Chapter 17

I'm Not Predictable

 

I was mentally freaking out as I made my way to the park to meet Jinyoung. I kept thinking about how that morning went. I had gone to talk to Baro then spent the rest of the day with Sandeul. Ah, Sandeul.

Flashback

I tried my best to look casual chic when I exercised. I had on yoga pants, running shoes, and a fitting, kind of loose t-shirt. I have been running almost every morning and today was one of my running days. I had gone running almost 2 hours before I had to meet up with Baro.

                Running helped me relax and think more clearly and right now I needed all the help I could get. What am I going to tell Baro? The truth? Can I do that?

After finishing my four mile run, I stopped for a breather and looked at the time on my phone. It was 9:45am; thankfully the coffee shop was only a few blocks away from the park. I went into the restroom and dried off. I grabbed my bag from the locker and freshened up a bit. I walked to the coffee shop, hoping Baro would stand me up. To my great disappointment Baro was already sitting at a table with two cups of coffee, how thoughtful.  He quickly spotted me and waved me over. I shamefully made my way towards him.

“Hey.” I said as I sat down.

“Hey.” He replied with a small smile.

 “Where you at the gym?” he asked as he looked at my gym bag and attire.

“I went running.” I clarified.

“So, how are you?” things definitely felt awkward.

“I’m okay… you?” I answered.

“Good, good. So, are you going to tell me what that was all about yesterday?” Wow, right to the point.

I gulped. Oh G. Help.

Taking a deep breath I replied a bit too loudly. “I slept with Jinyoung.”

I quickly covered my mouth and looked around when I noticed my tone was a bit too high. Thankfully, most everyone around was Korean and probably did not understand or cared about what I was talking about. Baro on the other hand looked completely shocked.

“Does that mean what I think it means?” he questioned, still looking in shock.

I nodded; shame plastered all over my face.

“Okay.” He took a deep breath. “Tell me everything.”

“I’m just going to summarize it.” I stated. “I was having an awful day about two weeks ago and Jinyoung and I were getting close plus he was the only one who was at the dorm that day. I called him and asked him to come over and to bring some alcohol. He came over and he was really supportive. I was very thankful towards him and drunk, one thing led to another and it happened; the next day I completely regretted it. I tried to forget about it but it seems Jinyoung is confused about the whole situation and thinks he might have feelings for me and I just don’t know what to do.”

“Huh.” Baro exhaled. “Now you and Sandeul are dating and Sandeul has no idea what happened, right?”

“You know about us?” I asked, surprised. I thought Sandeul and I decided to keep it on the down low.

“I’m his best friend and we’re the same age, he tells me everything.” Baro explained.

“He hasn’t told Jinyoung or CNU?”

“He’s afraid of what the hyungs would say. So, nope.” I took a deep breath and exhaled in relief.

“What should I do?” I wanted to see what advise Baro could give me.

“Tell him.” He said simply. “Better you than someone else. Yeah he’s going to be mad but he’ll get over it.”

“That’s what Gongchan told me too.” I sighed. “I should.”

“About Jinyoung.” Baro took a deep breath. “I kind of understand him. You’re the second girl he’s been with…and probably the first one to be so well-developed.”

Now I just feel self-conscious. Is this shirt loose enough?

“Just talk to him and tell him about your feelings for Sandeul.” Baro added. “He might be hurt at first but he’ll spring back up like nothing with time.”

“Wow, Baro.” I gave him and small grin. “Thank you. This is some great advice.”

“I know.” He smirked “Anytime. I’m here if you need to talk.”

“Thanks.” I smiled then glanced at my phone. “Oh, it was nice seeing you but, I have to go Sandeul is coming by in an hour.”

Baro laughed. “Nice seeing you too. I’ll see you soon.”

Baro is so nice.

******

I freaked out when I heard a knock on the door. I’m sure it was Sandeul and I was not completely ready to go. I ran to the door with my hair have done and opened it.

“Oh.” I said blandly.

“Well. Nice to see you too.” Gongchan said, pretending to be hurt.

“Don’t be like that.” I playfully pushed him. “I thought you were Sandeul. You know I’m happy to see you.”

Gongchan grabbed my shoulder and walked me into the house. “I know, I know. I was just kidding noona. Now go and finish getting ready.”

Does it look that obvious I’m not ready?

“I know what you’re thinking and I can tell because your hair is in a bun and it’s never in a bun.” Gongchan said as if reading my mind.

“Channie, it freaks me out how much you know me.” I said crossing my arms. “Now go wake up Cathy, she’s in her room.”’

                I ran into the bathroom and got to work. When I finished I went into the kitchen for a cup of water. I sat in the sofa and waited for Sandeul to arrive. I began day dreaming about a crap load of useless things when I heard a knock. I shot up, ran to the door and calmly opened it.

There stood the most perfect man in whole South Korea and maybe the World.

“Good morning.” He said in a sort of seductive tone.

“Morning.”  I replied, melting at his words.

“You’re ready for our date?” He asked shyly.

Date. I liked the sound of that, date.

“Of course.” I smiled. “Oh, I’m sorry, but I have to be back at 6:30pm. I have an assignment due.” I hate lying but I really needed to speak to Jinyoung.

“Sure.” He smiled and grabbed my hand.

We walked down the streets of Seoul until we reached this tallish building. Kind of shady looking. After entering there was a man at a desk who Sandeul spoke in Korean with and handed him some money. I was very skeptical about this place but when I saw Sandeul’s smile I felt better. Once again he took my hand and led me up some stairs into a small corridor with four doors.

Oh fudge no! Is this a motel? Does Sandeul think I’m going to have with him so quickly! I was about to resist but decided against it. Maybe it’s not what it looks like.

He opened the door and I stepped in to see a bug screen TV and a sofa. What is this? Oh my gosh, it’s a place to record yourself having . Oh f-ing sick is this?!

I let go of Sandeul’s hand, slowly and cautiously backing away towards the door. Sandeul looked at me in confused.

“Jessy, what wrong?” he asked, looking very confused.

“Sandeul.” I began, taking a strong stance. “I don’t know what’s going through your mind or made you think I was okay with doing something so degrading as this. But, you need to rethink your plan because I am not down for this.”


“What are you talking about?”  He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and grabbing something from the table near him. “You don’t like karaoke?”

I noticed he had grabbed a microphone from the table. I’m such an idiot.

“I-I… I do like karaoke.” I said wanting to punch myself in the face.

Sandeul looked at me with suspicious, yet cute eyes. “What did you think was going on?”

I was too embarrassed to say what actually went through my mind but why lie?

“At first I thought this was a motel then, I thought this some kind of sicko place to make homemade movies.”

Sandeul just busted out laughing. “Oh my god. What kind of ert do you think I am?” he asked as he continued laughing.

I crossed my arms. “Okay, enough with making fun of me, let’s sing.”

I was too shy to sing in front of Sandeul, who is an awesome singer by the way. I told whom to do the honors and sing the first, second, and third song. He was amazing; I was completely drawn in to his singing. After the forth song he turned to me sternly.

“They have songs in English sing something. I can’t be the one singing only.”

“Why not?” I whined.”

“I’ll admit that’s cute but, you’re till singing.” He shook his head.

“First of all, I was not trying to be cute. Secondly, if it make you stop nagging and happy, I’ll sing.”

I grabbed the remote and picked a fun song to sing. I began shyly but got a bit more comfortable when Sandeul began singing with me. Oh yay! A duet with my Deullie.

After we were done, Sandeul turned towards me. “See you did great.”

“Whatevs.” I shrugged. “I had fun though.” I smiled and hugged him which seemed to have taken him by surprise because he froze for a second then hugged back. I was even more surprise when he pecked my lips.

I felt mesmerized. When Sandeul pulled away I just stared at him, my heart beating like crazy. I grabbed Sandeul hands and intertwined our fingers.

“Kiss me again.” I said softly, biting my bottom lip.

Sandeul looked at me with a slightly surprise look on his face, probably a little taken aback by my upfront-ness.

He gave me a derpy smile and leaned down, connecting our lips once again. When we pulled away I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. Sandeul literally takes my breath away.

“Our time is up.” Sandeul whispers his face still close to mines.

I looked at the wall clock and notice that indeed it was.

After the karaoke we headed to the Han River. Sandeul bought us some ramen and we ate it at a bench near the water. The day was bright and nice. It was hot but nice. Sandeul and I talked for what seemed like forever. I looked at my phone and gasped loudly as I stood from the bench, 6:36pm.

“What? What’s wrong?” Sandeul asked warily.

 “I need to go.” I said. “I’ll take a cab. I need to go by the store first.”

Sandeul seemed like he wanted to say something, but decided against it.

“Okay.” He stood up, facing me. “I’ll text you.”

I smiled. Should I kiss him? What the heck. I leaned up and pecked my lips on his.

“Take care, bye.”

“Bye.”  Sandeul said with a derpy face.

I smiled to myself as I walked away.

I took a cab directly to where I was going to meet Jinyoung. There was so much traffic so I was about ten minutes late.

When he saw me, he stood up and walked towards me.

“Hey.” He hugged me.

“Hey.” I said hugging back. “How are you?”

“I’m okay.” He shrugged.

We made our way to a nearby bench and sat down.

“What do you need to talk about?” Jinyoung asked getting straight to the point.

“We need to talk about us…” I trailed of, unsure of what to say. “I love having you as a friend. You’re a great person. I miss us hanging out and having fun without this whole drama. I regret that we had , it changed everything between us.”

I paused to see if Jinyoung wanted to say anything but he stood quiet; listening.

“Jinyoung…” I began. “I really need to tell you something.”

“Okay.” He said. “Go ahead.”

“I like Sandeul. I like him a lot.” I wanted to run and hide but I bit my tongue and stood still.

Jinyoung sighed deeply. “I kind of had a feeling.” He looked down at the ground then back at me. “Jessy, I wish I could tell you that I can forget what happen and go as if nothing happen but that is not reality. I feel something and I can’t control it and if I can do something to make you realize you might have feelings for me, then I will.”

My eyes watered. I don’t know why but they did. “God, Jinyoung.”

“I don’t want you to feel bad.” Jinyoung said, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“Sandeul might have your heart today but later on I might have it.” He said softly.

I nodded. “Okay, Jinyoung. Do what feels right… I guess I’ll see you later.”

“CNU wants to plan a small trip so I’ll keep you updated.” He informed me.

“Okay.” I stood up and Jinyoung followed. “See you later, bye.”

We hugged.

END OF FLASHBACK

I was now walking to the hotel with my head down. I know I didn’t tell him, Sandeul and I were dating but I felt bad telling him. I sighed.

I felt a relief to see the door of my temporary home. I felt a bit lighter as I scanned by key on the doorknob. All the lights were off. I guess no one is here. I go to the control screen and turn the lights on. I almost screamed my lungs out when I saw my sister alone in the couch crying.

Oh god, what now?

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the wait guys! I've been a little busy lately, but chapter 17 is finally up, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

Thank you please comment and subscribe (: