Chapter 15

I'm Not Predictable

I walked next to Sandeul, my hands shoved into my pockets as I stared to the ground. We were making our way towards the hotel. I didn’t speak and neither did Sandeul. For some odd reason I felt very ashamed. There’s so many things I wanted to say… to ask, but my lips did not move. Suddenly, Sandeul wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I froze.

“Why are you so serious?” He chuckled. “Deep in thought, huh?”

I smiled awkwardly. “Yeah, just thinking.”

“Jessy, stop thinking so much.” Sandeul said squeezing my shoulders. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it might pop out of my chest. “Take a break from your mind and pay attention to me.”

I turned to look at him and smiled. “Look at little Deullie, wanting attention.” I teased.

“Ahh, you’re acting cute, aren’t you?” His arm was still around my shoulders. Huh, so he’s teasing me now.

I narrowed my eyes at him and looked at the arm he had around me. He noticed and quickly removed it, laughing awkwardly.

“Did I embarrass you?” I said smugly.

I could see Sandeul turning red. We were already in the hallway of the hotel; everything looked isolated. I was startled when Sandeul suddenly grabbed my shoulders and carefully pushed me against the wall, placing his right arm on the wall to my left and his left arm to my right.  I was trapped between him and the wall. He leaned forward, just inches away from my face. I gulped. I could feel myself burning up, my heart trying to jump out of my chest.

“Am I making you nervous?” He smirked.

I was gazing down but then shifted my gaze, looking into Sandeul’s eyes.

“Yes, you are.” I answered sincerely and with a smirk. Fake confidence.

Sandeul smiled, and then quickly bit his bottom lip. “Good. Don’t tease me again, got it?.”

“What are you going to do if I do?” I said bravely.

Sandeul smirked once again. “Are you challenging me?” He said, playfully.

“What if I am?” I said then bit my inner cheek, I’m pretty sure I broke some skin.

Sandeul and I stared at each other, not moving from this position.

“Jessy, Sandeul.” We heard someone call.

Sandeul jumped back and looked to his left. I turned to look too. Jinyoung?

I wanted to die. I thought he was going to wait for me to call him!

“What’s going on?” Jinyoung asked.

“What are you doing here, hyung?” Sandeul asked instead.

“Jessy is my friend, I’m visiting her.” Jinyoung replied.

“Oh.” Sandeul simply said. He turned towards me and bowed. “I have to go. I’ll see you later, bye.”

“Bye.” I said in disappointment and sighed.

As soon as Sandeul was out of sight I turned to Jinyoung. “I thought you were going to wait for me to call you.”

“It was getting late; I thought you might not call.” He replied.

“Where’s Cathy?” I asked instead.

“She’s at the dorm with Gongchan, they’re fine. Are you avoiding me?” Jinyoung replied.

“I’m not. I was going to call you.” I said in my defense. I was.

“What were you and Sandeul up to? You both seemed really close when I saw you.” Jinyoung said as he crossed his arms.

“We just went to the park. Why are you being so possessive?” I said. I couldn’t help but to give him an edge of attitude in my voice.

“I’m not being possessive.” Jinyoung said defensively.

I opened the door to the room then ce again to Jinyoung. “Come in; don’t make a scene out here. Don’t forget you’re an idol and have an image to hold.”

“Before being an idol, I’m human and have feelings.” Jinyoung said, this time sounding kind of upset.

I was so confuse at Jinyoung’s intentions. What did he want from me? More ? Is he going to keep ruining my time with Sandeul?

“Stop spacing out!” Jinyoung shouted, making me jump.

“What the heck, Jinyoung. Calm down.” I was starting to get angry at this whole situation.

“Well pay attention to me.” Jinyoung argued.

“What do you want from me?” I said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

“I think I like you.” Jinyoung blurted out.

No, no, no! This is not going to turn into one of those situations were two friends turn against each other for some . Sandeul might not like me but just in case I don’t want this to turn into a drama.

“Jinyoung, are you sure about your feeling?” I asked, my desperation taking the best of me.

“Well, no.” He replied. “I’m confused. I don’t know if I feel this way because I want you physically.”

I sighed. “Jinyoung, we’re friends. What happened happened. But, let’s not mistake ual attraction with true feelings.”

“Maybe we should do it again, see if I’m just confused.” Jinyoung suggested.

I thought about it but quickly shook the insane idea out of my head. “Are you crazy?” I exclaimed. “Do you think making the same mistake twice will make all of this better?”

“It might.” Jinyoung replied, shrugging.

I was losing my patience. “No it won’t!” I shouted. “Jinyoung, you’re being irrational. Stop with you cra-“

I was cut off by Jinyoung’s lips violently crashing into mines. I tried to pull away but his grip was too strong. After a few seconds of trying to get myself free, Jinyoung let go of me.

“Jessy, I’m sorry things have turned like this.” He whispered. “But, I think I like you and I’m not going to just give up.”

I’ve never been one to be rude but I couldn’t take it. I need alone time. “Jinyoung can you please leave, I need to think.”

“I’ll give you your space.” Jinyoung said, looking down. “I’ll call you later.”

I nodded and watched as he walked out the door. I slumped onto the floor, my back against the wall. “What have I gotten myself into?” I said out loud. My eyes watered and I couldn’t hold back my tears. Why am I crying? I’m being weak.

I sat there for twenty minutes, just contemplating all that has happen in the amount of time I’ve been out of my comfortable life in Orlando. I didn’t notice when the door opened and Cathy stepped in with Gongchan. I looked up at them. I fixed my gazed on Gongchan and I could tell my face was full of shame.

I stood up and walked towards him. “Channie.” I began. “I- I’m sorry you had to see that. I know it might look bad but I didn’t want any of that to happen. I like Sandeul and I don’t want you to think of me in any negative way…”

I waited for him to scream, call me a , anything. However, instead he hugged me. I was startled but relieved.

“Noona, don’t cry.” He said softly. I didn’t even notice I had started tearing up. “I don’t think of you in any negative way. You were caught in the moment.” He pulled away and looked me in the eye. “Just be careful Sandeul hyung doesn’t find out. He’s the jealous type.”

“It doesn’t matter.” I said wiping my tears away. “He doesn’t like me.”

“You don’t know that.” Gongchan said trying to comfort me. “Hey, I don’t even know that and he’s my hyung. Nobody knows what Sandeul is thinking.”

“You’re so sweet, Gongchan.” I said as I hugged once again. I then turned to look at my sister. “You got lucky with this one. Don’t even think of going back with Brian.”

“Brian?” Gongchan questioned turning to look at my sister. “Who’s Brian?”

Oh … My sister gave me the nastiest look. Brian is her off again on again boyfriend for the past four years. They were off at the moment.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”  She turned and walked into her room.

Gongchan followed behind her saying something in Korean. I’m alone once more... I walked into my room and jumped on the bed.

“When did my life become a Korean drama?” I questioned out loud.

My phone then vibrated and I grabbed it, opening the text message.

From: Sandeul

                We need to talk…

Oh .. I waited ten seconds then replied.

To: Sandeul

Okay…. When?

I just stared at my phone as I waited for his reply.

From: Sandeul

Meet me tomorrow at the park.

To: Sandeul

Ok, see you then.

It took me two hours to fall asleep from the nerves

I awoke from the sunlight invading my room. Stupid daylight. I looked myself in the mirror and groaned. I brushed my hair and walked out the room. However, I quickly stopped when I saw Gongchan wearing Cathy’s guy pajama pants and one of her baggy shirts. It was 8:20am.

“Gongchan did you sleepover?” I asked in surprise.

“Yes, I did noona.” He smiled.

OMG.