go, Gongchan. I'll see you tomorrow at ten." I said into the phone.
 
"Okay, have a goodnight." 
 
"Goodnight." I then hung up.
 
I wanted to jump of happiness but, soon after my sister walked into the room. I crossed my arms and glared at her.
 
"What?" Jessy asked.
 
"Where were you?" I asked instead.
 
"I went out." She quickly replied.
 
"With Jinyoung?" 
 
"I'm 21 years old, I don't think I have to tell you who I went out with." She said with an attitude.
 
"You're incredible. You tell me not to crush on Gongchan but, you go messing around with Jinyoung." I retorted.
 
"I wasn't messing around with Jinyoung." She sighed. "We talked about what happened and came to a conclusion."
 
"Which was..." I motioned her to continue with my hand.
 
"That we are just and will be just friends." She walked over to the sofa and sat down. "By the way, I'm going out tomorrow with Sandeul to take an application to the medical school."
 
"Oh okay." I said with a shrug. "Well, I'm going to go sleep. Goodnight."
 
"Night."
 
**********************
 
    I woke up at around 8:45am, Jessy was already gone. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I looked in the mirrored and smiled. 
 
Cathy, chill. I took a deep breath. You're just hanging out with a friend. The dorm wasn't far from the hotel, I decided to take the bus there. It was a twenty minute bus ride and soon I arrived. I took a deep calming breath as I stood in front of the familiar building. I went up the steps and stopped in front of the door. I knocked three times and waited... Suddenly the door opened.
 
"Hey." Gongchan said happily as he opened the door. He then quickly looked around, making sure nobody was looking. "Come in."
 
I shyly stepped in and could smell that someone had definitely been cooked. I was starving.
 
"Make yourself comfortable." Gongchan said. "I'm almost done."
 
I nodded and sat on the couch, looking around. I haven't been here since the first day we arrived in Korea. 
 
Soon Gongchan called for me to join him at the table. I sat on the floor across from him and looked at what he cooked.
 
"Looks pretty good." I complemented.
 
"I hope it tastes good, I barely ever cook." He chuckled then took food into his mouth. "It's not so bad."
 
"It isn't." I agreed after tasting his cooking.
 
    We finished eating and decided to watch a scary movie. To make it even scarier we tried to make the room as dark as possible. Gongchan microwaved some popcorn and we sat down in his room to watch the movie.
 
    I wasn't really scared, I'm not easily scared. Gongchan on the other hand was visibly scared. The room was so dark , I could barely see him. Suddenly, something popped up on the screen, making Gongchan yelp and grabbed onto me, hugging me; I froze.
 
"I'm sorry." He said and I could tell he was really close to me.
 
 I stopped breathing for a second, finally I replied. "It's okay."  I tapped his left arms with my right hand for comfort.
 
Then, out of nowhere he pressed he's cheek onto mines and said. "You're so sweet, Cathy."
 
I felt as if I could die, my heart was beating so fast. This whole trying to stay friends thing was so difficult. I couldn't take it anymore.
 
"Thank you." I replied, turning my head and placing a kiss on his cheek.
 
I could feel him tense up, he didn't pull away but, I could tell he was blushing, his cheek was warm. He turned his head to look at me, through the dim light, I could see his faces inches from mines. The room went quiet and all I could hear was my heartbeat and the TV. 
 
"I'm sorry." I whispered when I noticed things have gotten awkward.
 
"Don't be sorry." Gongchan whispered back.
 
I felt as his hands grabbed my face, carefully turned it to the side, and gently kissed my cheek.
 
My heart stopped... 
 
"We're missing the movie." I said trying to hide the shakiness in my voice.
 
"You're right." Gongchan said with a chuckled.
 
I smiled and we both turned back to the movie. Soon after, I felt Gongchan placed his hand on top of my hand, my heart skipped a beat. I had no idea what was going on, whether this meant something or not. I didn't really care at this moment, I just wanted to stay like this with him.  
 
*************
 
So, here's Cathy's first half chapter. All the half chapters will be Cathy's and probably shorter.
Chapter 11, will hopefully be posted soon.
 
Tell me what you think!