Chapter 10

I'm Not Predictable
        I wanted to run and hide when I heard a knock at the door; this is so embarrassing. Cathy looked at my frozen image, rolled her eyes, and went to open the door, revealing five guys with hats, bandanas, and sunglasses. Instead of being low key, we looked like a gang. I glanced over at Jinyoung, he was looking at the floor. I quickly looked away. My head was pounding from my hangover; I wonder if Jinyoung has a hangover...
 
"Cathy, can I have some water? Please." Jinyoung asked.
 
Why couldn't he just ask me?
 
"Sure, you must be very thirsty." My sister said with double meaning.
 
I slightly shook my head, looking over at Jinyoung, he quickly adverted his gaze to the floor. Today is going to be a long day.
 
     We all headed to the van and drove away to the amusement park. When we got there the park seemed pretty empty. Most of the people at the amusement park were other foreigners. I was a bit glad, since being in Korea we have experienced some situations were we've been treated rudely for being a foreigner. However, we have received weird complements about our nose, eyes, and face shape. I can't seem to wrap my head around this culture just yet.
 
"Noona, stop daydreaming. Let's go in." I heard Gongchan say as he slightly shook me.
 
 I didn't notice I was daydreaming.
 
"Sorry, I space out sometimes." I replied with a laugh.
 
We all walked towards the entrance where our hand were stamp. I walked between Baro and Sandeul, Cathy was talking to Gongchan, and Jinyoung was walking next Shinwoo.
 
I was having an awful day, I was still hung over with a headache, and was feeling very self-conscious that Jinyoung saw me .
 
"Let's get on that one first." Baro pointed to a rollercoaster.
 
   We all agreed and got on it. I have to admit it was fun, and I was starting to enjoy myself, forgetting all my problems, when Baro suggested we go on a couple boat ride for fun. Obviously, it made no sense because we were an odd number of people, someone had to go alone. We all decided who would we go with by rock, paper, scissors; seems like we decide everything this way. I was dreading the chances of being paired up with Jinyoung. However, at the same time I knew we had to talk.
 
   It was now between Jinyoung and Sandeul who ever looses, goes alone.
 
"ka-wi-ba-wi-bo!" They both said at the same time.
 
Jinyoung picked scissors, while Sandeul picked rock. I was kind of a relief that Sandeul won. I'm postponing the awkward conversation the longest I can.
 
"Ready?" Sandeul asked with a smile as the boat approached.
 
I nodded. When the boat came to a complete stop, he stepped in. I was a bit confused when he didn't sit. He instead extended his hand and I stared at it for a second, I grabbed it. 
 
"Be careful." He said as he helped me balance into the boat.
 
What a gentleman, he was helping me get into the boat.
 
"Thank you." I said with a grin. That was nice, I even slightly blushed.
 
The ride began and we noticed it was a slow, boring ride.
 
"I knew we shouldn't have listen to Baro." Sandeul said as he shook his head.
 
I softly shoved his shoulder. "It's not that bad. It's really pretty in here."
 
"It is." Sandeul agreed, looking around at the pretty lights all around and the shining water.
 
"How much longer we'll you be here?" He asked after a short silence.
 
"Four more weeks." I said thinking.
 
 "It's still a long time." He mentioned. "Do you like Korea?"
 
"I do." I replied. "It's very different from the U.S."
 
"I want to visit the U.S. one day." he said looking straight ahead.
 
"You should." I agreed. "Maybe one day you guys can have a concert there."
 
"I hope that one day we are able to perform around the world." Sandeul said taking a deep breath as he looked up at the sparkling fake stars.
 
I stared at him, not letting him notice. This guy is full of passion, seriously. I looked at the water and smiled.
 
"You are all so dedicated, there is no doubt in my mind that one day it will happen."
 
"I'm so glad you believe in us, you're amazing for that." Sandeul replied.
 
I looked up at him, he was looking back at me.
 
"Thank you." I replied shyly.
 
We stared at each other for a bit until I looked away, feeling self-conscious. I adverted my gaze towards the front and saw the light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Soon after, the boat ride came to a stop and we both got out. Everyone else was waiting for us.
 
"Let's go see the picture." Cathy said excitedly.
 
"Picture?" I questioned.
 
"Yeah, they take a picture at the end. Didn't you see the flash?" Gongchan replied.
 
"No, did you see it Sandeul?"
 
"No, I didn't." Sandeul replied shaking his head.
 
"All you have to do is insert the boat number at that machine and it'll show you." Shinwoo informed us, pointing at the row of machines at the end.
 
"Do you want to go see it?" I asked Sandeul. 
 
"Sure." He said happily. 
 
We walked over to the first available machine. I dialed in the boat number and waited for the photo to pop up. A few seconds the picture appeared on the screen and I chocked on my own breath. They did take a picture and now I see why we didn't notice.
 
There we were looking at each other smiling. We looked like we were more than what we really are. I felt awkward, I didn't know what to say. From the corner of my eye I could see Sandeul shifting uncomfortably. 
Suddenly, we heard the others calling us and I felt as if I could breath again. We both turned around and ran towards the group. I quickly glanced back at the picture that was about to exit in five seconds and smiled.
 
Sincerely, it was a cute picture. 
 
We met up with the others.
 
"How about we get something to eat?" Jinyoung suggested.
 
Oh, I had forgotten about that whole situation. I quietly sighted, we still need to talk about it.
 
"I'll catch up with you guys. I really need to use the restroom." Sandeul said excusing himself.
 
Jinyoung nodded and we began walking. I noticed Jinyoung was walking by himself so I made my way next to him.
 
"We need to talk." I said casually, trying not to draw the attention of the others.
 
"I know." He sighed. "How about we meet at the coffee shop at the corner of the hotel at 8pm. We can get some coffee and walk to the park and talk privately."
 
"Good idea, I'll see you then." I nodded.
 
We quickly arrived to the small food court. I picked where I wanted to eat and stood in line, Cathy and Gongchan stood before me. They were laughing. What's so funny, eh?
 
"Cathy, what are you having?" I heard Gongchan ask my sister.
 
"I think I might try that." She said pointing at the menu. 
 
"Okay, then. I'll have that then." Gongchan added.
 
The cashier nodded. Before Cathy could reach for her wallet Gongchan pulled out his wallet and paid. Oh my gosh, he just pay for her meal. My sister was just blushing and saying thank you.
 
"Wow." I said to myself.
 
"Wow, what?" Someone asked behind me, making me jump with a yelp.
 
I turned around to a laughing Baro. 
 
"You scared the heck out of me." I said softly slapping his arm.
 
He just kept laughing.
 
"What are you having?" He was finally able to ask.
 
"I don't know." I shrugged.
 
"I'll order for you." He said and before I could object he gave the cashier two orders and paid.
 
"Yah, I could pay for myself." I said defensively.
 
"A real men never let's a lady pay." He replied.
 
"Well, thank you." I gave him a small bow.
 
While we waited for our food Baro kept making me laugh, he's so funny. 
 
"Hey, what's up?" Sandeul suddenly appeared.
 
"Just waiting for the food." Baro replied. "And you?"
 
"I just ordered." Sandeul added.
 
Finally, we all got our food and made our way to the tables where everyone sat eating. We all ate and talked. When we were all done eating, we decided to walk around for a bit. 
 
"Cathy, let's go in here!" I heard Gongchan exclaimed as he pulled my sisters arm towards one of those glass houses. "Come too, noona." He turn to call towards me.
 
I laughed and ran after them. Everyone then decided to follow. After that we got into a few more rides. Two hours later, we were tired and ready to leave. On the ride back to the hotel I sat in between Baro and Sandeul. They were both on their phone and me being nosey, I wanted to know what they were doing.
 
I finally gave in and asked. "What are you two doing?"
 
"Checking our twitter and tumblr." Baro replied.
 
"Tumblr?" I said surprised. "I bet you see some weird things there."
 
They laughed. I grabbed my bottle of water and took a drink.
 
"Yeah, I think the weirdest things are the fan fictions." Sandeul said with a chuckle.
 
I almost chocked on my water. Oh my, I've read a few, some are kind of crazy.
 
"Which are the weirdest ones?" I asked curiously.
 
"The ones that pair us with each other." Sandeul grimaced.  "I get pair with Baro all the time."
 
"I think it's funny." Baro said. "Jessy, have you read any?"
 
"No." I stated shortly. I was a bit embarrassed that I have.
 
Soon after we arrived at the hotel. It was already 6:08pm, I had almost two hours before I meet with Jinyoung. In that time I had left-overs for dinner, took a shower, got dress, did my hair, and make-up. 
 
"Cathy, I'll be back in about an hour." I called while walking out the door, not giving her a chance to reply.
 
It was 7:55pm when I arrived at the coffee shop. Jinyoung was already there, sitting on a bench right in front of the place. I waved at him when he looked up.
 
"Let's go order something to drink." He offered with a smile.
 
"Sure." 
 
He stood up and I followed him inside the coffee shop. He ordered us something to drink, I tried to pay but he didn't let me. As soon as we got our drink we left to the nearby park. There we sat on a bench that over looked the lake. Neither one of us spoke for a while. Finally, he broke the silence.
 
"So, what are we going to do?"
 
"I don't know." I replied, taking a sip of my drink. "We used protection, I'm pretty sure we're safe on that aspect."
 
We sat facing each other on the bench.
 
"I know. But, do were have feelings for one another?" Jinyoung questioned.
 
I don't know do we? Do I? I'm confused.
 
"In not sure..." I sighed, my eyes were focused down at the drink on my hand.
 
"Me neither." Jinyoung also sighed. He stayed quiet for a while then spoke again. "Do you want to figure it out for sure?" 
 
Without moving my head my eyes adverted towards Jinyoung. 
 
"I guess it's worth giving it a try."
 
Slowly our faces began to inch closer and our eyes closed; soon our lips were touching. After a few seconds our lips parted and our tongue's touch. We kissed for what seemed longer than it really was. Simultaneously, we pulled away, our breathing was shallow. I had no doubt in my mind about my feelings.
 
"What did you feel?" Jinyoung asked in between breaths.
 
"Let's say it at the same time. This way our answers can't be influence by the other's." I suggested.
 
"Agreed. At three, okay? One, two, three." 
 
"Nothing." We both replied.
 
After our reply we both laughed. I guess it was a laugh of relief, things won't be getting complicated.
 
"Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the kiss and the other thing too but, I have no feelings beyond enjoyment." I explained.
 
"I understand." Jinyoung began. "I enjoyed it also but, I just don't see myself in a relationship at this moment."
 
"It was just between two consenting adults. Let's just keep this between ourselves, no one else needs to know." I added, taking the last sip of my drink.
 
"Now that everything is solved, how about I walk you to the hotel?" Jinyoung offered.
 
"Sure, I would like that." I replied.
 
We both stood up and through our cups away. I hugged Jinyoung and he looked surprised. 
 
"Thank you for being willing to clear this up." I coed.
 
He hugged me back, shortly we both pulled away. 
 
*******************************
 
Please let me know what you think. 
 
Next chapter is a half-chapter, 10.5. It's from Cathy's POV. Chapter 11 will soon follow.