Chapter 3

I'm Not Predictable

 

     I woke up around 8 a.m. in the morning and I still feel so tired, it must be the 11 hour difference. I know it was 9 p.m. back in Orlando, so, I decided to call my mom. Everyone was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake them up. I was about to make my call outside, but, I decided against it. I might get locked outside. The most logical thing that came to my mind at 8 a.m. was to lock myself in the bathroom. Made total sense, right?
 
    I was able to speak with my mother, who was getting ready for bed. Weird how she's going to sleep soon and I just woke up. I told her everything was okay, that Korea seemed pretty, that people were nice, ect... Of course, leaving the part out of my sister and me staying with five male strangers...
 
    I came out of the bathroom and sat on the couch. I was hungry. This was not my house, I did not dare to check the fridge, and I did not know my way around to find a place to buy food. The airbnb check-in it's not until 3 p.m.
 
 I'm going to die of hunger!
 
I suddenly heard a door opening and closing. I froze on the couch, as if not moving would make me invisible. I saw one of the guys, I could not recall who went directly into the bathroom. I was soon joined by Sandeul and CNU in the living room. Neither one spoke, I wasn't sure if it was because they haven't brush their teeth or what, but the awkwardness couldn't be more intense. One by one they went into the bathroom and came out more talkative. The first one who came out of the bathroom was Jinyoung. CNU went next, then Sandeul. The rest of the guys then woke up and did the same. My sister was still sleeping, which was no surprise.
 
"Hey, Jessy." Jinyoung began, looking uncertain. I can tell he doesn't fully trust us. We're on the same page . "Go with Gongchan to a nearby dinner. There you can buy breakfast. The rest of us will get the table ready."
 
Two things were going through my head at that moment: Should I leave my sister alone? And what table? There was just a small table with no chairs.
 
I decided to go with Gongchan because I was starving and getting cranky. Gongchan wore a black cap, black jeans, and a black shirt. Instead of looking like an idol, he looked like a mugger. 
 
"What part of the U.S. are you guys from?" Gongchan suddenly asked as we made our way down the stairs.
 
"We live in Orlando, Florida." I replied.
 
"Is that were Disney is?" He then inquired.
 
"No." I shook my head. "It's nearby."
 
"Oh, I want to go to Disney." He said happily.
 
The whole time he had to look down at me. "You're short." How blunt... and I know. "You're like a little mouse." Seriously... A mouse, a dirty rodent. Well, I can be the clean ones that live in laboratories.
 
I smiled. "I guess I am. Your pretty tall though..." I had the impression Koreans were short. How stereotypical.
 
We finally arrived at the place, Gongchan ordered then helped me understand the menu. 
 
*************
 
Back at the dorm, we all had our breakfast, crammed in that small table on the floor with no chairs... We just sat on the floor, weird. We actually had conversations and the guys gave us tips on where we can go visit in Korea. It was still only 12:30 a.m. and according to the address the hotel was 15 minutes away, so there was no use in leaving now. We all sat in the living room/floor, we didn't all fit on the sofa.
 
"So, do people listen to B1A4 in the U.S.?" Sandeul asked, a little hyper.
 
"Yes." Cathy replied. "From what I've seen, a lot of people do."
 
This new piece of information seemed to make them super excited and loud.
 
"How about you girls, do you like B1A4?" Sandeul questioned.
 
"I do. You guys are great!" Cathy replied, then all eyes me.
 
I smirked. "I don't." They all frowned. "Can you guys sing something for me? Maybe I'll change my mind."
 
"What do you want to hear?" Sandeul asked.
 
"How a about OK?"
 
They looked at each other, stood up and began performing. I was enjoying, it was my favorite song from them. I think Gongchan should sing with more confidence though. His voice is so sweet, they're all really talented.
 
I looked at the time on my phone, it was 2:30 p.m. already. I got up from the couch. "Well, thank you for everything. We really appreciate it." I motioned for Cathy to get up. "It's almost time for the check-in."
 
Cathy and I went into the room and began re-packing whatever we had taken out last night. 
 
"I knew it!" Cathy suddenly shouted.
 
"The heck, Ca. Are you doing this on purpose!" She scared the crap out of me once more.
 
She had a big smile on her face. "Here." She handed me a sheet of paper. I took it and read it. Ohhh, it was the reservation for the airbnb She did do it for yesterday. 
 
"I'll definitely argue this." I assured her. Be sure of that. 
 
I was so thankful CNU called us a cab.
 
"Well... I guess this is goodbye." I said, Cathy and I standing at the doorway.
 
"Thank you for everything." Cathy added.
 
"No, problem." Baro replied.
 
"Thanks for not killing us." Sandeul said, Gongchan quickly nudge him. "Gosh, I'm just kidding."
 
"Don't worry Gongchan, we own a sense of humor." Cathy said in Sandeul's defense.
 
 We all stayed quiet, still standing at the doorway.
 
"Taxi's waiting... Um, Bye." I said awkwardly, Cathy followed.
 
They waved and said 'bye'.
 
"Well, that was... Did that really happened?" Cathy asked, once we were in the cab.
 
"What?" I began. "Someone knocking you down, scrapping the out of your knee, we end up sleeping over B1A4's dorm, because it seems they do that when feeling guilty, and that if we stayed in the streets we might be mistaken for Russian es and we're not even Russian?"
 
She just looked at me. "Exactly."
 
"I feel like I was in a wet dream. Except, you were there, it wasn't a dream, and it wasn't dirty."
 
"You're a weird ." Cathy glared at me.
 
"I know." I smirked. "I need to get laid."
 
"Eww, shut up." Cathy whined. I'm sure she was thankful the driver did not speak English.... Or did he?
 
We pulled up at the airbnb, I payed the driver.
 
"Thank you." He said, giving us an awkward smile. Oh. He knew English.
 
Once inside the building we noticed it wasn't as bad as we thought it might be. We grabbed our bags and walked inside the lobby where we met with the host. I put my game face on.
 
"Good morning." The host lady said, I was glad she spoke English.
 
"Good morning." I mimicked.
 
"Did you find the place okay?" She nicely asked.
 
"Yes but we had a reservation for yesterday. My sister messaged and was told there was no reservation. Here's the confirmation email." I handed her the piece of paper. 
 
She looked at it and typed in the reservation number. "I see." SHe said as she checked her phone. "It seems that I misspelled your name in the reservation. "
 
   
      "We couldn't find a hostel or hotel room." I exclaimed. "We literally slept in the subway bathroom." Not true.... "My sister is a minor, people even asked us if we were Russian es!" 
 
"Please calm down." The host said a bit nervous. "I will fix this."
 
After a few minutes working in her phone, she spoke.
 
"I can't return you the money for the day wasted." Oh heck no... "But, I can upgrade you to a better place, free of charge." Oh heck yes...
 
We were escorted to our new place in the dame building. It wasn't a presidential suit, but, it was better than our previous airbnb, at least we had our own rooms. We quickly started unpacking.
 
"Cathy, I feel like I'm missing something." I said, while folding my clothes. 
 
"You have your cell phone and tablet?" She asked.
 
"Yes." I replied, checking to make sure.
 
"Then you're not missing anything." She shrugged.
 
It felt good, sleeping feeling safe.
 
************
 
I know it's shorter, sorry.
Please comment!