Chapter 17.5

I'm Not Predictable

I heard how my sister ran like a maniac towards the door. Idiot. I could hear Gongchan’s voice and my heart melted. Why does he have that effect on me?

I was lying in bed, not wanting to get up.

“Ugh, I’m so lazy.”

There was a knock at my door and I obviously knew it was Gongchan.

“Come in.” I shouted, not even making an effort to stand up.

I turned to my side to watch as Gongchan cautiously opened the door and slipped in. He looked so cute with his dark jeans and bottom down shirt.

“Are you going to lie there all day?” Gongchan said playfully, placing his hands on his sides.

I groaned and flipped to my back. “Lay with me.” I said shyly looking over at him.

Gongchan’s eyes widened but he slowly came closer to the bed until he was making his way under the covers. We both just stared at the ceiling. I could not bring myself to look over at him. I gathered all my courage and scooted closer to him.

                I felt as he lifted his arm and place it above my head so I could get closer. I repositioned my head on his arm. I tilted my head slightly to be able to sneak a peek at Gongchan. Gongchan did the same thing at the same time and we ended up making eye contact. I quickly looked away.

                We were so unexperienced at relationships it felt as if we were learning about this together. I know a little by seeing Jessy but truthfully, my sister is pretty inexperienced herself.

“What are you thinking about?” Gongchan asked and I quickly came back to the realization; I was on Gongchan’s arm.

“About you?” What was the point of lying?

Gongchan blushed. “I hope it’s nothing bad.” He said, touching the tip of my nose with his finger.

I was not used to guys like Gongchan; guys who were adorable and acted cute but at the same time maintained a manly side to them, especially when they needed to.

“Let’s go out today. Where do you want to go?” He asked, repositioning himself. My face was now on his chest while both of his arms embraced me. He smelled so nice. Like clean clothes and a nice man cologne.

 “I don’t know. I’m not from here.” I shrugged.

I felt Gongchan shake as he chuckled. “Sometimes I forget you’re only here temporarily.”

Those words hit me with the realization that my time with Gongchan was numbered. There was an uncomfortable silence between us. I guess the thought hit both our minds. We were brought back by the front door slamming close.

“How about we go have some Korean street food?” Gongchan offered.

Food. That was a great idea, I’m starving.

“Yeah.” I said overly excited, propping myself up on my left elbow.

Gongchan smiled and tackled me with a hug, making me slightly fall on top of him. I pushed myself up; Gongchan’s was extremely close. I looked at his lips and my breath was caught up in my throat. We haven’t kiss since our first kiss and I was beginning to miss having Gongchan so close to me. I must have been giving myself away with my eyes because I noticed Gongchan leaning a bit forward, his lips slightly puckering. I automatically began leaning down, my eyes closing when our lips touched. His lips were like morphine and I was an addict.

I know. I want to punch myself right now for being so corny.

Gongchan pushed himself up, our lips still connected.

He swiftly flipped me over; he was now towering over me. His right hand was on the back of my head and his left hand entangling with my right hand, pushing it against the bed to the side of my head.

 Gongchan. This was so hot.

Gongchan pulled away and smiled. “Are you okay?”

That smile. Oh God.

“I-I’m-I’m okay.” I replied, sounding like a two year old trying to utter a comprehensive sentence.

“Good.” He smirked and quickly kissed me again before rolling off the bed. “I’ll go ahead and let you get ready. Please don’t take more than fifteen minutes.”

I snorted. “Who do I look like? Jessy?”

Gongchan laughed and walked out the door. I quickly gathered some comfortable yet cute clothes and changed. I did my hair and applied some make-up. I walked into the living room to see Gongchan sitting on the couch playing with his phone.

“I’m ready.” I announced.

Gongchan stood and out we were. We took a bus to downtown Seoul. I noticed there was a great amount of food stands and a greater amount of people walking around. There were many tourist and many locals.

“You haven’t had breakfast. So let’s hurry and try something.” Gongchan smiled as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

We walked around excitedly until we saw a small stand that called both our attention. Gongchan ordered for us and handed the shop owner a few wons. I grabbed the tornado potato and took a bite. I extended it Gonchan and he also took a bite.

“So good.” He said, letting a satisfactory breath out.

“I know.” I said after swallowing. We were sharing, this way we wouldn’t get so full.

We kept walking and soon finished the potato. I felt as Gongchan tugged on my arm and dragged me to another stand; there he ordered a French fry corn dog. Oh dang, today is going to be a fry food day.

“Should you be eating this, wont the company be angry if you gain weight?” I said jokingly.

“Nah. This is once in a while.” He replied then took a big bite of the corn dog, handling me the rest.

We continued walking down the busy streets. It smelled so good everywhere.  Next we spotted a stand at the edge of the street there they had a wider variety of things. Gongchan ordered Tteokbokki, baby Gimbap, and Odeng. Gongchan fed me some Tteokbokki and it was great. I then tried the Gimbap, which was delicious. The Odeng was fish cakes and they tasted so good. I’ve never tried these before so it was a great experience for my palate.

“How about some dessert.” Gongchan suggested.

Oh yes.

“How can I say no to dessert?” I said with a huge grin which made Gongchan laugh.

The first thing that called my attention was these cookies with a shape in the middle, Dalgona. My cookie’s middle was the shape of a heart, I tried to eat the edges carefully, but my heart broke. Gongchan managed to get his fish cut out perfectly. The vendor gave us another free cookie and Gongchan handed it to me.

“Can I give this to Jessy?” I asked with a small smile. I felt kind of guilty being here without her. I guess Sandeul should bring her some time.

The next thing Gongchan and I ate was Hotteok. There’s one word I can use to describe this, WOW. It was warm and sweet. The texture was so amazing, I just completely loved it. I ordered another one to take it to my sister. I know she’ll love this; she really has a sweet tooth.

I told Gongchan I really didn’t like sweet red bean paste but, he convinced me to try fish bread which was filled with red bean. I just took a small bite of his and it wasn’t that bad but I’m still not a fan.

“I’m stuffed.” Gongchan said while he patted his non-existent gut.

I felt very full also.

“How about we head back to the hotel?” I suggested.

“Sounds good.” Gongchan grinned.

We began walking to the bus stop but I was quickly drawn to a facial care store. I tugged at Gongchan’s hand and pulled him towards the shop. I have always been interested in skin care and I had heard Korean facial product was top notch. I was so excited to see so many options that I separated from Gongchan and began exploring by myself.

I paid for the few things I grabbed and turned to look for Gongchan at the last place I saw him. Instead of finding Gongchan and small group of girls squealing called my attention. I walked towards them and sneaked a peek at what all the commotion was about. My greatest fear came alive and it was Gongchan; he was being surrounded by fangirls. He was just awkwardly smiling at the fans while they took pictures and asked for selcas and autographs.

Gongchan saw me over the wave of girls and gave me a wary look. Something inside me snapped and I quickly came to the realization that Gongchan was an idol, adored my thousands of girls, and that he will not have a normal life anytime soon. I am destined to return to the states and he will go on with his career and forget about me with the help of his fans. These thought were definitely very upsetting. Without me realizing it my eyes began to water.

I adverted my eyes to the ground hiding the tears that were forming. I turned away from the commotion and walked out the door. Somehow I managed to make my way to the hotel without getting lost. I locked the door behind me. I didn’t even bother to turn on the light. I just sat in the sofa, crying in the dark. This all felt like a fairy-tale and all fairy-tales come to an end.

I didn’t know how long I had sat there crying but after some time I heard the front door open and Jessy walked in.

“Ca, what’s wrong?” Jessy asked with a worry tone. She quickly made her way to sit next to me.

I explained to her about the incident that happened earlier and the thought that’ve been poisoning my mind.

“You want my opinion?” she asked and I didn’t know if I did or not.

“Sure.” I said unsurely. Knowing my sister she doesn’t always say what I want to hear.

“You need to stop letting stupid things like that bother you.” She began. “You have known he was an idol even before you met him. You should be happy that you got to meet him. You should be even happier that you guys clicked and now you are dating. We don’t know what might happen in the future, so stop worrying so much about it.”

I looked at my sister with tear filled eyes and realized she was right. I can’t try to control something that is out of my control. I fill like such an idiot for overreacting. I hate drama, gosh I feel dirty with it.

“You’re right.” I said, wiping my eyes. “Thanks.”

My sister smiled and hugged me. “How about we go out for dinner? You must be tired of my cooking.”

“Sound good.” I replied then remembered about the cookie in my bag. “Here.” I said, handling it to her.

“Thank you.” She smiled as she grabbed it, opened it, and began eating it. “I’m going to the restroom. When I come back we’ll go.”

“Okay.” I nodded.

I soon heard a knock at the door and quickly made my way to open it.

“Gongchan.” I said when I saw my tall honey in front of me. I had a mix feeling of happiness and embarrassment.

“Hey.” He smiled and I noticed his hand was behind his back. “I got you this.”

He extended a small plastic bag at me. I grabbed it happily and looked inside. “Thank you so much.” I said as I pulled out body spray bottle. I sprayed it on me and it smelled amazing.

“I’m sorry, I kind of ditched you.” Gongchan apologized and I felt guilty.

“Don’t apologize. I overreacted and I just want to forget anything happened.” I said looking down.

I felt as Gongchan wrapped his arms around me and my hair.

“I’m glad to see everything is okay.” We both jumped when we suddenly heard my sister’s annoying, high pitch voice.

“Jessy.” I scolded at her.

She just laughed. “We’re going out for dinner. You want to come.”

“Thanks. I should go home though; I have schedule tomorrow.” Gongchan said.

“Oh okay.” Jessy replied and hugged him. “I’ll see you later then.”

“Bye.” He said hugging her back then came to hugged me. He then pulled away and softly pecked my lips. “I’ll text you.” He said as he walked away, leaving me in a dazed.

“Snap out of it, I’m hungry.” My sister said as she snapped her fingers in front of me.

.

 

 

 

Hope you all enjoy this chapter, and thank you guys for subscribing and commenting ^^ 

Also my sister and I are doing a traveling blog for a trip we're planning to take to Europe and South Korea it will be awesome if you guys could check it out.

http://traveling2gether.wordpress.com/

Thank you guys again!